• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

Sean

Banned
Is it worth leveling up the Red Knight in magic?

His initial magic attack is so shitty that it makes me think he must have the most powerful/badass attack when fully leveled up. But I don't wanna waste a bunch of time to find out the opposite.

Saerk

I love the red knight. His lightning bolt attack is awesome for getting alot of mobs at once. It stuns them and does rapid dmg. You have to hold the button down for it to work right. The lightning kinda blows at low levels, but once you have a bolt that can nearly go across the screen it is awesome. Red knight also unlocks the skeleton character when you beat the game.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Red Knight lightning bolt is the most powerful attack in the game bar none. It ticks damage like 3 times a second and maxed out your doing like 75 a second to everything half the length of the screen.

Soule

I visited a mate out of town for the weekend and we played this for a day with a few friends, I was the only Red Knight and I maxed magic, only one to touch it they all went strength so I wanted to be different. And I destroyed everything, ended up passing all his already started characters levels (although they were only like lvl 10 when I started) from pwning so hard. Fun game btw, nice humour.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Saerk said:
I love the red knight. His lightning bolt attack is awesome for getting alot of mobs at once. It stuns them and does rapid dmg. You have to hold the button down for it to work right. The lightning kinda blows at low levels, but once you have a bolt that can nearly go across the screen it is awesome. Red knight also unlocks the skeleton character when you beat the game.

Sucks that the boss castle mobs are immune though.

MMaRsu

Banned
Any way to get all your weapons and stuff back after you've lost them all apparantly? My characters and worlds are still the same though.

homez99

MMaRsu said:
Any way to get all your weapons and stuff back after you've lost them all apparantly? My characters and worlds are still the same though.

I'm afraid not mate, I had to go through the entire game getting animal orbs, weapons, and items back after it happened to me.

Gizmo_Monkey said:
what is the catfish exploit? I wanna try it. What do I need? I'm level 17 green knight.
You need a boomerang. Basically, time it right with the throw, and it's an easy kill for easy EXP. YouTube it.

sneaky77 said:
What are you supposed to do on the volcano boss?

Jump up, smack him in the face, whilst avoiding his flame breath and the rocks coming down the otherside of the cliff

Can be difficult to reach him, try to use one of the red dudes to start your jumping attack. Handy to have a few sandwiches for that boss as well, once he starts attacking he'll gain height very quickly.

Brashnir

sionyboy said:
Jump up, smack him in the face, whilst avoiding his flame breath and the rocks coming down the otherside of the cliff

Can be difficult to reach him, try to use one of the red dudes to start your jumping attack. Handy to have a few sandwiches for that boss as well, once he starts attacking he'll gain height very quickly.

I think he means the one before that. The one that's literally a volcano.

You need to use a sandwich to become beefy, and then beat the crap out of it.

sneaky77

sionyboy said:

Thanks, no I figured the volcano easy

damn, after all that he goes down very easy lol

I seem to be missing a relic and no stages left before I get on the boat...

sneaky77 said:
Thanks, no I figured the volcano easy

damn, after all that he goes down very easy lol

I seem to be missing a relic and no stages left before I get on the boat...
The two other than the volcano:
Industrial castle
Blacksmiths

derder

Jtwo said:
That's the true, the best way to play is local. But the big selling point of this game was online cooperative play. It's even in the title.
I've actually been lucky. I can count the amount of times I've encountered problems on one hand.

But I can tell you, if I lost my save or couldn't play online like a some of the crashers here.
I'D BE FUCKIN' PISSED

I just sat down and played it all the way through with my roommate. This was after loosing my save 4x. It's the only way to do it.

Sanjuro

What animal orb should I use to get better shot at obtaining weapons? For instance I've done pirate ship maybe 6 times and they haven't dropped a sai once yet.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
What animal orb should I use to get better shot at obtaining weapons? For instance I've done pirate ship maybe 6 times and they haven't dropped a sai once yet.

Monkeyface, maybe? He sez you get lucky finding items. I haven't gotten any drops using him yet but, it might improve your chances....

SanjuroTsubaki said:
It'd probably be a bit of a grind but you could beat it with the orange knight which unlocks the fire demon, then beat it with him because he unlocks the ninja, when you unlock the ninja you'll get the sai.

Sanjuro

BabaORiely said:
It'd probably be a bit of a grind but you could beat it with the orange knight which unlocks the fire demon, then beat it with him because he unlocks the ninja, when you unlock the ninja you'll get the sai.
I'm doing that next. Right now I'm missing only a few of the weapons and have all of the animals. Unlocking all the characters are next for me.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I'm doing that next. Right now I'm missing only a few of the weapons and have all of the animals. Unlocking all the characters are next for me.

Did you find the baseball bat? And if so, where and how awesome?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
SanjuroTsubaki said:

How many weapons do you have?

BenjaminBirdie said:
Did you find the baseball bat? And if so, where and how awesome?

I did, you have to unlock the bee keeper, it's his default weapon.

M.J. Doja

Banned
just bought this game played some 4 player coop with some lvl 30's. i started as orange knight, played a buncha levels .. now im starting the game from the start.. solo

anybody add my gamertag and msg me if you want to play!

MJ Doja <-- thats my tag

Interesting:

Green Knight - Can perform poisonous attacks. Starts out with a sword.
Red Knight - Can perform lightning attacks. Starts out with a mace.
Blue Knight - Can perform ice attacks. Starts out with a sword.
Orange Knight - Can perform fire attacks. Starts out with an axe
Gray Knight - Can perform arrow and bomb attacks. Unlocked by completing the barbarian boss with any character.
Stove Face - A dark knight that uses arrows and knives.
Barbarian - Can Throw various weapons. Unlocked by completing the King's Arena
King - Unknown
Fire Demon - A demonic dragon-like knight that uses fire attacks. Unlocked by completing the game as the orange knight.
Bear - Can perform wind based attacks.
Saracen - A warrior based on a middle eastern warrior and can perform sand attacks.
Thief - Can perform arrow and knife attacks. Is unlocked by completing thieves' arena.
Industrialist - Can perform saw based attacks. Is unlocked by completing the game as a blue knight.
Conehead - Can perform arrow and bomb attacks, is equipped with a lightsaber like weapon when unlocked. Unlocked by completing the Lava arena.
Iceskimo - Can perform Ice based attacks similar to the blue knight, is equipped with a whaling spear
Brute - Can perform earth based attacks.
Ninja - Fires shuriken and uses a mug for defense. Equipped with a Sai when unlocked. Unlocked by completing the game with the fire demon.
Skeleton- Undead warrior that uses evil magic. Unlocked by completing the game with the red knight.
Royal Guard - Can perform arrow and bomb attacks. Unlocked by completing the game with the green knight.
Killer Beekeeper - Can send killer bees to attack enemies.
Peasant - Can perform arrow and bomb attacks. Unlocked by completing Peasant's arena

Sanjuro

Anyone up for any co-op im starting insane mode now but I'm up for going through beating the game with random characters.

M.J. Doja

Banned
i guess i'll play some single player so i can get the hang of this game ;D

i'm lvl 4, holler at me

MJ Doja

k no more spammin time to play

I have 2 questions:

1. Can someone explain the save bug to me, because I have yet to lose my info and I get worried every time I boot up the game

2. How the hell do I beat the thieves arena, I can't do anything without getting shot by that damn arrow

Glix

MMaRsu said:

That sucks. The workaround, where you sign out of your live account, and then sign back in, while in the Castle Crashers game, isn't working?

Glix

Ken Masters said:
I have 2 questions:

1. Can someone explain the save bug to me, because I have yet to lose my info and I get worried every time I boot up the game

2. How the hell do I beat the thieves arena, I can't do anything without getting shot by that damn arrow

1. dunno exactly. I've heard something about picking up weapons in a multi online game, but I'm not sure.

2. Ukemi! Basically, master the quick get up (hitting jump as soon as your character hits the ground) and it should make the arena much easier. Also, buy some potions.

Teknoman

Glix said:
1. dunno exactly. I've heard something about picking up weapons in a multi online game, but I'm not sure.

2. Ukemi! Basically, master the quick get up (hitting jump as soon as your character hits the ground) and it should make the arena much easier. Also, buy some potions.

Yup. The game doesnt really show this as an option but I found it out on accident.

:lol

Warning. If you suffer no save bugs or crashes, your Console might RRoD. My coffin's on the way.

(Just kidding. I doubt CC had anything to do with it. Anyway. At least I was able to buy my final Animal Orb before I had to send it off to Helheim. Goodnight sweet prince.)

Teknoman

Linkzg said:
I really want to try some multiplayer, but compared to older games like this, I would say this is pretty damn enjoyable to play solo.

This game actually reminds me of that pixel grind fest game a bit. I know I'm gonna have to grind a lot to level up my character more.

Its really fun single player, but after playing local 2p co-op last night...the fun increase is equal to how many people are playing. 4 player online co-op win fixed is going to be truckloads of fun.

BenjaminBirdie said:

Warning. If you suffer no save bugs or crashes, your Console might RRoD. My coffin's on the way.

(Just kidding. I doubt CC had anything to do with it. Anyway. At least I was able to buy my final Animal Orb before I had to send it off to Helheim. Goodnight sweet prince.)

Wait so you really got RR'd? Damn...

poweld

BenjaminBirdie said:

Another poor soul...
Probably too much crashing!

I did. I had nothing to do with the game, though. It didn't crash during play, ever. I just turned it on and, whammo. I tried it again. It worked. Played some CC. Bought Spiny and Piggy orbs with my "Play All Characters Through Barbarian Boss Fight" money, got my achievement. Shut it off. Turned it back on, whammo. It's kind of intermittent, now, but either way, the coffin is en route. Should be back in time for Rock Band 2.

-_-

warbegins said:
you guys are strange. if they had delayed it to fix the online, would you feel the same anger as you do now?

just act like it hasn't been released yet. :lol

What kind of bullshit logic is this? They released a game that has a broken online portion, and should get crap for it.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Wow, fuck this game.

I did about 75% of the game offline, alone. Got about half of the weapons, most of the animals, and my blue knight was level 63.

A buddy and me teamed up for the first time and finished the game, beating it. We also racked up some of the achievements we were missing. I even got the final boss to drop his weapon, which I then shared with my buddy.

Saved and quit.

My guy's still level 63, and is showing the icon that I beat the game, and has all stages unlocked. But all I have left is the weapon I had equipped and some consumables. All of the special items, animals, and weapons are gone.

Fuck this game.

homez99

Yeah it's really awful when that happens, it took me a few hours to get all my 50+ weapons and animals back the other day, and it was all thanks to Gowans and Cjelly, the little swines. Then, they had the cheek to laugh about it! I was not amused, I hope The Behemoth understands this glitch exists too, they have only been talking about fixing the multiplayer glitching so far.

Top Bottom