• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

poweld

Wonder if I need coffee...

And I said I was gonna make up for my lack of sleep from last night. What a chump I am..

I hope it's not PST... the countdown on castlecrashers.com was counting down to midnight EST... so that's what I was staying up for.

Edit:

We just keep staring at the clock waiting for it to reach 12AM. Even though the game won’t be out until 1AM, or 2AM, or some other time. In the past week I’ve heard about 300 different time slots from just about everyone so I don’t even know anymore.

;_;

Teknoman

big_z said:
wont be up for at least another 2-2.5 hours. microsoft goes by pacific time.

But...the count down... 50 something minutes...

EDIT: Wait, I think its counting down to midnight for everyone. Im CST, its 11:07pm here and it says 51 minutes.

Teknoman said:

EDIT: Wait, I think its counting down to midnight for everyone. Im CST, its 11:07pm here and it says 51 minutes.

Yes, sadly I just figured this out, as my countdown reach 0 8 minutes ago, but no game. To think, I could have been in bed all of that time ;)

big_z

Teknoman said:

the countdown goes by whatever your pc clock is.... on mine it still says 2 hours and i live in alberta. every xbla release has gone out on pst time.

Sean

Banned
Was just reminded I have to be somewhere tomorrow morning all day, so can't stay up to download Castle Crashers. Won't be able to play this until like 4 PM.

DAMNIT! :(

Teknoman

Bleh...im just gonna do my HW and hit the hay. Wake up like at 6am and download the game. It probably wont arrive till like 3-4am where I am anyway.

Mar

How does the leveling and unlocking system work? Is it tied to your character and you can start from scratch with the same experience and weapons? Or is it reset after every game?

Stryder

Mar_ said:
How does the leveling and unlocking system work? Is it tied to your character and you can start from scratch with the same experience and weapons? Or is it reset after every game?
I'd like to know this as well, as I will probably be jumping on a little later after my friends do. Will I have to catch up with them?

futnownarcade said:
So the true countdown clock is set to PST, but will it actually go up on Xbox Live at that time exactly?

It's not set to PST. It's set to your computer's clock, or maybe ISP? It was set to EST for me.

Teknoman

Im gonna say it sticks to that character alone. The weapons probably unlock for everyone, but level ups and stats are only for the character you were playing as. It doesnt reset...to my knowledge anyway.

Stryder

ugh the boot said:
So no one has this yet? Not looking good for us Aussies then either.
In Australia the new XBL games of the week usually hit at around 5pm, but sometimes they are later.

Daigoro

alright yo. its time to get real.

im heating up the oven for some tater tots. cracking another beer and digging in to some Galaga Legions.

lets do this.

God damn you fucking deceptive countdown timer. I was SO ready to play this 15 minutes ago. I swear to christ I will never buy another The Behemoth game (until Castle Crashers comes out in 2 hours).

TekunoRobby said:
I'll be crashing castles tomorrow after work tomorrow!

Might sneak in a game before I leave though. ;)
Same here. I'll be getting up an hour early just to check CC out before work. Plus it'll give me something to talk about here inbetween naps on the job.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!

Penguin

Okay this may be a dumb question, but my friend is short a few MS points to buy the game. Wanted to gift him some.

I know its possible but how?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
If any WEST COST Gaf members wanna form a team to play at around ~9PM weekday evenings... shoot me an invite, PM, whatever. I'M FORMING A CREW. GT ErrorJustin.

You don't need to be on the west coast, but you need to be avail. at 8-9PM PST.

Spruchy

GDJustin said:
If any WEST COST Gaf members wanna form a team to play at around ~9PM weekday evenings... shoot me an invite, PM, whatever. I'M FORMING A CREW. GT ErrorJustin.

You don't need to be on the west coast, but you need to be avail. at 8-9PM PST.

I'll be onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
fallling..... asleep...... must stay..... awake...

senahorse

Penguin said:
So no one knows how to gift points?
Is it no longer possible?

I believe it was only tested in the US but just for a short time. This feature is long overdue, I can't for the life of me understand why MS haven't implemented it yet.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Penguin said:
So no one knows how to gift points?
Is it no longer possible?

I may be completely off base, but I believe it's done at the xbox site, and not on the 360.

Never done it before, so I can't say much more than that, if I'm right at all to begin with.

Penguin

x3n05 said:
I believe it was only tested in the US but just for a short time. This feature is long overdue, I can't for the life of me understand why MS haven't implemented it yet.

So seems to be the case

No one happens to have any spare 100 point cards or codes or anything right?

Just want to make sure he is ready to go in the morning. :lol

Top Bottom