• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You think I don't respond this way IRL? I do. And it works because it defangs far-right-assholes when they realize that political incorrectness can be used against them.

Goooodddddd loooorrrrddd you talk to people like this?! Let alone your dad? Saying something like this makes you look unstable.

ReAxion

And that's how it continues.

Instead of talking about it as peaceful protests with unfortunate pockets of rioters and anarchists, everyone gets labelled as a violent rioter

And the reasons for their rioting are never examined beyond the idea that they're just made up reasons. I know this playbook, too.

Apparently you are a joke and inept. For shame!
:(
Well good thing you don't try to have a conversation about terms you don't know about. Nothing wrong with not knowing a word and not speaking on it.

If anything I would have asked or google it
which shows up as the first thing.
Something that I will never say and etc.

Regardless fuck Trump for empowering racist and allowing these types of words to emerge again.

kamspy

You think I don't respond this way IRL? I do. And it works because it defangs far-right-assholes when they realize that political incorrectness can be used against them.

HOJOn

I hadnt watched the swearing in until just now. I have been trying to avoid seeing him speak lately and get most of my news from reading... I feel numb again. Nearly as bad as election night. I just feel so disappointed in the people around me who let this happen. I feel like if this turns out as badly as we think it will, I will never be able to look at a person who voted for him with respect again.

dream

Goooodddddd loooorrrrddd you talk to people like this?! Let alone your dad? Saying something like this makes you look unstable.

IIRC, this is the guy who wrote a guide to handling conservative family members at Thanksgiving, which included such gems as accusing them of literally fellating Trump, calling them white trash, and to knuckle up for a fist fight. "Unstable" is being charitable.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
IIRC, this is the guy who wrote a guide to handling conservative family members at Thanksgiving, which included such gems as accusing them of literally fellating Trump, calling them white trash, and to knuckle up for a fist fight. "Unstable" is being charitable.

I think I remember this actually. Same guy who had screamed at his parents and wrote them off for good for not voting in the primaries or something like that?

It doesn't defang anyone. It just makes them want to stop talking to you because you're being a dick.

Defanging him would be changing his mind. What you're doing is making him retract his claws until the next time he feels like commenting.

If you do really talk like that to people in real life you're the physical embodiment of embarrassment.

i never said anything about them, but good on them for remaining civil. Doesn't change the fact that there was rioting.
But the media (mainly right wing) and thus their large audience doesn't see that first part. They're only shown and conditioned to see it all as rioting., thus the police actions are justified no matter how brutal and the protests' concerns and issues are just trouble-making and excuses to cause violence.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It doesn't defang anyone. It just makes them want to stop talking to you because you're being a dick.

Defanging him would be changing his mind. What you're doing is making him retract his claws until the next time he feels like commenting.

It invalidates his opinion, at least in my mind watching somebody come unhinged like that.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
But the media (mainly right wing) and thus their large audience doesn't see that first part. They're only shown and conditioned to see it all as rioting., thus the police actions are justified no matter how brutal and the protests' concerns and issues are just trouble-making and excuses to cause violence.

What further sucks about that is the overwhelming majority who get violent with it never believed in the cause anyways. They just see it as an excuse to wreak havoc.

Yeah, it just makes someone look like a raging asshole. No one wants to take you seriously if you act that way.

Honestly I wouldn't see a person like that as an asshole, I would think they had something wrong with them.

Dirca

I understand this, I used to work as a camera operator in a news station...if it bleeds, it leads. It's all about money, so of course that's what will be covered in the news. I'm well aware of the peaceful protests and this was (so far) an isolated incident, but violence wins every time when it comes to selling commercials. I'm not saying that rioting isn't justified given the reason why, but that still doesn't make it right.

Honestly I wouldn't see a person like that as an asshole, I would think they had something wrong with them.

For making a sexual joke abut Trump? Nah, that is totally valid. I personally wouldn't engage with Trumpets like that but I would definitely laugh out loud if I heard someone saying that.

I'll be honest Gaf I just want everyone to love each other. No hating on ether sides views(well not social since Republican views are gross) but try to change them into loving all. I just want the love that trumps hate to happen ;_;

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
For making a sexual joke abut Trump? Nah, that is totally valid. I personally wouldn't engage with Trumpets like that but I would definitely laugh out loud if I heard someone saying that.

Hmm not much of a joke there. Comes off as extremely edgy and try hard to me.

Aselith

Well I didn't know what it means. Some people are touchy, thinking I'm actually trying to be offensive. Urgh, I give up.

Just reading back through the post chain here...hot tip on not creating offense: don't say something isn't racist until you know about the words being used especially not when someone is pointing it out to you as being racist.

I mean are you really surprised? Between peaceful protests and violent rioting which is more news worthy for media?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So I saw the riots earlier with the dudes dressed in all black and masks...

I hate to be that guy, but is it wrong that the first thing I thought of was the Alt-Right pulling that shit just to make others look bad? It's an accusation the Alt-Right loves to throw out themselves but as I've learned they're the masters of projection just like Trump and seem like the most likely candidates to pull that shit.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Lmao at those non singing ass white kids attempting to sing Soul Music like James Brown, Jackson 5, and Four Tops. They couldn't find some black kids ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom