• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE MUSIC DRAFT - DRAFTING THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
muttyeah416 said:
So is this going be an elimination bracket through voting? I can't wait for the arguments that will ensue with polarizing artists i.e. Oasis vs. Blur.

The drafting so far has been really fun, but I do wish it went quicker, and we should've had a randomized draft order like fantasy sports. This first come first serve mentality is pretty cutthroat, but it's not a big deal. You stole my pick with your first round GRR

That is what I was thinking of unless I think of an alternate way. If we get one more person to sign up, we could set up NCAA brackets. Maybe we can do a double elimination bracket too.

First come, first serve is a lot of fun though and sort of makes it fair because everyone should be allowed to have the first pick at the start of the draft and plus if someone isn't around, we would be waiting around for them to be by their computers. A day gives everyone a chance to vote in the round.

I am looking through my massive list of records I want and I guess it is up to you guys, but maybe we can extend it so that you can have 15 picks but do rounds 11 through 15 on Day 11 and make it rapid fire where everyone gets a pick once every half hour or something like that.

AlternativeUlster

Wes said:
I couldn't even name you 10 albums off the top of my head. This stuff is hard for me!

What are you talking about? You some of the best records chosen so far. I can imagine someone like you listening to tons of music.

Wes

venison crêpe
AlternativeUlster said:
What are you talking about? You some of the best records chosen so far. I can imagine someone like you listening to tons of music.

I listen to singles, mixtapes or DJ sets. Hardly ever albums! The ones everyones been going on about so far saying "oh I was going to pick that" etc, I've never even heard of!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
10 albums seems right to me. The last few picks will be tough considering all the people in the tournament.

Eric WK

Should be an interesting round for sure. I have two or three albums I'm debating picking and I'm almost positive the ones I don't pick won't be around long.

AlternativeUlster

Eric WK said:
Should be an interesting round for sure. I have two or three albums I'm debating picking and I'm almost positive the ones I don't pick won't be around long.

Oh yeah me too. I have three that I have in the running for this round and all of them I thought would be taken during the first round. Like some bands I am completely surprised they haven't received any recognition even.

After this round, I am going to start making a 5 list write up for every round of albums that will probably be overlooked during the round. I think I am going to do write-ups of great records that have been picked too.

Kevtones

I rounded up all the selections thus far and got them into alphabetical order. I figure it'll be easier to look through as the list grows and grows. I'll continue to update before each drafting period.

At the Drive In - Relationship of Command
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
The Beatles - Abbey Road
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper
The Beatles - White Album
The Birthday Party - Prayers on Fire
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
Brian Eno - Another Green World
Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain
Brian Wilson - Smile
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica
Catherine Wheel - Adam & Eve
The Clash - London Calling
Daft Punk - Discovery
David Bowie - Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Joy Division - Closer
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Justice - Cross
Led Zepplin - Led Zepplin IV
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Metallica - The Black Album
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Miles Davis - A Kind of Blue
Muse - Black Holes and Reveations
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Nas - Illmatic
The National - Alligator
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Palace Music - Lost Blue and Other Songs
Paul Simon - Graceland
Pixies - Come On Pilgrim
Pixies - Doolittle
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Radiohead - The Bends
Radiohead - Ok Computer
Rolling Stones - Exile on Main St.
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Talking Heads - Remain in Light
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
U2 - War
Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground
Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

AlternativeUlster

I Push Fat Kids said:
I rounded up all the selections thus far and got them into alphabetical order. I figure it'll be easier to look through as the list grows and grows. I'll continue to update before each drafting period.

At the Drive In - Relationship of Command
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
The Beatles - Abbey Road
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper
The Beatles - White Album
The Birthday Party - Prayers on Fire
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
Brian Eno - Another Green World
Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain
Brian Wilson - Smile
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica
Catherine Wheel - Adam & Eve
The Clash - London Calling
Daft Punk - Discovery
David Bowie - Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Joy Division - Closer
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Justice - Cross
Led Zepplin - Led Zepplin IV
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Metallica - The Black Album
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Miles Davis - A Kind of Blue
Muse - Black Holes and Reveations
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Nas - Illmatic
The National - Alligator
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Palace Music - Lost Blue and Other Songs
Paul Simon - Graceland
Pixies - Come On Pilgrim
Pixies - Doolittle
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Radiohead - The Bends
Radiohead - Ok Computer
Rolling Stones - Exile on Main St.
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Talking Heads - Remain in Light
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
U2 - War
Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground
Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Thanks man. I will update the OP.

Kevtones

AlternativeUlster said:
Thanks man. I will update the OP.

Cool, I'd keep the other person-specific list up but I think posting an updated list before each round would be good for people as a refresher.

Cyan

Banned
AlternativeUlster said:
Oh yeah me too. I have three that I have in the running for this round and all of them I thought would be taken during the first round.
Hmm. I have two possible picks that I'd have thought would be snapped up in the first. I wonder if we overlap.

AlternativeUlster

I Push Fat Kids said:
Cool, I'd keep the other person-specific list up but I think posting an updated list before each round would be good for people as a refresher.

Alphabetical will be in the OP and Everyone's picks will be in the 2nd post. Rock n Roll.

AlternativeUlster

I Push Fat Kids said:
It is way too tempting to go Mel Kiper on this deal and create a 'Top Record Available' list :lol

:lol I was thinking about doing that but then that wouldn't mesh well with the people.

Cyan

Banned
I Push Fat Kids said:
It is way too tempting to go Mel Kiper on this deal and create a 'Top Record Available' list :lol
:lol

Man, I'd be screwed. I'd look at your list, and then look at mine, and not be able to decide what to do.

Karma Kramer said:
anyone see that?
Ayup.

Don't worry, I won't tell. ;)

AlternativeUlster

Karma Kramer said:
fuck

I thought it was midnight on east coast lol

anyone see that?

Sorry I missed your pick. Damn it. I want to know now. All I know is that it better not be my pick. Oh well, I have like 2 back-ups if that falls through.

Kevtones

Cyan said:
:lol

Man, I'd be screwed. I'd look at your list, and then look at mine, and not be able to decide what to do.

Mine would be something like 1. Deerhunter 2. Talk Talk 3. The Beatles 4. Joey Harrington Piano Solos... It wouldn't be that surprising :D (Note this doesn't reflect my draft board)

Also Karma, I didn't see but I wouldn't doubt us being in an overlap/internet war about 50 minutes from now...

Meliorism

Man, now I'm starting to think that the album I'm gonna pick tonight might be picked before I have a chance. Guess I gotta be fast.

Meliorism

AlternativeUlster said:
I forgot there are like 3 Beatles records still out there. I didn't even take that into account.

Revolver and Rubber Soul might be picked, but what is the other one you're thinking of?

Magical Mystery Tour?

AlternativeUlster

Nihilism said:
Revolver and Rubber Soul might be picked, but what is the other one you're thinking of?

Magical Mystery Tour?

Let it be or was that picked? Revolver just got picked though. Good job Mason.

AlternativeUlster

Karma Kramer said:
HINT I will not select any album by any artist already mentioned in this thread HINT

HINT I will not also select an artist not made mention yet and doesn't start with P and end with AVEMENT HINT

Kevtones

Karma Kramer said:
HINT I will not select any album by any artist already mentioned in this thread HINT

Ditto.

HINT My pick won't be Richard J related HINT
HINT My pick will be from the 90s HINT

HINT

osan91.gif

90drhu.png

bi81hu.gif

HINT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom