• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The *Definitive* PSP RPGs for Vita Thread

All I need to see to say Trails in the Sky, and I don't think it'll take quite as long to click with you as Grandia. Though P3's one of the most highly regarded JRPGs in years, so get to that eventually.

Alright thanks for that, if you say it will click faster than Grandia I'll probably go with Trails in the Sky then. :) It's been a while since I played a classic RPG! One question though, do you know how much space it takes?

You could get both Trails and God Eater for the price of P3P. I'd just pick up both of those and wait until Atlus has a sale or price drop. I can't imagine them never offering their games for less than $40, they can't be that crazy.

Believe me if I could get both of these I wouldn't have a issue at all though I'm in the EU and Trails is 34€ here and God Eater 30€ :( I agree with you though, as great as the Persona series is, 34€ is a bit steep considering it's a game that was already out on the PS2. I know it was reworked and there's new content but for 25€ it would be a no brainer.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Alright thanks for that, if you say it will click faster than Grandia I'll probably go with Trails in the Sky then. :) It's been a while since I played a classic RPG! One question though, do you know how much space it takes?

Ah, yeah, EU PSN pricing sucks even more than US PSN pricing.

I'd recommend Trails as well, it takes a while to get going but once it hooks you, it doesn't let go. PSN says it's 1.16GB. That's for the NA version, but I don't think it had more languages added for the EU release due to the ridiculous amount of text so it should be about the same there.

Jigsaw

Banned
big price cut on many xseed titles in eu store

ys 1+2,ys oath,ys seven and corpse party all 10€ only

also gods eater burst is only 10€ now and many nisa titles too

Ah, yeah, EU PSN pricing sucks even more than US PSN pricing.

I'd recommend Trails as well, it takes a while to get going but once it hooks you, it doesn't let go. PSN says it's 1.16GB. That's for the NA version, but I don't think it had more languages added for the EU release due to the ridiculous amount of text so it should be about the same there.

Alright, I probably have to get a bigger memory card then! xD

And well pricing or not, thanks to the sale that happened just now I'll get God Eater, Mana Khemia and Trails! :D Thank god I didn't buy anything yesterday night, I would have raged... thanks for the info Jigsaw!

Lain

Nice!
I think I'll rebuy gods eater burst and Ys 7 to play on my Vita. Gotta see which Nisa titles are lowered as well.

xxczx

Holy bad luck.
Bought God Eater for £23 Monday now it's £8.

Namco, you better put that money towards God Eater 2 localization! :(

scy

Hoping to see a price cut on the US store too then!
Yeah I realize ours were already about this price but let me dream

Edit: ...it just occurred to me that I can just get Gods Eater instead of rebuying MHFU to get my MH-esque fix.

Durante

So, get this:

1) Durante buys Ys game in EU PSN store.
2) Next day: Steam index leak for Ys game.
3) Day after: Price reduction of game on PSN store.

Now I ask you GAF: Which game should I buy next? What do you want to see ported to Steam and reduced in price in the immediate future?

Perkel

Banned
So, get this:

Now I ask you GAF: Which game should I buy next? What do you want to see ported to Steam and reduced in price in the immediate future?

Question is :

1. Do i want to play this game with upped res but probably with crappy tetures not fitted for big screen or :
2. Do i want to play on nice PSP wherever i am with game looking alright for small screen ? OR bigger Vita :)

My opinion 2.

Joe Molotov

Question is :

1. Do i want to play this game with upped res but probably with crappy tetures not fitted for big screen or :
2. Do i want to play on nice PSP wherever i am with game looking alright for small screen ? OR bigger Vita :)

My opinion 2.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana was originally made for the PC, then ported to the PSP.

magawolaz

EU STORE REDEEMED

Gonna buy them all (seriously), thanks for the heads up!

So, get this:

Try with the P3+TitS bundle! Thanks :)

xxczx

So, get this:

At least Ys was only around £13~ :/

Famassu

I guess Trails in the Sky is still kinda expensive and isn't in Steam's registry. Try that next. kthnxbai

Btw, why is Sony selling Disgaea Infinite through Vita's store if you can't download it using a Vita?

jRPG

You know, I've been watching the PlayStation Blog for Store updates most of the day to see if anything else was added to the PSP sale they've been having, or any other PSP digital download titles were reduced and they didn't post anything. So strange how they've stealth reduced these. Are the reductions temporary or permanent?

I'll most certainly pick up God Eater Burst, (I even asked Namco Bandai to reduce this on Twitter, but got no reply) and try the Ys franchise for my first time.

Famassu

You know, I've been watching the PlayStation Blog for Store updates most of the day to see if anything else was added to the PSP sale they've been having, or any other PSP digital download titles were reduced and they didn't post anything. So strange how they've stealth reduced these. Are the reductions temporary or permanent?
The reductions that go under the "Price Drops" are permanent at least on PS3, would think that they are so with Vita too but don't take my word on it.

krYlon

Question is :

My opinion 2.

It looks better on the PC on highest res in my opinion.

The only other thing to take into account is that the PC version is harder because you don't have double boost.

xxczx

Half Minute Hero £9.99 (I'm assuming this is the set price now since it's gone up)
Corpse Party £7.99 / €9.99
Ys: The Oath in Felghana £7.99 / €9.99
Ys SEVEN £7.99 / €9.99
Ys I & II Chronicles £7.99 / €9.99
GODS EATER BURST £7.99 / €9.99
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony £9.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona £7.99 / €9.99
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance £7.99 / €9.99
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle £7.99 / €9.99
Prinny 2 £7.99 / €9.99
Z.H.P. £11.99
CLADUN: This is an RPG! £7.99 / €9.99

I'm assuming 7.99 is 9.99 in Euros, no idea what the other prices will be, I'm guessing €14.99 for Z.H.P. and €11.99 for Half Minute Hero and Lunar. There are other PSP price cuts too but those aren't RPGs

jyx

Downloaded 6 vita games and 6 psp jrpgs. Good to know the next paycheck is only a few days away :)

Have:

God Eater
3rd birthday
Ys 7
Ys o something
Half minute hero
Lunar

4 gigs free space. Any suggestions what to buy next?

Durante

The prices for PSP games on the EU PSN got a lot more enticing with this update.

I'd buy so much stuff if I had the time to play it. At least I know I won't run out of games to play on Vita even if not a single game is released for it in the next year or two.

Famassu

Downloaded 6 vita games and 6 psp jrpgs. Good to know the next paycheck is only a few days away :)

Have:

God Eater
3rd birthday
Ys 7
Ys o something
Half minute hero
Lunar

ClaDun: This is an RPG and Corpse Party (not that much of a JRPG, more of an SNES retro adventure visual novel or such) at least, maybe Zettai Hero Project if that sort of game is your thing.

Theonik

I was about to buy them last week too. Glad I held out, saved a good 15 Euro right there which would essentially amount to 1 extra game. Now, for stuff like the persona games to follow suit.

Dingotech

So I posted on the last page but haven't got any responses.

1. Does anybody know if I could buy PSP games from Gamestop if I use a US PSN account with my Vita, but I'm based in Australia? How are the games given to you, I gather via a redeemable PSN code?

2. If I'm keen for a Disgaea game on my Vita and I really enjoyed playing Disgaea 1 on my PS2 back in the day, would people recommend me buying Disgaea 2, or should I just wait for Disgaea 3 to be released for Vita? Is 2 comparable to number 1?

Thanks in advance!

scy

2. If I'm keen for a Disgaea game on my Vita and I really enjoyed playing Disgaea 1 on my PS2 back in the day, would people recommend me buying Disgaea 2, or should I just wait for Disgaea 3 to be released for Vita? Is 2 comparable to number 1?

Thanks in advance!

Personally, I'd just wait for 3 this April. But, as far as 2 is concerned, it's a direct evolution of Disgaea 1. There's some changes here and there mechanically speaking but a lot of the game works the same as it did in Disgaea 1. If you must have some Disgaea right now, there's nothing wrong at all with Disgaea 2; it's everything 1 did but better.

Story is hit-or-miss with most people, though. Disgaea 2 has one of my favorite stories for the series but a lot of people find it to be the worst since it wasn't all that silly.

Have:

God Eater
3rd birthday
Ys 7
Ys o something
Half minute hero
Lunar

How about a new memory card?

/rimshot

Dingotech

Personally, I'd just wait for 3 this April. But, as far as 2 is concerned, it's a direct evolution of Disgaea 1. There's some changes here and there mechanically speaking but a lot of the game works the same as it did in Disgaea 1. If you must have some Disgaea right now, there's nothing wrong at all with Disgaea 2; it's everything 1 did but better.

Story is hit-or-miss with most people, though. Disgaea 2 has one of my favorite stories for the series but a lot of people find it to be the worst since it wasn't all that silly.

Thanks for the response!

I really enjoyed the wacky story in Disgaea one, but I'm not sure if a less serious one would bother me that much, maybe a little.

If the mechanics are just as much fun as one, then perhaps it would be a good option for now. Especially since it's only ~$20 for two and the 3rd will probably be at least $40 on release.

Lain

Double dipped on Ys7, God Eater Burst and grabbed Lunar as well.
Now to wait for a price drop on 3rd Birthday, Disgaea 1, Trails, P3P, P2:IS, Riviera, Wild Arms XF so I can re buy them as well.
Oh, and an Atlus Sale on the American side of the store so I can grab those titles not available on the EU store.

Double dipped on Ys7, God Eater Burst and grabbed Lunar as well.
Now to wait for a price drop on 3rd Birthday, Disgaea 1, Trails, P3P, P2:IS, Riviera, Wild Arms XF so I can re buy them as well.
Oh, and an Atlus Sale on the American side of the store so I can grab those titles not available on the EU store.
I would love to see the price come down on the Persona titles. I find the idea of having them all digitally on my Vita very appealing. Though to do so at current prices would mean a $200 commitment. (If you included Golden and the latest P2 release.)

lantus

Soo question and it may sound like a stupid one, I just picked up Dissida 012 yesterday and saw something about an install to make loading faster, but the fact that it's already installed on my Vita confused me whether or not I can or should do this?

So I posted on the last page but haven't got any responses.

1. Does anybody know if I could buy PSP games from Gamestop if I use a US PSN account with my Vita, but I'm based in Australia? How are the games given to you, I gather via a redeemable PSN code?

Thanks in advance!

1. They give you a redeemable code. It should work from a US account.

2. I never played Disgaea 2, but why not wait for 3 since it's being ported for Vita. I didn't buy a Vita so I could play the old BlazBlue games, I got the new Vita version. See what I'm saying? I've heard 3 is better than 2 anyways.

Soo question and it may sound like a stupid one, I just picked up Dissida 012 yesterday and saw something about an install to make loading faster, but the fact that it's already installed on my Vita confused me whether or not I can or should do this?

I think you mean PSN vs the UMD version. So if you're playing on Vita it's already installed and that's all you gotta do.

decaf

Half Minute Hero £9.99 (I'm assuming this is the set price now since it's gone up)
Corpse Party £7.99 / €9.99
Ys: The Oath in Felghana £7.99 / €9.99
Ys SEVEN £7.99 / €9.99
Ys I & II Chronicles £7.99 / €9.99
GODS EATER BURST £7.99 / €9.99
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony £9.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona £7.99 / €9.99
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance £7.99 / €9.99
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle £7.99 / €9.99
Prinny 2 £7.99 / €9.99
Z.H.P. £11.99
CLADUN: This is an RPG! £7.99 / €9.99

I'm assuming 7.99 is 9.99 in Euros, no idea what the other prices will be, I'm guessing €14.99 for Z.H.P. and €11.99 for Half Minute Hero and Lunar. There are other PSP price cuts too but those aren't RPGs

When will these offers end? (Can't access PS Store at work)

Hoping they're on until at least the 21st.

spats

After FFXIII completely killed any desire I had to play JRPG's, I decided to pick up Ys 7 for the Vita anyway and fell completely in love with it. No frills (at least so far), runs and plays really smooth, looks nice and exploring stuff is so much fun. So nice.

Wazzim

Banned
Yeah Ys 7 is godly.
Picked up Gods Eater Burst too and it's surprisingly good, very high production value. I am a Monster Hunter fan and have always looked down on clones like GE but it's a genuinely good game.

I want to get TITS too but I'll wait for a price drop, €35 is too steep.

So Ys Chronicles is on the European PSV store but not the NA one, or are you simply buying the game on your PS3 and transferring it over? I want to (re-)buy Chronicles but only Oath in Felghana and Seven are up, both of which I've already (re-)purchased.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So Ys Chronicles is on the European PSV store but not the NA one, or are you simply buying the game on your PS3 and transferring it over? I want to (re-)buy Chronicles but only Oath in Felghana and Seven are up, both of which I've already (re-)purchased.

That game seems like an odd case. Some people have managed to get it to work via PS3, others haven't. The theory linked in the OP is that is related to the fact Ys Chronicles somehow got messed up on PSN, so it was re-added. If you have the initial version it worked, if you have the version after it was re-added, it doesn't. But some people have apparently said they've gotten it to work and just bought it recently, so I really have no idea what's going on. Hopefully Sony gets it worked out though.

Top Bottom