• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Wizpig said:
Finished Alien Hominid just in time for some Crashers goodness later today. :D

Yay:

I'm 160/200 -

Killing Spree
Kill 1000 enemies during one game.
Acquired 3/28/2007

Perfect Fight
Defeat the Final Boss without using a continue.
Acquired 3/28/2007

Survivalist
Survive any challenge mode for 20 minutes.
Acquired 3/28/2007

City Destroyer
Destroy 25 buildings during one game.
Acquired 3/27/2007

Adult Alien
Complete Game on Medium Difficulty.
Acquired 3/27/2007

Expert Alien
Complete the Game on Hard Difficulty.
Acquired 3/27/2007

Hungry Yeti
Eat 50 KGB Agents with the Yeti.
Acquired

WMD
Reach 5000 Km in Super Soviet Missile Mastar.
Acquired 3/25/2007

Juvenile Alien
Complete the Game on Easy Difficulty.
Acquired 3/25/2007

Alien in Training
Complete Level 1-1 of the game.
Acquired 2/28/2007

Sumidor

I'll be definitely picking this up. I'll probably be up all night playing if anyone wants some company..

GT - TangoTango

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Illuminati said:
Unfortunately I am in EST so I cannot join the sisterhood at 9PM PST.

Man... I swear am I the only person that goes to bed at 2AM? Weaksauce!

I need a west coast crew to roll through Castle Crashers with!

Wizpig

FunkyMunkey said:
wait wait wait what's this about a 9pm pst release?
Don't ask me, Live Arcade games always come out when it's 11 AM here, and now it's 1.42 AM.
It's like - 8 hours, so i'm going to get some sleep now.

I doubt it will come out in 2-3 hours...

OMG, I just realised i'm capped and this is coming out tonight!! NoOoOoOOoO!! Might have to take HDD to a mate's place to download if he doesn't get it.

So with that character/weapon select screen in the OP, are all those characters/weapons unlocked from the start (the ones we have pics of)? I don't know if I want all those characters cuz unlocking all this stuff will be one of the best things about the game. That crazy bear with bloody paw print has to be one of the coolest characters i've ever seen and should have his own game!

Does anyone know what sort of movesets we get/unlock? I hope there are atleast 4-5 different combos cuz that's one huge problem i've had with beat-em-ups of old....not enough moves. I know you can level up in this game but do you get new moves/combos each time you level up or how does it work? Sorry I don't actually wanna read the OP cuz there seems to be so much info I don't want any spoilers so i'm just asking a couple of questions I don't really consider spoiler material.

poweld

Oh. Well, what an enormous letdown :'(
So does anyone know ~when XBLA games are put up? I've never actually waited for one...

Daigoro

i was able to DL the Geo Wars 2 demo (and presumably unlock the full game) just after 12AM est the day it was released. so im going on the assumption that i will be able to do the same with CC tonight. hopefully im not setting my hopes too high. we'll see for sure in about 4 hours.

*i just accepted the friend requests a few of you sent me. thanks guys.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
poweld said:
So does anyone know ~when XBLA games are put up? I've never actually waited for one...
5:00am EST is usually when XBLA games are released, but a few have come out earlier, around midnight.

Wizpig

poweld said:
As i said, game will be up in 8-9 hours.
Maybe before, if what Daigoro says is correct.

But that countdown is not to be trusted: mine says 99 days 99 hours etc., spinning at max speed like the whole site is going crazy.

Daigoro

Coin Return said:
5:00am EST is usually when XBLA games are released, but a few have come out earlier, around midnight.

fingers crossed.

the power of LOVE people! we can will this to happen.

suaveric

GDJustin said:
Man... I swear am I the only person that goes to bed at 2AM? Weaksauce!

I need a west coast crew to roll through Castle Crashers with!

i'd be up for it if you started an hour earlier. i can't go to bed much later than midnight central. so i'd be available from 10-12.

2DMention

Banned
I'm taking a Lunesta and going to bed @ 8:45pm and walking up at 4:45am to DL it and play it until I have to go to work @ 6am.

Might have trouble sleeping tho because they roofers are working upstairs.

Captain N

BenjaminBirdie said:
My CC clock ends at midnight too. But it might just be the flash they wrote, unspecific about time, just date.

either way..we better get some good co-op matches going tonight / tomorrow morning.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I just checked and it's not up on the UK Marketplace.

I've been able to download a couple of games early before because the banner ads are put up early, so might happen here.

Dartastic

So by the looks of this thread, people don't exactly know when it's coming out. Hrm. Regardless, I'm gonna stay up a bit late for this. :D

From the DevBlog

We just keep staring at the clock waiting for it to reach 12AM. Even though the game won’t be out until 1AM, or 2AM, or some other time. In the past week I’ve heard about 300 different time slots from just about everyone so I don’t even know anymore.

Sooooooooo, PLACE YOUR BETS.

winnarps

Well, do the Behemoth devs even know? Isn't it in the hands of MS at this point?

I'm praying that it pops up on XBLM early, like GW2 did.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
winnarps said:
Well, do the Behemoth devs even know? Isn't it in the hands of MS at this point?

I'm praying that it pops up on XBLM early, like GW2 did.
It is normally at 10AM BST, but some games have been up at 9AM. That's +5 EST and +8 PST.

Sanjuro

In this day and age of midnight releases for all sorts of media I'm still confused on the handling of XBLA and downloadable content not having the same treatment.

Teknoman

So im off work (finally) and find out i've got calculus homework. I guess I can go ahead and knock that out tonight...right? :lol

At the same time I still need to put the finishing touches on my Castle Crashers VS and co-op/Single player beat em up playlists.

EDIT: So are we can invite each other from the GAF crashers metatag right?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Well, I'm going to have a busy day at work today, and when I get home, Castle Crashers will be ready to play. Delicious.

soldat7

SanjuroTsubaki said:
In this day and age of midnight releases for all sorts of media I'm still confused on the handling of XBLA and downloadable content not having the same treatment.

That might actually increase sales by a bit.

Don't ask me how...I'm sleepy. :(

poweld

Sumidor said:
Any list of people who plan on playing it tonight going yet?

No, but if you look at the last 2 pages you'll find us brave souls who are going to try and wait for the unveiling :)

hope they do a midnight release, I'm staying up for this but hopefully not to long. GT is george21000

edit: I clicked on the link in the OP to add myself to the GAF CC list, hope it worked

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
sp0rsk said:
I will be awake, and waiting for friends to adventure with :(

Bingo.

So, as of right now, do we have GAFfers on duty checking the store every few minutes or what?

Top Bottom