• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda WW HD PICTURES Thread - take selfies sailing the Great Sea

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This is the only game that's garnered my interest on the Wii U thus far, even though I've played it to death.

Now, I'm assuming this runs in at least 720p, right? Maybe even 1080, but all these screenshots seem rather small, which is a shame.

Someone with a capture card should play and post some shots :)
Runs in native 1080. Screen shots captured are 480 though. It's the gamepads resolution.

D-e-f-

Banned
This is the only game that's garnered my interest on the Wii U thus far, even though I've played it to death.

Now, I'm assuming this runs in at least 720p, right? Maybe even 1080, but all these screenshots seem rather small, which is a shame.

You know, you could look at the OT to find all the info you need. It's native 1080p.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677797

You know, you could look at the OT to find all the info you need. It's native 1080p.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677797
The actual number didn't matter, other than the screenshots being below HD, which is what I found curious. It looks wonderful and I'm thinking about hitting up the only person I know with a Wii U to see if I can at least capture some 1080p footage with my capture device and grab screens from that because it feels like these tiny screens aren't doing it justice.

D-e-f-

Banned
The actual number didn't matter, other than the screenshots being below HD, which is what I found curious. It looks wonderful and I'm thinking about hitting up the only person I know with a Wii U to see if I can at least capture some 1080p footage with my capture device and grab screens from that because it feels like these tiny screens aren't doing it justice.

There's 1080p video on youtube.

Fandangox

I've been meaning to ask; where or who do i get those statues? :0?

Sorry for the late response. Once you get Town] flower from Zunari you have to trade it around with the merchants that are in three different islands.
They are in Mother and Child Island, Greatfish Isle, and Bomb Island.

Also some more (spoilery) pics.

zlCfzRI3e6k_6yB1g7

zlCfzRI3iKoyuKnwSQ

zlCfzRI3rR4GL6tsHT

Neiteio

It runs in native 1080p. The screens are at the GamePad's resolution, hence their size, but on the TV it is native 1080p.

Cool, I assume 1080/720 simply because it was called HD. I'm just disappointed that the screenshots aren't HD. I'm sure there is plenty of video on YouTube, but that's not what this thread is about - it's about PICTURES of an HD game :)

Haven't heard back from my friend yet, but it's also early-ish on the Sunday before we all return to school for another quarter. Will see if I can contribute full 1080p screens down the road.

D-e-f-

Banned
Cool, I assume 1080/720 simply because it was called HD. I'm just disappointed that the screenshots aren't HD. I'm sure there is plenty of video on YouTube, but that's not what this thread is about - it's about PICTURES of an HD game :)

Haven't heard back from my friend yet, but it's also early-ish on the Sunday before we all return to school for another quarter. Will see if I can contribute full 1080p screens down the road.

That's because all the screenshots you take on Wii U are always at GamePad resolution.

zroid

Banned
I think someone earlier was posting direct feed screens. Page back a few and you'll find' em.

edit: unless it was a different thread. (yeah it might've been the OT)

Beat the game a couple nights ago.

zlCfzRI3TAsklLUGPE

Game looks awesome all the way through.

Also, this is me if Nintendo, somehow, someway gave Majora's Mask a full HD remake in a dark Wind Waker style:

zlCfzRI23FopYls5DA

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Who needs a new top-down Zelda game when you have Wind Waker?

zlCfzRIu23MDHH_ogP

Also, some fun scenic shots of this bloody gorgeous game:

zlCfzRIu6FgvEGTj46

zlCfzRI73So3Cbn-4V

zlCfzRIu0TcabaIBxw

zlCfzRIuv5MJNBLaNc

zroid

Banned
GUYS

if you missed the news, with the new update, you can upload your screen captures directly to image hosts instead of Miiverse. And the best part? They upload in HD.

GIMME YO 720p SCREENS

antonz

They aren't allowing full 1080P it downsizes them to 720P but we can at least now pick gamepad shot at 480P or TV at 720P

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01dns7u.jpg

jVc4EvMK987fs.jpg

You can't tell in the pic but the water level is rapidly falling and rising. The island's and Link's shadow on the water as he runs looks very cool for some reason.

Tumo

Can't stop taking photos, wife is complaining about the constant Wii U home button noise...

Sunset on the Ocean

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ses4f.jpg

Blue Water in Games

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01wbk1y.jpg

Lake of Fire

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01fjkk0.jpg

Smoking Isle

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01q9swp.jpg

The Deep Navy Blue

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01cvst4.jpg

Only I have the power to control the wind!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01a9scz.jpg

Jus y'know, boat stuff

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01sykk7.jpg

Windfall by Night

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01npkbn.jpg

Bonus: Stretch Armstrong

wiiu_screenshot_tv_013useu.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ibjuCdHKzwnocq.jpg

I'm too absorbed in playing to take many screenshots, but maybe after this round I'll take some more on a second playthrough.

Kater

Banned
Can't stop taking photos, wife is complaining about the constant Wii U home button noise...

Sunset on the Ocean

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ses4f.jpg

Blue Water in Games

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01wbk1y.jpg

Lake of Fire

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01fjkk0.jpg

Smoking Isle

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01q9swp.jpg

The Deep Navy Blue

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01cvst4.jpg

Only I have the power to control the wind!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01a9scz.jpg

Jus y'know, boat stuff

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01sykk7.jpg

Windfall by Night

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01npkbn.jpg

Bonus: Stretch Armstrong

wiiu_screenshot_tv_013useu.jpg

Those are amazing! :)

sca2511

Is the game a bit blurry everywhere you go? I know of the outside bloom, but some of the indoor pictures I'm seeing here are a tad blurry.

D-e-f-

Banned
hpscv.jpg

♪Hands in the air / Drinks everywhere / Me an' the crew / Doin' what we do♪
Is the game a bit blurry everywhere you go? I know of the outside bloom, but some of the indoor pictures I'm seeing here are a tad blurry.

jpg compression + potential filehoster compression. there's no blurriness in the game.

Tumo

I need to get on the 720p train. What image host do ya'll recommend?

abload.de - I always saw people use it on Gaf but never did myself before Wind Waker. It takes a little figuring out as it's in German (Google translate the page).

Set it up and make an account on your PC, then login on Wii U and you can upload really easily from the gamepad. Go back on the PC and all your photos will be on your account and you can easily get the direct links to post the amazing shots back here!

Ask if you need help with any of it :)

Timeaisis

It's just image compression. Most file hosts aren't 720p+, and Miiverse certainly is not. It does not look blurry at all in-game.

Tumo

Tonight's photos:

Telescope Buddies

wiiu_screenshot_tv_013yafv.jpg

Not a telescope buddy

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01csb7f.jpg

Hello Old Friend

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ocs8e.jpg

Got my sub

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01uej9m.jpg

"Dude there were these mushrooms in the cave and the cave and..."

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xis8i.jpg

Perfection

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01b8sp6.jpg

The full spectrum

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01sxsu2.jpg

This is how much I love Hero Mode

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ivjot.jpg

ThankeeSai

Some pics from tonights session -

OUTBID, MOTHERFUCKER.

ibyuCfMEjqnzI4.jpg

Oooooh...Pretty

ibqWqPXAvZPRpM.jpg

Run, Link! RUN!

ibhwMSRmTpc2Uz.jpg

SOLD!! For 250 Rupees :)

ipTg4XG63UqPo.jpg

Mmmmm...Stormy

iRE2uELlYaprO.jpg

The_Lump

Banned
Just got the Deluxe Picto Box and the Tingle Bottle feature, so now I've been blindly jumping into the ocean every time I see a bottle. I'll need to take a picture of that, too. :)

You can just sail into the bottles, no need to get wet ;)

I've been sending so many selfies out to sea, I'm getting distracted from saving whatsherface.

Hey Grandma,

I'm having an awesome time out here saving poor defenceless Aryl from certain death. Loving life right now, meeting some great people! I've even made a new friend, Pigsy. Pigsy has promised to help me rescue your only granddaughter, Aryl, from a likely gruesome and painful demise - just as soon as I've finished teaching him how to water ski with my rad new boat. He said he knows a great place to learn, near his buddy G-Dorf's house. G-Dorf is gonna let us use his ski's if we help him recover some 'shards' or something, iunno. I'll let you know how it goes. Exciting!

Peace out,
Linky

zlCfzRJj--cES5DnZ4

Me and pigsy. BFFs! #yolo

Top Bottom