• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The colors of this photo will appear different to everyone. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPoole

qShH5re.gif

I saw white (slight blue tint) and (dark) gold at work on the work monitor and checked on mobile and still saw white/gold...

Then I got home... smoked a bowl and I can only see blue and black (closer to a black chocolate color on my monitor at home, but almost black on mobile)... unsure if this will last. But everyone is right.. he hasn't discovered the secret.

It only ever looks white/gold to me if I'm fatigued and have been staring at bright artificial light. If I start looking elsewhere for a few minutes and look back, it's blue/black.

It's a crappy photo IMO, I too saw white and gold right away then I scrolled down a little and spotted a blacker item in the background. With the contrast I definitely see black and blue now.

What's weird to me is that it looked White and Gold to me all day yesterday, but now every picture of it today looks blue and black. I can't unsee it back to White/Gold.

Booshka

Before the dress was white and gold but after drinking a bottle of wine I now see a hot chick. I think I may have discovered something important here.

According to what is going on in that other Dress thread, you would be considered sexist.

Dress is Black and Blue, at all times to me.

Fiveshift

Neo Member
I see this dress as Black and Blue all day long, I get that if it were over exposed it would look white - gold, wondering if people have their monitors calibrated properly...

the hell...? I was looking at it just yesterday and it was white and gold, and looked again earlier today and it's still white + gold. after I filled up my tank, which is literally 5 minutes later, I looked at the dress again and now it's blue and black
... what is going on!?

Who

Banned
Im so frustrated with this fucking dress. I've been trying all day to look at it in different rooms, outside, on other people's phones and nope, still white and gold

I feel your pain. I was already drunk and in a bad mood last night and looking at it made me want to throw my phone against the wall.

EMT0

Banned
What the fu-

I saw gold and yellow yesterday, but I see blue and black today. I must be going nuts, or the OP is trolling ._.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
the secret is that the lighting in the photo is screwed up such that a lot of people interpret the dress as being in a bluish shadow

therefore your brain says "oh this color isn't blue, it's white except it's in shadow"

you can find a lot of optical illusions like this online, where you have one object in an area of light and one in shadow, so your brain interprets them as being two different colors, even though they're actually the same

MrDenny

I saw white and gold when I entered the the thread.
My friend sent me the picture and it was clearly blue and black.
Now I checked the same picture my friend sent me and its back to white and gold.
What is going on.

I can't help but see the colors in the same way photoshop picker does; a bunch of desaturated light blues and goldish dark browns. I've looked at it a bunch of times, and I can't see just straight up black and blue, or white and gold.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
I can't help but see the colors in the same way photoshop picker does; a bunch of desaturated light blues and goldish dark browns. I've looked at it a bunch of times, and I can't see just straight up black and blue, or white and gold.
Imagine you were trying to figure out what the dress looked like in real life.

Can you guys seeing only one or the other switch your angle or adjust your monitor up/down to change it?

Looking right at it I see gold/whitish but if I tilt my monitor away from me I see the black/blue.

Korey

That's what the colors literally are, but the question isn't what colors are in the image, it's what color the dress is (in real life).

Your brain is trying to interpret the photo based on the context (lighting, etc.) but since it's so zoomed in there's little to work with. So certain times it'll interpret the dress to be blue with yellow lighting (making the black reflect a golden color), and other times it'll interpret it to be white with a blueish shadow on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom