• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE MUSIC DRAFT - DRAFTING THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

Muttyeah, both you and Karma have taken two of my top 10 choices :lol

Original list:

1. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
2. Radiohead - Ok Computer
3. DJ Shadow - Entroducing

8. Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byurjun

My next three picks are actually from the 90s... unless a certain already mentioned/not picked record is still available come round 5...

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Karma Kramer said:
THRILLER WATCH OUT EVERYBODY! THRILLER THRILLER THRILLER

Thriller has been already picked dude. Also if the very obvious pick that should have been picked in the first round doesn't get picked this round, I might take it even though I like tons more records than it but appreciate it a lot more in my elder years than when I should when I was a kid.

AlternativeUlster said:
Thriller has been already picked dude. Also if the very obvious pick that should have been picked in the first round doesn't get picked this round, I might take it even though I like tons more records than it but appreciate it a lot more in my elder years than when I should when I was a kid.

oh really... should have known haha

I don't remember anyone picking it.. but thats what shot to my mind when you said 80's

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Karma Kramer said:
oh really... should have known haha

I don't remember anyone picking it.. but thats what shot to my mind when you said 80's

What's funny is even on my giant list of great albums, it wasn't even on there. I just sort of forgot about the album. :lol

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
AlternativeUlster said:
Hmmmm....judging by your tastes, could it be Arcade Fire's Funeral? Haha, ok, don't say it.
Nope but close, it came out in 2001--that's all I'm saying. ;)

Kevtones

AlternativeUlster said:
Don't doubt it, love it. Cherish it. Believe in it. I am sure it is quite a magical pick. Also, 10 more minutes dudezzzzzzz!!!!

I'm listening to it right now actually :lol

7 MINUTES

I Push Fat Kids said:
I'm listening to it right now actually :lol

7 MINUTES
I have three picks all pre-80s that have potential of being taken this round EEK

i'm probably picking the one i'm listening to now :D

mhtrtc.jpg

Boards of Canada - Music has the Right to Children (Warp, 1998)

I Push Fat Kids said:
OH SHIT ERIC GOT SERVED

Ulster I so guessed it :lol YOU TOOK MY SIXTH PICK

AND KARMA YOU TOOK MY FIFTH PICK

;)

I swear we must have pretty identical tastes though I am not a Portishead fan...

Kevtones

Karma Kramer said:
;)

I swear we must have pretty identical tastes though I am not a Portishead fan...

I love the record but I'd say it doesn't break my Top 20, maybe 30.

Music Has the Right is in my Top 10 easy though.

Meliorism

I did!

I fucking set a timer on my phone for a minute, so when my computer hit 10:59 (CST), I hit set, but I posted when the timer hit 2 secs remanining, and I underestimated my internet connection.

So I fucking jumped the gun by 2 secs, I guess.

And you're the person I was afraid of!

So many picks in the third that are so fucking awesome.

But so far, my round 4 is still good.

I Push Fat Kids said:
I love the record but I'd say it doesn't break my Top 20, maybe 30.

Music Has the Right is in my Top 10 easy though.
Yeah same here.

So far these have been taken from me:

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right To Children
Brian Eno - Another Green World
Pixies - Doolittle
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Not saying these are my top ten, but they are certainly contenders. But because this is a draft, I'm sure everyone will be pulling out some gems in the later rounds.

Karakand

Please stop posting album covers. This isn't a music thread where you need to do something to have your post read. Trust me, people are reading your posts.

Kevtones

muttyeah416 said:
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Brian Eno - Another Green World

I totally zoned these making my initial list. NMH should've been top 5 for me.

Nihilism said:
And you're the person I was afraid of!

It was my 12th choice, although I was listening to it today and considered taking it tonight on a whim. And you're right, KILLER round so far.

Cyan

Banned
Eric WK said:
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

FUCKING KIDDING MEEEEEE

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
Also, don't forget you shouldn't edit. Your second choice was one of the ones I was wavering over, so we might've had to resort to fisticuffs.

Karakand said:
Please stop posting album covers. This isn't a music thread where you need to do something to have your post read. Trust me, people are reading your posts.

eh? I think the album art is important, especially cause it helps you identify the album better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom