• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrence Howard is an insane person

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beard

can you even imagine the chemicals he could have come up with? no, you can't.

Can you imagine trying to teach that fool anything?

"What do you mean water has oxygen in it? Hell no it doesn't!! If it did, it would be floating in the air, and we'd be able to breath water. Can you breath water? No, I didn't think so. This is all bullshit. Let me cut some plastic shapes so I can demonstrate why you are so unbelievably wrong on this."

akira28

Can you imagine trying to teach that fool anything?

"What do you mean water has oxygen in it? Hell no it doesn't!! If it did, it would be floating in the air, and we'd be able to breath water. Can you breath water? No, I didn't think so. This is all bullshit. Let me cut some plastic shapes so I can demonstrate why you are so unbelievably wrong on this."

his wife is the real MVP if she actually just sat there with him, cutting shapes out of plastic so he could explain his theory. "that's right baby, the world will know, you'll show them. You want me to cook something or should we order out?"

cameron

The crazy math theories and cutting shapes out of plastic is pretty amusing. The history of violent behaviour... not so much. Fuck that guy.

Freiya

I can see where he is coming from.

When you multiply 1 times 1, lets say it's written as

1 X 1

There are 2 1s. As in 2. Its a pretty interesting way of looking at mathematics. This could pretty much change the field of human science.
Agreed! I believe in Terrance.

oneils

This dude is nuts... wow.

Does he not understand that 1 x 1 means 1 [object] x 1 [instance] = 1? At least that's how I would conceptualize it.

Or just 1 of 1 as someone intimated earlier.

He seems hung up on the word time. Time multiplied by itself must represent an increase of sorts in his mind, so he is latched on to the word time.

Replace time with "of" and you can now do the math without getting caught in the abstract I guess.

They told him "Terry, your salary for the Iron Man sequel will be your previous salary multiplied by 1."

So he thought that meant he was getting double the pay and they got into a big argument.

LOL!

akira28

the second one is a conceptual one, it may not be physical, but it most certainly exists. 1X1 is composed of 2, but it equals one. Just like we are one physical body, but may be composed of more than one conceptual mind. It's genius, really.

On his deal-breaker:

Toilet paper - and no baby wipes - in the bathroom. If they're using dry paper, they aren't washing all of themselves. It's just unclean. So if I go in a woman's house and see the toilet paper there, I'll explain this. And if she doesn't make the adjustment to baby wipes, I'll know she's not completely clean.

just smell they ass

its not hard
image.php

I like how the foundation of his premise is that irrational numbers don't exist. What about every number that isn't a square of something else Terrence?

Stick to portraying people with some sense with your crazy ass

Yeah, dude's nuts. I actually saw him once at a grocery store.

I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

This anecdote destroyed me hahahah

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Can't believe you guys liked him better than Cheadle as Rhodey!

That's as crazy as 1x1=2.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
You guys are just learning this?

COME CHECK HIS PAST WISDOMS ON SEX

ELLE: What one item could you find in a woman's house that would prove that you weren't compatible?

TH: Toilet paper—and no baby wipes—in her bathroom.

ELLE: Wait. I don't think I understand.

TH: If they're using dry paper, they aren't washing all of themselves. It's just unclean. So if I go inside a woman's house and see the toilet paper there, I'll explain this. And if she doesn't make the adjustment to baby wipes, I'll know she's not completely clean.

Wag

You did the same thing when you reserved your sympathy by concluding that they weren't connected.

I'm arguing for the possibility that they may be connected, and not to just dismiss this man's issues because he does something you don't personally agree with. That's why I asked, where do we draw the line? Should we stop feeling sympathy for someone who is mentally ill when they do something we don't agree with? Without considering that it could be caused by that same illness?

I know these are big questions, and I hope you don't feel as if im singling you out or criticizing you, because that's not my intention. It's all in good fun!

You do realize that people with mental illness commit violent acts no more than people who aren't?

Dryk

Terrence Howard and the square root of two have a lot in common. They're both irrational, and Terrence Howard doesn't know that about either of them.

"Since I was a child of three or four," he says, "I was always wondering, you know, why does a bubble take the shape of a ball? Why not a triangle or a square? I figured it out. If Pythagoras was here to see it, he would lose his mind. Einstein, too! Tesla!"
The saddest part about this is when you realise that the question behind his life's ambition was not only solved, but was being used as an engineering design tool before he was even born.

Structural engineer Frei Otto used soap bubble films to determine the geometry of a sheet of least surface area that spreads between several points, and translated this geometry into revolutionary tensile roof structures. A famous example is his West German Pavilion at Expo 67 in Montreal.
Born
Terrence Dashon Howard
March 11, 1969

LaNaranja

that's amusing for the outside, but great, wonderful for movie dynamic. The kind of acting you can work out of a ham like that, it was really a shame that they had an actual fucking comic book character already in their movie and they let him go for Don "Just standing there" Cheadle.

Crazy or not, Cheadle just doesn't fit the role and has zero chemistry with Robert by comparison.

This shit is fucking crazy to me. Cheadle is far and away the better actor and has better chemistry with RDJ. Dude has range for days while Howard plays the same fucking role every time.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
This shit is fucking crazy to me. Cheadle is far and away the better actor and has better chemistry with RDJ. Dude has range for days while Howard plays the same fucking role every time.

I'm with you on this. Terrence Howard has zero personality in Iron Man. Bland to the extreme. Cheadle is way a better more actor and far more likeable in the role. In my humble opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom