• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

Exarchos said:
Choose wisely.

2mq25ap.png
jt2p6q.png
dfaadx.jpg
danke friend much appreciated

Teknoman

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Oh, I never expected that. I'm planning on playing all the way through several times with as many people as possible. :) Isn't everybody?

I know I am. Too much unlockable stuff (characters, weapons, power up via levels) not to. That and it might be nice to have some near lagless 4 player versus matches. Not many games out where you can do that in a lag free environment online.

Teknoman

Speaking of beat em ups (and old school games in general), what happened to Jaleco? They made some great games in the 8bit -16 bit days (the entire Rushing Beat/ Rival Turf series, Super E.D.F., Bases Loaded and more).

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Teknoman said:
Speaking of beat em ups (and old school games in general), what happened to Jaleco? They made some great games in the 8bit -16 bit days (the entire Rushing Beat/ Rival Turf series, Super E.D.F., Bases Loaded and more).

I loved their shit on the SNES :(

Nif

I'm hoping they start releasing character, weapon and animal orb information soon. I still want to know what the other characters look like. :)

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Does anybody else like the pixel status bars better than then new ones?

Gowans007 said:
I'm gona bet after rescuing them you can play as the Princesses
That'd be even better!

Nif said:
I'm hoping they start releasing character, weapon and animal orb information soon. I still want to know what the other characters look like. :)
Let them be secrets!

Gowans

Princess Skittles said:
Does anybody else like the pixel status bars better than then new ones?

I did really like the look of the blue pixel bars but I think the new ones fit much better with the game.

Gowans

cjelly said:
Anyone wanna add a character to my avatar?

if I had the time I'd go through the CC site and see what images I could strip into some gifs for people to use as avatars on put on overlays but I don't.

They are making some great avatars on the CC forums here

also love this pic

castle_crashers_4_player_coop1.jpg

Any idea how this compares to Guardian Heroes? I fucking loved that game and this looks like it might be close...

I can't wait for next Wednesday!

Teknoman

Exarchos said:
There am.

Assuming the content in this game was taken directly from Castle Smashers.

That was actually pretty cool. The music was nice too.

Nice :lol Mario Bros. 2 style ending. The voices were really close to old school treasure/capcom/sega enemy taunts. Tom really has old school VA down.

JLateralus said:
Any idea how this compares to Guardian Heroes? I fucking loved that game and this looks like it might be close...

I can't wait for next Wednesday!

Check my post with all the video links, comparisons, and the interviews.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12431178&postcount=83

EDIT: Holy crap, you can ressucitate your allies? Now that I didnt know. Like the competing at the end of the stage though. Kinda keeps things fresh. Co-op to grab a thon to versus mode.

Also the music ACTUALLY sounds somewhat similar to Guardian Heroes!
kinda a big deal for me since the GH music was pretty catchy
Especially the stat upgrade screen.

Both videos are cool, and im glad I dont need a custom playlist for the game now...but the Destructoid people are kinda annoying.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
We think you're annoying, too! I kid. Sorry you didn't enjoy the (purposely) silly commentary; some enjoyed it, some did not. The next two videos (coming Thursday) will be posted both with and without commenary.

Sorry we ruined your day, guys. :(

Teknoman

nicholasbrutal said:
We think you're annoying, too! I kid. Sorry you didn't enjoy the (purposely) silly commentary; some enjoyed it, some did not. The next two videos (coming Thursday) will be posted both with and without commenary.

:lol no worries, probably was an impulse post on my part since I had the volume pretty loud trying to hear the music in game. Someone said something really loud all of a sudden and it surprised me.

Thanks for the playthroughs though. Especially since there arent many Castle Crashers story mode videos that have the actual in game sounds.

pr0cs

nicholasbrutal said:

Perhaps just too much 'commentary'.. seemed like talking to hear yourselves talk. I'm all for commentary if it's related to the game, how it's playing how the coop is working, your opinion on the responsiveness of controlling the characters, the audio, etc.
Yimyammering for the sake of adding filler gets pretty grating after a while.
Just my opinion, I didn't watch all of the videos (I didn't want the beginning spoiled for me) but I did watch enough to see how the framerate and multiplayer gameplay looked.

Pimpbaa

Got some points today. Will save some for this game next week. Might be down for some co-op.

GT: CrustyNoob

Ploid 3.0

nicholasbrutal said:

I actually liked it. They had big eyes because they are teh powa puff gals. I like funny commentary, like in the hellboy dvd. I also like the HPAW (or something) game marathon videos because they have weird and sometimes funny commentary throughout. I guess I'm weird.

I'm in wait and see mode for this game as I was not a big fan of Alien Hominid but I just had to stop by and say the thread is Epic. Well done Shard.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
pr0cs said:
Perhaps just too much 'commentary'.. seemed like talking to hear yourselves talk. I'm all for commentary if it's related to the game, how it's playing how the coop is working, your opinion on the responsiveness of controlling the characters, the audio, etc.
Yimyammering for the sake of adding filler gets pretty grating after a while.
Just my opinion, I didn't watch all of the videos (I didn't want the beginning spoiled for me) but I did watch enough to see how the framerate and multiplayer gameplay looked.

I hear what you're saying. I think the point was for the video to be less of a "here's how you play this, here's how it feels" preview and more of a "what to expect when you're playing this with friends." It did get rambling and non-game related, but I think it pretty much captures the multiplayer Castle Crashers experience: lots of yelling, lots of button mashing, silly banter, etc.

It's not everyone's cup of tea -- the commentary, that is -- and that's fine. My feelings aren't hurt! If anyone is seriously sickened by it, I could provide non-commentary-having video for you. The second batch ("the 18 minutes after the first 15 minutes") will have both commentary and non-commentary versions.

Also, this thread entire thread is warranted: Castle Crashers is a lot of fun, for sure. I haven't played through nearly all of it, but I'd say it's worth the points. But I'm not reviewing it, so don't listen to a word I say about it.

Vinsanity

I'm new here, and I just sent a friend request to the group. I'll be getting this on day one. Look me up for some coop! GT: liposome

I'll be upgrading to Gold again just for this game.

Teknoman

nicholasbrutal said:
I hear what you're saying. I think the point was for the video to be less of a "here's how you play this, here's how it feels" preview and more of a "what to expect when you're playing this with friends." It did get rambling and non-game related, but I think it pretty much captures the multiplayer Castle Crashers experience: lots of yelling, lots of button mashing, silly banter, etc.

It's not everyone's cup of tea -- the commentary, that is -- and that's fine. My feelings aren't hurt! If anyone is seriously sickened by it, I could provide non-commentary-having video for you. The second batch ("the 18 minutes after the first 15 minutes") will have both commentary and non-commentary versions.

Also, this thread entire thread is warranted: Castle Crashers is a lot of fun, for sure. I haven't played through nearly all of it, but I'd say it's worth the points. But I'm not reviewing it, so don't listen to a word I say about it.

Yeah the videos pretty much said it all either way. Man I cant wait for next wednesday.

Gowans

nicholasbrutal said:

The commentary was a little annoying but I much prefer that than the standard game video. Gives me an idea of the craic over live when playing.

Gowans

yeah next Wednesday will be GLORIOUS!!!

I hope our crew gets enough rest and supplies in I think we could be in for a long session.

Aggghhhh! I thought this was out today.

Damn you Galaga.

I am really quite excited for this release. I have my points primed and ready to spend.

Jme

Alright, 1 week left, and I'm officially on the hype train. Edited my avatar for the occasion.

Sorry Braid
BraidMario.jpg

Daigoro

SO AWESOME. (been meaning to post in this topic for days now. been busy)

i really cant wait for this game. no demo download neccesary. instapurchase for me.

i added myself to the GAF Crashers tag. cant wait to play with you guys next Wed! i have a feeling its going to be a late night. (oh shit, just realised i have to work early in the AM too. :lol yikes!)

this game will bind GAf together in a Castle Crashing beat em up fest of EPICNESS.

awesome banner The Behemoth!

Probably been asked, but what time do XBLA games usually get released? At midnight?

I seem to remember someone saying it was late night EST so I never bothered to stay up and wait.

Daigoro

gregor7777 said:
Probably been asked, but what time do XBLA games usually get released? At midnight?

I seem to remember someone saying it was late night EST so I never bothered to stay up and wait.

if i remeber corectly, yes.

i got the Geo Wars demo just after 12AM EST the other week.

Top Bottom