• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian - new screenshots and footage (IGN preview)

Boke1879

Looks a bit bad, like a PS3 game? Downgrade?
Hope it plays good.

I mean it's essentially a PS3 game. It's working off that same engine. That said in motion it looks great and the animation looks really good imo. Those images do a terrible job conveying that.

wmlk

Honestly though, the narration feels like a crutch,as described by IGN. I guess there are certain aspects of the game design or of certain objectives that they couldn't manage to properly communicate to the player organically.

I dunno, SotC's narration felt natural within the game. Especially with Dormin coming in after every Colossus.

Numb

rejoice.png

orochi91

This footage is borderline cathartic.

Ueda's trilogy will finally come to an end, and I can already see myself crying later this year...

D:

Gurish

Looks a bit bad, like a PS3 game? Downgrade?
Hope it plays good.

Hmm it always looked like a remastered PS3 game (always= since the re-reveal of course) and it still looks like that, so how can it be downgraded? I mean from what?
your post makes no sense.

This game is legit btw, I feel that it's going to be incredible after checking out the article and video, man Team Ico's games got so much magic in them and this one is no different.

Dragun619

The Last Guardian: Bringing Trico to Life: 1080p MP4 http://assets3.ign.com/videos/zenco...f1a4bd9f180f48d85d72-5000000-1464302156-w.mp4

The Last Guardian: It's Real and We played it: 1080p MP4
http://assets2.ign.com/videos/zenco...77e93c870f21cc855c48-5000000-1464302399-w.mp4

For those that have issues with the IGN Player.

Àw Yea, Thanks for this.

Shit, we even have a Udea appearance. Damn, I'm expecting an E3 stage demo and 2016 release date announcement at Sony conference.

Wagram

It's Team ICO. What are people expecting visually? Especially since the trailer back when for PS3 was straight bullshit.

ironcreed

Banned
The-Last-Guardian-IGN-7.jpg

I like that screen a lot for some reason, personally. Read a bit and watched a bit, but only partially.

The one thing I find interesting I didn't know before, minor opening spoilers,
how the game has a narration from the boy as an adult years later telling the story. Didn't see that coming, especially as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus lack dialogue, a lot of the time.

Nice. Hopefully we finally get to play this during the holiday season.

farisr

Not a fan of the foggy, faded out lighting look. Reminds me of ps2 era graphics (I'm not equating the graphics to a ps2 game). Hope the gameplay is fun.

DooMAGE

It's Team ICO. What are people expecting visually? Especially since the trailer back when for PS3 was straight bullshit.

So this game needs a free pass? And yet other WiiU titles on weaker hardware gets bashed by "poor graphics". oh man

Boke1879

Not a fan of the foggy, faded out lighting look. Reminds me of ps2 era graphics (I'm not equating the graphics to a ps2 game). Hope the gameplay is fun.

I know what you're saying. I think it's more so the aesthetic they were going for. Like Ueda wanted you to know at least visually it's linked to SOTC and Ico.

Looks sick! Would've liked for his "laser" to be shot from his horns though, in some weird way that sounds more plausible (?) to me, lol. It also could've played in story wise as to why his horns are cut/broken - as if the imprisoners tried to strip away his powers in an attempt to tame him as well as harvest them for their own selfish needs.

Wagram

So this game needs a free pass? And yet other WiiU titles on weaker hardware gets bashed by "poor graphics". oh man

You're criticizing a developer that has never been known for being a graphical powerhouse. Ico nor SOTC were powerhouses and are stylized like this. I mean you can if you want, but that seems silly to me.

Top Bottom