• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

szaromir

Banned
It'll be interesting to see Neon Struct on SteamSpy over the next few days, the game has pretty much no userbase (3k owners), so it should be good to gauge the number of subscriptions.

Neon Struct went up 12k, Chroma Squad went up 15k. I don't think big publishers will bother talking to them, it's just too small an endeavor really.

jonno394

Chroma Squad is great fun, sort of makes me feel better about forgetting to cancel the bundle as I wouldn't have played this without it!

so I just sold Rust and Payday 2 + DLC for £9, so covered this month.... I can tell a whole load of people cancelled after the first month as I practically gave away last months keys for free...all down to a £1 in the end as the market was flooded

this month not so much

Where do you guys sell your Steam keys? I would be interested in buying a Chroma Squad key, which should be cheaper if it was featured in this bundle.

spinz

Nope. You'll only get Payday 2 and the January bundle.

its so weird. Their entire incoming market is always going to be people who wished they had been a part of the last month, but the games they wanted were last month, so theyr somewhat destined to be disappointed when its very different games the next month.

Wok

its so weird. Their entire incoming market is always going to be people who wished they had been a part of the last month, but the games they wanted were last month, so theyr somewhat destined to be disappointed when its very different games the next month.

This is only part of their market: gamblers and all...

Most of their market consists in people who want to discover new indie games.

so um...

I did this for the first time on the 2nd or something of this month, and they just charged me already for January's bundle. Is that the way they handle it? Something to do with the holidays maybe?

spinz

so um...

I did this for the first time on the 2nd or something of this month, and they just charged me already for January's bundle. Is that the way they handle it? Something to do with the holidays maybe?

same. I wasnt expecting to be charged this early.

NeoRaider

so um...

Well, Friday is January 1st, so next bundle is coming in 8-9 days, that's why i guess.

PaulLFC

so um...

I just checked my emails and I was charged for this current bundle on November 27th. Hopefully the earlier charge this month is just because of the holidays around this time of year and not a trend of the charge getting earlier and earlier.

inm8num2

Alien Isolation is apparently in tomorrow's Humble Monthly.

source

qIpy9qq.jpg

diw4ZXo.png

Wow, actually not bad for 12. Not sure how low it's been before, but that plus four or five other games for 12 seems like pretty solid value for that month.

zulux21

Alien Isolation is apparently in tomorrow's Humble Monthly.

source

the wording is different.

previously it was order feb's bundle get this game.
this pay early thing I feel is new.

i mean it is likely still the game from the jan bundle that you will get for getting the feb bundle, but I wonder if they want people to commit earlier for extra stuff and starting next month you can opt into getting charged early to unlock a game.

Ventara

oh damn thats worth $12 alone

Yup. I already have it, but as a gift item (bought during the last sale, so too late for a refund). I'm wondering if I should maybe try to sell it and buy this bundle.

Edit: So, this is part of February's bundle? As in, I'll need to wait for January to finish and the pre-sale for February starts?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Yup. I already have it, but as a gift item (bought during the last sale, so too late for a refund). I'm wondering if I should maybe try to sell it and buy this bundle.

Edit: So, this is part of February's bundle? As in, I'll need to wait for January to finish and the pre-sale for February starts?
No. This is part of the January bundle but also the pre-order game for February

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The idea that you don't know what you are subbing to is still completely ridiculous in my opinion

Head.spawn

Does anyone have a list of all the games that have been offered so far in these subscriptions?

I'd like to jump in, but I worry a bit too much if it's just going to be stuff I already bought.

Panda Rin

Wow, Alien is in it? Definitely worth it now regardless of what's in it.

Just wish I had the stomach to play through it.

edit: oh wait, I have to purchase both January AND February's bundles? Hmm...I don't know. I might just wait for February then?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The idea that you don't know what you are subbing to is still completely ridiculous in my opinion
It's the entire point of the bundle, though.

It would have no reason to exist if it operated on the basis of you knowing exactly what you're getting and making an informed decision to buy it.

Teppic

Wow, Alien is in it? Definitely worth it now regardless of what's in it.

Just wish I had the stomach to play through it.

edit: oh wait, I have to purchase both January AND February's bundles? Hmm...I don't know. I might just wait for February then?
You can subsribe now and cancel it right away to get the january bundle.

Ventara

Does anyone have a list of all the games that have been offered so far in these subscriptions?

I'd like to jump in, but I worry a bit too much if it's just going to be stuff I already bought.

November
Towerfall Ascension
Besiege
Valkyria Chronicles
Lethal League
Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition
Saints Row IV
Legend of Grimrock 2 (Preorder bonus)

December
Banished
Rust
Payday 2 (+ 3 DLC)
Neon Struct
Chroma Squad
Company Of Heroes 2 (+ Western Front Armies + British Forces)

Edit: Looking at this list, I have a feeling that Alien Isolation will be the only game I want in the bundle. VC, Grimrock 2 and Banished were the only games I wanted from the last 2 months, and I had all 3. Think I'll pass on this as well.

zulux21

You can subsribe now and cancel it right away to get the january bundle.

I would so be throwing likelys around in regards to getting alien (though in your case I think you are just saying buy it and cancel and still get the bundle which is cool, but realized after I made this post >.>)

as I said the wording is different from all of their other promos trying to get people to get signed up (the previous ones asked you to subscribe this one is saying pay now as in paying early for it compared to a week before)

vs

completely possible they are trying a different tactic to keep more subs by either letting people get extra games by paying early and constantly subbing, or trying to get money earlier by having people pay for the next month and get a game early from the next bundle by giving them money early.

there is no grantee that the game is in the bundle that unlocks tomorrow, it's just likely that it is and the promo was poorly worded and not supposed to be on a sub's page, but giving the apparent drop off in subs between the first and second bundle it wouldn't be surprising if they were trying new tactics to keep people.

I mean offering a valuable every so often for people who are current subs but not available to people who weren't would be a way to keep people subbing more constantly so they don't miss out on those.

szaromir

Banned
Alien Isloation seems like an interesting, quality game (I haven't played it), but it's yet another Sega game. Soon they're going to run out of good AAA games made by Sega in the last few years and I wonder what happens then? They need to get another publisher on board.

spinz

I caved. At least there's a $12 Alien Isolation out of this. Expecting the worst though.

well you can count on two things:
it will be a very good value compared to the combined retail prices of things.
And there will be games you dont want to play.
Such is the way of the gamble-bundle.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the reveal:

Talos Principle
The Masterplan
Mushroom 11
Grim Fandago
Spelunky
Fistful of Gun

Alien Isolation (Pay early unlock for February XD)

I'm done. Unsubscribing.

Top Bottom