• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I'm setting the Metacritic bar at DriveClub's 71 and taking the under. But it's going to be damn close.
Unfortunately for The Order, DriveClub had a ton of updates and additional DLC/content to elevate its perception post-release. Makes it easier for enthusiast gamers to overlook that initial score.

I would be surprised to see critics drop this game into Ryse territory.

The review onslaught should be relatively entertaining regardless. Best Buy attempted delivery of my copy earlier today as well so street dates be damned.

vesvci

Banned
Interesting review. It looks like a solid low to mid 80s score for the game. Lacks MP, but seems to provide an immersive single player experience. And of course, it seems to have top-notch visuals. Very original new IP for sure.

I can't wait.

Edit: prrsonally don't give a shit about review scores, but just for reference

I think I'm ready.

irfOJBM.png

Amazing!

shandy706

I think we all know the answer to that...

But to sum things up.

Its a PlayStation exclusive which will bring the Xbox fans.

Its also the best looking video game of all time, from a £349 box which will bring the PC fans confusingly thinking how its possible when their set up is twice that amount.

Much like the Uncharted 2 and 3 threads.

You may want to put this on.

Edit** The above image is awesome/hilarious by the way...whoever created it.

Readingaid

Neo Member
The encouraging thing for RAD is that despite the misgivings they already have a base of fans that are willing to over look the reviews and the concerns of a few because of the effort obviously laid into the game and the potential for the series.

In that sense they have a sucess alread. Whats more this is what gave Naughty Dog the foundation to make Uncharted 2.

Freeman

Banned
I'm setting the Metacritic bar at DriveClub's 71 and taking the under. But it's going to be damn close.
Unfortunately for The Order, DriveClub had a ton of updates and additional DLC/content to elevate its perception post-release. Makes it easier for enthusiast gamers to overlook that initial score.

I would be surprised to see critics drop this game into Ryse territory.

The review onslaught should be relatively entertaining regardless. Best Buy attempted delivery of my copy earlier today as well so street dates be damned.
Since they won't have to be fixing the multiplayer part of the game, they might as well work on some additional content.

k1t4j

Hello,

My name is K1t4j and this is my first NeoGaf "review" thread.

I might grab this over the weekend based of reviews. Let's see

I could be wrong, but i really am expecting 80+ on this one. Hopefully the sales are strong as well so RAD has the opportunity to make a more fleshed out sequel.

oti

Banned
Microsoft fans rubbing their hands...ready to attack
Sony fans rubbing their hands...ready to defend
Nintendo fans rubbing their hands...ready to pre-order the next wave of amiibos

Hawk269

But to sum things up.

Its also the best looking video game of all time, from a £349 box which will bring the PC fans confusingly thinking how its possible when their set up is twice that amount.

Not to be a dick..but you just called out Xbox One fans and PC fans in one post. Do you just want to see the world burn or something?

Toxi

Banned

But to sum things up.

giggle.gif

95% and awarded GOTY by every site because it won't get any better than this,
except IGN who gave it a 6 and cited "poor use of sandbags".

Jinaar

The game should have taken the RYSE route. It is one of the reasons why I double dipped on RYSE. The ability to play with others or myself in the Colosseum. Adds to the replay-ability of the game. And it didn't feel tacked on either.

THE ORDER 1886 needs that. If it had that, threads would not be blowing up to the degree that they are in regards to play time to completion.

Waiting for more reviews to see how this singular approach will effect the thoughts of reviewers and their opinionated scores.

Despera

Banned
You also have no idea if The Order has creative gameplay ideas or not.
That's why I said "from what we've seen so far of the game". Besides, everything seems to lead to the same conclusion, but of course it's not until the game is out that we can pass our final judgement.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

But to sum things up.

14675605469_bbc3ae2286_o.gif

IKizzLE

Reviewers have been taking AAA games this generation to task.

Infamous Second Son: 80
Watch Dogs: 80
Wolfenstein: 79
Evolve: 79
Destiny: 76
Dying Light: 73
DriveClub: 71

I mean 80 on metacritic is like the sound barrier no one can break.
I will be pleasantly surprised if The Order breaks 80.

T.O.P

Banned

But to sum things up.

TLSpA.jpg

Yeah what blew up the U3 review thread were the envious fanboys without a ps3, right :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom