• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian - new screenshots and footage (IGN preview)

Portugeezer

Gold Member
But how will I play Final..

giphy.gif

Good problems to have. This generation is in full stride.

This game is built entirely around a giant AI creature. That's where a lot of the system resources are going to. They're one of the very few developers that are actually trying to push AI forward. How many game developers this generation have even mentioned AI as a big part of their game? It's the one element that advances the least generation after generation.

The Alien in Alien Isolation was quite frightening and a little bit too sentient as an AI. I loved it!

This game looks like shit. I refuse to support a game that LITERALLY looks like a PS1 title shat out at the end of the generation. Like Mary Kate and Ashley looks better than this.

It looks like one of those digital only titles that should be sold for ten bucks.

Ugh, and people will support this!??!

Gaming is dead.

jmaine_ph

This game looks like shit. I refuse to support a game that LITERALLY looks like a PS1 title shat out at the end of the generation. Like Mary Kate and Ashley looks better than this.

It looks like one of those digital only titles that should be sold for ten bucks.

Gaming is dead.
7.3/10

holy fuck these impressions.

>___>

I should have media blackout. Fucking hard to do for a game you've been waiting half your life for. lol

We really are The Last Guardian, Y2Kev

RedSwirl

Looks good for what I was expecting.

The final game is probably going to look like a game that spent most of its development time on the PS3 and then was upgraded to the PS4. Also, I have a distinct feeling some Japanese PS4 games are going to have levels of aliasing a lot of people won't like. That just seems to be aesthetic and technical choice some of those developers have chosen.

Grim-Reality

Neo Member
I feel like those complaining about the graphics didn't play Ico or SotC or they completely missed the point of what Ueda was trying to accomplish with those games, and this one for that matter. I mean complaining about the graphics of a team Ico game...really?

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW, BUT I WONT WATCH ANY FOOTAGE! THANK YOU SHU!!!!
Same here. I'll gladly look at some gorgeous screens but nothing more. Only footage I want to see is whatever they show at E3 then I'm done until release. I've been waiting so long for this game.

Mifune

Mehmber
I feel like those complaining about the graphics didn't play Ico or SotC or they completely missed the point of what Ueda was trying to accomplish with those games, and this one for that matter. I mean complaining about the graphics of a team Ico game...really?

Seriously. ICO was barely above the level of a PS1 game technically but I don't remember anyone complaining about that at the time. How far we've fallen.

MilkBeard

Gaming is dead.

This about sums up all the "this game looks like shit" posts.

Game looks good. Not perfect, but good.

ClearData

Gaming is dead.

Joke post?

Shin-Ra

Sounds brilliant, they'd better get their AA situation sorted with all the foliage, character outlines and high intensity specular highlights though. Shadows look very well defined, nice surprise there.

Ideally SIE'd have a crack team of temporal reprojection implementers, catering to the unique requirements of different rendering setups!

I really want to watch the video, but I'm going to hold back this time. I'm itching to play through the Ueda collection again to help with my semi-blackout.

Gaming is dead.
did you watch the video? I don't understand what all this visual stuff is about... Am I watching something different here? It looks amazing, are people just going off that crapoy screenshot?

Like are you guys fans of this series because they have never been technically brilliant but very artsy with a focus on animation.

Every game has to look like Uncharted and Horizon now?

Hey, what's the record for number of times a game has appeared at E3 before its release?

I'd have to think The Last Guardian or maybe a Zelda game has the record.

Grim-Reality

Neo Member
Seriously. ICO was barely above the level of a PS1 game technically but I don't remember anyone complaining about that at the time. How far we've fallen.

Exactly. Also due to how highly stylised the games are they've aged better than alot of games that tried to push the graphical envelope at the time. I recently did another playthrough of Ico and the game still looks beautiful despite not being a graphical powerhouse.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Hey, what's the record for number of times a game has appeared at E3 before its release?

I'd have to think The Last Guardian or maybe a Zelda game has the record.
TLG has only appeared twice at E3. 2009 and 2015.

Top Bottom