• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian - new screenshots and footage (IGN preview)

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Final-Fantasy-XV-Car-Meme-The-Last-Guardian-990x556.jpg

The-Last-Guardian-IGN-7.jpg

I like that screen a lot for some reason, personally. Read a bit and watched a bit, but only partially.

The one thing I find interesting I didn't know before, minor opening spoilers,
how the game has a narration from the boy as an adult years later telling the story. Didn't see that coming, especially as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus lack dialogue, a lot of the time.

woah.... hype!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
every person that ever commented positive or negative on this game since it was teased years ago better buy this game and show Sony they made the right decision.

its finally coming out - all you people can talk the talk, you better walk the walk now. put your money where your mouth is and support this game.

You know... all this endless delay working on a console with good hardware, and they will just bring a port. What they were doing all this time?

This game is built entirely around a giant AI creature. That's where a lot of the system resources are going to. They're one of the very few developers that are actually trying to push AI forward. How many game developers this generation have even mentioned AI as a big part of their game? It's the one element that advances the least generation after generation.

orochi91

You know... all this endless delay working on a console with good hardware, and they will just bring a port. What they were doing all this time?

Trico's AI and animations were the main obstacles.

They couldn't get it to work on the PS3, hence the late transition to PS4.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Looks like shit graphically. Still hyped AF.

Elios83

So this game needs a free pass? And yet other WiiU titles on weaker hardware gets bashed by "poor graphics". oh man

OH please stop.
What an irrelevant comparison.
This game was born on PS3 and no one has ever tried to mask it or deny it.
They weren't going to remake everything from scratch, it's already a lot if it wasn't cancelled considering all the troubles they got during the PS3 era.
Also it still looks beautiful in terms of art, atmoshpere, animations, the AI of the creature.
And this is what matters (among with a great game design of course). It's obvious that on the technical side this is no Uncharted 4 but who cares?

Oh trust me. I'm not expecting anything on the level of Uncharted or what they'll give Horizon. Definitely something modest. It'll get time at E3, previews like this and videos here and there and that's it.
Yup they're doing a good job with edge and ign. So an e3 date of august or early September would be perfect

Dat AI man, it's probably the most complicated thing to get right, specially for a game like that relies a lot on Trico to follow your directions. If they don't work right, I could already see people being pissed about the game.

AdanVC

Looks amazing! Reminds me of Zelda Wind Waker for some reason. Animations and lighting looks fantastic. Like an animated movie.

The God

I hold the mirror out, focusing the green beam that shoots forth on a blockage up ahead, and red lightning explodes from Trico’s tail, striking the boulders and shattering them.

The battle armour, the wounds – I’d assumed a grim past for Trico, but is he actually a weapon that the holder of the mirror wields? Is this the reason for his fearsome reputation? After all, the legend of the beast my character has heard “many times from the elder” seems at odds with what I know of him. Up to this point he has been quite timid, with hints of playfulness.

Hype. Boss battles (assuming they're in) could be really special if we're using Trico as a weapon.

This is going to be the most "special" game of the year. I need to commemorate the experience somehow when its released. Fucking play only at night when its pitch black, blast my 5.1, have some sick eats, the whole shebang.

Ueda gun be influencing a whole new gen of developers.

Gamespawn

What I HOPE is going to happen is they have it on stage @E3 and announce "...and you can now preorder The Last Guardian on PSN and those that do get a brand new TLG dynamic theme! Oh yeah, and the demo is available....NOW!"

Please Sony!?

What I HOPE is going to happen is they have it on stage @E3 and announce "...and you can now preorder The Last Guardian on PSN and those that do get a brand new TLG dynamic theme! Oh yeah, and the demo is available....NOW!"

Please Sony!?

This needs to happen now...

LordCanti

Woke up to a surprise Edge article this morning and was happy with that, and now there's a full IGN article and a video with new footage and an Ueda interview. It's like Christmas in May.

With the most media coverage in years all coming today, I have to think we're getting a solid release date at E3. A man can dream.

We'll never have to say "There's always TGS" ever again

Gurish

looks like a straight up port. cant believe this is what they can do with ps4 hardware

But it is a straight up port, with better res, lighting improvements, better looking feathers and physics, it's basically a remastered version of the PS3 game, it's not like they worked on it all those years either, it was in a dormant state for some time.
So yea it's the same game at its core, I thought we knew that after the re-reveal, why are people still suprised?

It still looking great in motion, animations are wonderful and that beast seems like the main thing that the PS3 couldn't handle, it's probably the most impressive creature seen in videogames, it feels so authentic.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
A port implies that it could actually run on the ps3. Have you heard nothing about what they're doing with the AI of Trico?

Boke1879

This is going to be the most "special" game of the year. I need to commemorate the experience somehow when its released. Fucking play only at night when its pitch black, blast my 5.1, have some sick eats, the whole shebang.

Ueda gun be influencing a whole new gen of developers.

I need them to reveal some sort of collectors edition.

ironcreed

Banned
But it is a straight up port, with better res, lighting improvements, better looking feathers and physics, it's basically a remastered version of the PS3 game, it's not like they worked on it all those years either, it was in a dormant state for some time.
So yea it's the same game at its core, I thought we knew that after the re-reveal, why are people still suprised?

It still looking great in motion, animations are wonderful and that beast seems like the main thing that the PS3 couldn't handle, it's probably the most impressive creature seen in videogames, it feels so authentic.

Indeed. People are forgetting that this was a PS3 game. They added some bells and whistles with the lighting and such and had the extra power to finish what the PS3 could not handle.

Please Sony!?

That all seems possible with the exception of the demo. Don't expect that to happen at all.

The dynamic theme for the game should be very obvious

lastguardian02v2aii.jpg

Top Bottom