• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putty

Skipping around in that Youtube footage of the entire game, wow this game is really embarrassing. RAD definitely drank the SCE cinematic kool-aid pretty hard.
What were they thinking! RAD should close their doors and Sony should cancel any other cinematic projects in development including U4.

Trilogy!!
That explains the slow start to this episode.

Star Wars starts slow and only gets the speed up half way through leading to a finish that leaves you wanting more.

That means the next episode is The Empire Strikes Back and will be awesome sauce all the way through.

Means the last one will have fucking Ewoks though.

Baron, you're drunk. Or need a Snickers. I'm not sure which.

How terrifying would bear halfbreeds be?

bombshell

I'm saying someone posted chapters 1-13 (excluding 5) on youtube and the "rumor" isn't too far off.

Multiple chapters are just a 5 minute cutscene.

Well someone in the spoiler thread summed up the ratio pretty well, I think you saw his post.

Oh I didn't sit there and watch it or spoil myself, I just skimmed through each video looking for chapter names to see if they synced up and to see what the game was about.

Hmm, I think you should stop trying to confirm anything as a fact when you then follow it up with that you haven't actually watched it all.

It seems that these are the lenghts of times in which you can finish each chapter, I would assume that some of these are just a complete cutscene. I didn't actually watch any of the videos though so not to spoil the game.

Chapter 1: 29 minutes
Chapter 2: 16 minutes
Chapter 3: 46 minutes
Chapter 4: 24 minutes
Chapter 5: Cannot find this one on Youtube.
Chapter 6: 7 minutes
Chapter 7: 6 minutes
Chapter 8: 21 minutes
Chapter 9: 43 minutes
Chapter 10: 4 minutes
Chapter 11: 11 minutes
Chapter 12: 5 minutes
Chapter 13: 5minutes

I read 16 earlier, I'm not sure.

Never said anything was a fact, I believe my words were "isn't too far off". I watched the footage, I shared what I saw in said footage.

To my knowledge it is
chapters. Should probably check, while we're talking of completion times, what difficulty they were on.

It seems that these are the lenghts of times in which you can finish each chapter, I would assume that some of these are just a complete cutscene. I didn't actually watch any of the videos though so not to spoil the game.

Has anyone confirmed what difficulty that YouTube dude is playing at?

I haven't checked- I don't want to look :)
That's cool, I understand not wanting to be spoiled. I'm curious if the dude is just speedrunning, or speedrunning on easy. Because if he's playing on an easier difficulty, his times would mean jack to me since I almost always now start on "hard" at a minimum. Maybe someone else can confirm.

thuway

Someone at Sony should really be slapping themselves in the face. How in the Blue fuck will you ship these games to stores this early in advance?

thenexus6

Some one I sub to on youtube posted an entire walkthrough - there is eight videos, then a final "end" video. I haven't watched any obviously, so he may of cut out some content but still going by the time stamps the game doesn't look very long at all.

Definitely going to wait to pick this up, especially when Dying Light is out a week later.

Someone at Sony should really be slapping themselves in the face. How in the Blue fuck will you ship these games to stores this early in advance?
They should just lift the review embargo and break the street date. I know it won't happen but this is a disaster. 5 more days of spoilers flying around everywhere and YouTube walkthroughs... Thats bad.

Anyway, I can't wait to get my copy and play the shit out of it and get to discuss everything about it actually having played the thing.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
For God's sake. We have a spoilers thread. How about keeping that stuff there? I'm out. Any shop that releases a game early should be heavily fined.

sam777

Some one I sub to on youtube posted an entire walkthrough - there is eight videos, then a final "end" video. I haven't watched any obviously, so he may of cut out some content but still going by the time stamps the game doesn't look very long at all.

Definitely going to wait to pick this up, especially when Dying Light is out a week later.

If you can be bothered, what's the total time of the 8 videos?

FeiRR

Banned

It takes over a month to transport goods by ship to some parts of the world, maybe more if you consider paperwork at customs, delivery to shops, etc. Notice that it's usually somewhere far away from the US where street dates are broken.

nelchaar

wtf happened to this thread? It's all spoilery stuff about # of chapters and how long each chapter takes now? I thought there's a spoiler thread for this shit.

What the hell is the point of an embargo/release date is these things keep getting broken, while the rest of the populace gets crap spoiled by insensitive jerks? Screw this, I'm out.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I saw a "Thank goodness for Nintendo" post and had to nope out. That thread is increasingly becoming filled with people who might very well have never been interested in the game to begin with.

It's hilarious. There's one dude over there giving negative estimations and impressions mixed with that YouTube stuff being passed around. I guess it's cool for them to ignore the positive impressions over here and all the estimations of longer gameplay.

*shrugs*

Hey that guy was me. I don't think there is something wrong with expecting more for your money nowadays. Gaming is becoming further away from what I expect. I do accept that maybe I'm just getting old and what's considered gameplay may change with generation. I'd rather play monster hunter or bayonetta slash nintendo games. If this is what triple a Sony wants to push the Ps4 with then I think it's a shame. Tastes are different tho and I can accept that. I was interested in this game. I was hoping
For a mix of beyond and gears but it looks more beyond

wtf happened to this thread? It's all spoilery stuff about # of chapters and how long each chapter takes now? I thought there's a spoiler thread for this shit.

Some of the stuff that is considered spoilers here boggles my mind, but I'll make sure any mention of that stuff in my posts is covered at the very least.
Hey that guy was me. I don't think there is something wrong with expecting more for your money nowadays. Gaming is becoming further away from what I expect. I do accept that maybe I'm just getting old and what's considered gameplay may change with generation. I'd rather play monster hunter or bayonetta slash nintendo games. If this is what triple a Sony wants to push the Ps4 with then I think it's a shame. Tastes are different tho and I can accept that. I was interested in this game. I was hoping

Whatever. It's console war shit and doesn't belong. Could have made the point without it.

Marvel

could never
kix7Zgf.gif
I'm out.

Won't be surprised if that happens in Asia though, CNY drops on Wednesday and Thursday, so A LOT of businesses, especially shipping, need to do it early before this week.

orochi91

...That's it?

This game will get slaughtered by the press if it's genuinely this short.

Kaze2212

...That's it?

This game will get slaughtered by the press if it's genuinely this short.

The thing I don't get; How two of our fellow gaf members managed to put around 12 hours into the playthrough. So I don't know, those numbers in that list are probably BS. But we will see.

Game4life

Banned

I really hope this game is not as pathetic as the monster hunter series.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It takes over a month to transport goods by ship to some parts of the world, maybe more if you consider paperwork at customs, delivery to shops, etc. Notice that it's usually somewhere far away from the US where street dates are broken.

How long does it take to ship from Sony DADC Austria to Germany, where I think some of the early copies were from?

As for length, presumably most youtubers want their footage out there ASAP to get the hits before the game comes out. So they won't exactly be exploring areas or taking their time at all.

Azdoune

Driveclub, evil within and dragons dogma are basically the definition of mediocre. If The Order is as average or below average as the titles you mention it doesn't deserve higher scores.

I don't know for tew and DD but drive club is not mediocre.
Drive club is awesome, gorgeous, fun, and deserves better than "definition of mediocre".

But I understand, "it's not open world so it's shit" is the new whim.

sam777

I don't know for tew and DD but drive club is not mediocre.
Drive club is awesome, gorgeous, fun, and deserves better than "definition of mediocre".

But I understand, "it's not open world so it's shit" is the new whim.

You find it awesome, he doesn't, opinions init.

i expect if you are filming for a youtube walkthrough have already played it and dont record your deaths experiments tourism or stopping to try something out for the hell of it, it will be half the length of an average playthrough. Just the nature of it.

of course if you want to be critical you will focus on the lower number and if you admire / enjoy the experience, you will focus on a higher number.

in a game with cinematic style and story driven gameplay, the lower, faster time, is even easier to complain about, if you are looking for reasons not to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom