• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

poweld

Too excited for this, maybe. Anyway, I'm new in Boston, and don't have enough people I could round up to play locally.

Anyone else LFG? Post or PM me :)

Wizpig

I should have a 3 friends group for tomorrow, but if for some reason they ditch me, i'll be inviting folks from GAFCrashers :D

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Less than a day to go! I'll either pull myself out of bed extra early, or stay up all night. That newer Destructoid footage looks great, love the music.

I'm not usually into side scrollers, but this one totally piqued my interest. Epic OP certainly helped. 1200 points ready and waiting.

GT HouseofOrange. I'll be playing with people locally at first -that is an option... right???- but I'll be up for online co-op at some point.

Now, how to pass the time till launch? Dissociative fugue state GO!

I have school tomorrow until 2:15 which isn't bad. Have the rest of the day to be a waste of life and play this game with some friends :D

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Revengeance said:
:)

Local multiplayer is completely underrated, and you can't take it for granted anymore.
Local >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Online for me.

If this has four-player local this could be a weekend game for all times.

poweld

Yeesh, I hope I'm correct. I suppose I was going off of assumption that a multiplayer beat-em-up must be providing a local solution if it is providing an online based one.

Having worked on small online multiplayer game, the work to provide both on and offline functionality was fairly simple- online play was just like local play with the host emulating the online players as local ones.

I'd be astounded if there was no local multiplayer support :p

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
poweld said:
Yeesh, I hope I'm correct. I suppose I was going off of assumption that a multiplayer beat-em-up must be providing a local solution if it is providing an online based one.

Having worked on small online multiplayer game, the work to provide both on and offline functionality was fairly simple- online play was just like local play with the host emulating the online players as local ones.

I'd be astounded if there was no local multiplayer support :p

the destructoid video is 3 people in the same room ;)

Oneself

After 2 RRODs, I sold my 3rd 360 and it died in the hands of the new owner 5 months later.

But I wish I had one right now just for Castle Crashers. Damn you Microsoft's exclusivity.
:(

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
anyone know more about arena mode?

Below Excites me
Multiplayer Modes

How many multiplayer modes are there?
Aside from Cooperative play through the singleplayer campaign, Castle Crashers offers 5 multiplayer modes for players to test their skill against one another.
This video shows them LINK

1. Arena
Players fight using a character and all his magic. It is a free for all to the death. All magic and skills is available.

2. Bow and Arrows Mode
Players are given only a bow. The strategy in this game is to collect powerups that appear on the map, such as movement/shooting speed. One would assume the payer with the powerups has the upper hand.

3. Treasure Hunt Mode
Each player carries a shovel and must find the most treasure before the time limit runs out.

4. Chicken Chaser Mode
Players are given no weapons, but they can catch and eat chickens to enter beefy mode. The character can then wail on others for 10 seconds.

5. All You Can Quaff
There is a mini game called All You Can Quaff (AYCQ). This is a wild button mashing game where characters race to see who can eat their food the fastest.
Here is a video.

Gowans

Guess the website is set to EST, just nearly had a heart attack as the countdown ends at midnight GMT (just under four hours) for me.

9am tomorrow i'll have finished a chunk of work and be checking live like crazy.

Gowans

Wario64 said:
Does this game have unlimited continues?

what I guessed from the destructiod video is that you all have one life but if your playing multiplayer as long as one of your team survive the level you'll come back to life at the beginning of the next stage.

2DMention

Banned
As of 2 days ago, GAF Crashers still hasn't added me. (Live was down last night) Tag = Beefy Hits.

Should I send a request to GAF Crashers 2?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Anyone wanna set up a 4-man team, where we pledge to not leave each other behind?

It's not like we can, you know, NEVER play without each other... we just want to make an effort to get through the game together, as a team.

Game time would be ~ 9PM PST, or midnight EST. Weeknights, until the game is beaten.

Anyone interested? My GamerTag is ErrorJustin. Lets crash castles together!

2DMention

Banned
GDJustin said:
Anyone wanna set up a 4-man team, where we pledge to not leave each other behind?

It's not like we can, you know, NEVER play without each other... we just want to make an effort to get through the game together, as a team.

Game time would be ~ 9PM PST, or midnight EST. Weeknights, until the game is beaten.

I'd go for it, but that time doesn't work for me. How about 8pm CST?

Nester

2DMention said:
As of 2 days ago, GAF Crashers still hasn't added me. (Live was down last night) Tag = Beefy Hits.

Should I send a request to GAF Crashers 2?

I accepted invites last night, will check it again tonight when I get home or see if I can access it from my cell here at work.

EDIT: Just went through and accepted invites and it's at a full 100. Start sending requests to GAF Crashers 2

Curse Microsoft and their Wednesday releases. Why not Monday? I could've been crashing castles for 2 days now. =(

Oh well. It's almost here anyways. My points are ready.

Daigoro

whoo! just over 7 hours now, if all goes well. got my 1600 point card earlier today and im ready to Crash!

demo? we dont need no steenkin demo!

Who's with me?!

(new avater get!)

GDJustin said:

ill be around at 12am EST tonight, for as long as humanly possible.

Wed and Thurs night might be slightly earlier nights for me because i have to work early early in the AM. depends how addicted i am though.

GDJustin said:

Can we call it the sisterhood of the traveling pants? And hold each other when things get tough?

Wizpig

immagine2qt5.png

Finished Alien Hominid just in time for some Crashers goodness later today. :D

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Illuminati said:
Can we call it the sisterhood of the traveling pants? And hold each other when things get tough?

YES. Does this mean you want in? Sisterhood 2: Electric Bugaloo...

Top Bottom