• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
...you do know mulatto is to describe the colour of someone's skin right? Like black or white? It's just an old-fashioned word today. It's not anymore offensive then "black slaves".

Where do you live?

Show him this from another thread. There were some incidents reported though.
garbage-fire-994x746.jpg

This looks like Portland, I bet it is. Get that destruction in the shot!

The first time I heard the word mulatto it was in an issue of gamefan where the writer was using it to describe Orchid from Killer Instinct on the SNES.

Apathy

...you do know mulatto is to describe the colour of someone's skin right? Like black or white? It's just an old-fashioned word today. It's not anymore offensive then "black slaves".

no no, it's no more offensive than oriental, or quadroon, just old folksy words

/s

manakel

As someone who is "mulatto", no..it is not used to describe someone's skin color. Nice try, though.

ManaMiku

Banned
Are you saying this based on your thorough google search?

Are you now sharing your wealth of knowledge?

Interesting since your admitted search technique does not mention skin color, just ancestry:

No, I read it up in wiki. Shortly after our discussion. The first sentence is all you need to know.

Are you my eyes? Stop assuming what I've read. :/

No, I read it up in wiki. Shortly after our discussion. The first sentence is all you need to know.

I can only assume, based on this discussion, that you poorly research topics that you discuss.

And that is why I asked questions.

And based on you response, your answer to my first question should not be "No" it should be "Yes"

Fat4all

Banned
You are straight name calling people jokes or inept based on him not knowing a racial slur. It is entirely possible he'd never heard the word. Every now and then I hear a statement or word and learn its racist or offensive. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him when he says so

His post up there tells me even more so he doesn't realize that is an offensive word. Even though he's wrong.

Who uses the word without knowing what it means in casual conversation with other people?

A child, maybe?

It's like when I was young and my sister let me watch Blazing Saddles with her. Of course I didn't know the context of the word "nigger", but I still said it in front of my Mom later because I was a kid.

Ho man, was I in deep shit.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I personally believe you don't know or didn't know what it means. All you need to know is its a slur and it's offensive.

Sapientas

Are you saying this based on your thorough google search?

Are you now sharing your wealth of knowledge?

Interesting since your admitted search technique does not mention skin color, just ancestry:
Oh boy! You got him now!

This discussion is legit great. How did it get to this?..

Respond with "no, but I heard about the protests though as well as police pepper spraying an elderly woman".
He won't believe it. Trust me, I've tried before.

He's the kind of guy who sees the inauguration crowd comparison picture and says it's probably photoshopped. Anything that makes Obama seem positive or better, that liberals did something good, or that makes police seem bad, is false and/or liberal propaganda

And either way, he'd just say it's their fault for protesting a peaceful transition of power

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Who uses the word without knowing what it means in casual conversation with other people?

A child, maybe?

It's like when I was young and my sister let me watch Blazing Saddles with her. Of course I didn't know the context of the word "nigger", but I still said it in front of my Mom later because I was a kid.

Ho man, was I in deep shit.

He didn't use the word, he commented on a supposed QUOTE attributed to Ivanka. Him not knowing the word took from it that the "offensive" word in question was cock since the phrase "mulatto cock". I honestly don't see it as a stretch. Its not a word you hear much these days.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Well I didn't know what it means. Some people are touchy, thinking I'm actually trying to be offensive. Urgh, I give up.

It's like I said, I know where you're coming from, and I believe you. People are increasingly touchy understandably due to fear and anxiety of this clown being in the whitehouse. I don't think running around calling anyone and everyone racist is helping the situation at all.

Sapientas

Well I didn't know what it means. Some people are touchy, thinking I'm actually trying to be offensive. Urgh, I give up.
I believe you too, it's just that these threads are normally crowded with corcern trolls that come out of the woodwork, so the skepticism towards your posts were kinda granted.

He won't believe it. Trust me, I've tried before.

He's the kind of guy who sees the inauguration crowd comparison picture and says it's probably photoshopped. Anything that makes Obama seem positive or better, that liberals did something good, or that makes police seem bad, is false and/or liberal propaganda

And either way, he'd just say it's their fault for protesting a peaceful transition of power

Then you respond by saying the following:

"You are a dumbass for believing in such dumb conspiracy theories. If you can't handle people's right to protest, go self-deport your ass to Russia, especially since your idol likes sucking on Putin's dick like a lollipop."

Sapientas

Not him

But in spanish, Mulatto is used to describe a persons look. "Este persona es un mulatto". We also use "chino" to describe people with certain types of hair. "El tiene el pelo chino".
In portuguese too, but it has a historic background of being used as a derogatory term. I'm guessing that's true in spanish cultures too?

"You are a dumbass for believing in such dumb conspiracy theories. If you can't handle people's right to protest, go self-deport your ass to Russia, especially since your idol likes sucking on Putin's dick like a lollipop."
I'll take things that you would never say to your dad outside of brave keyboard hypotheticals for $100, Alex.
Have you conversed with a family member before? Ever?

Sapientas

That sounds a bit much no? Like, that's your own father..
Got a laugh outta me though.

gamerMan

I want the United States to continue to do great and I am hopeful that it will. Still, I'm sad that the American people elected Donald Trump, a man filled with so much of negativity and hatred. As Americans, we must ask who is he speaking to?

It is clear that he is speaking mainly to angry White Americans who feel their jobs, power, and existence are being threatened. His approval rating is the lowest approval rating of any President in 40 years. While most Americans don't agree with how he is handing the transfer of power, it's scary that the majority of White Americans do.

Given his elected cabinet, his call to White Nationalism is downright scary. It really puts it in perspective that most of us are living in an echo chamber.

I am trying to see the light in all this. This is a moment in time that had to happen so that we could deal with these social issues. We have ignored them too long. Like Obama, I am confident that we will come out of this stronger. I still believe that America is good.

daTRUballin

This is a stupid post.

I'll take things that you would never say to your dad outside of brave keyboard hypotheticals for $100, Alex.
Have you conversed with a family member before? Ever?

You think I don't respond this way IRL? I do. And it works because it defangs far-right-assholes when they realize that political incorrectness can be used against them.

Steel

Banned
I have a feeling that he "wrote" his own speech like Millania "wrote" her own RNC speech. No way his staff would let him go uncensored at a time like this.

I said this earlier, but I take it back. That speech was more than shitty and hamfisted enough to be from his own mind.

I guess you missed the rioters smashing windows of businesses and the limo that was set on fire.
And that's how it continues.

Instead of talking about it as peaceful protests with unfortunate pockets of rioters and anarchists, everyone gets labelled as a violent rioter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom