• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpyduck

Banned
I think we all know the answer to that...

But to sum things up.

Its a PlayStation exclusive which will bring the Xbox fans.

Its also the best looking video game of all time, from a £349 box which will bring the PC fans confusingly thinking how its possible when their set up is twice that amount.

Much like the Uncharted 2 and 3 threads.

Here we go...

Ahhh this will be the only bad review this game gets. Wait, Eurogamer will give it a 6 so, only 2 bad ones.

Pretty sure they don't assign scores anymore. That might be Edge though. I can't remember.

Kacho

So much fun with scores.
We don't want to live without them.
Metacritic ftw.

+1

Ryse got some brutal criticism for having a lot of QTE stuff, I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. I'm hoping it is the same scenario here.

I think I put in a total of 40 minutes before calling it quits. The game looked bad at E3 and the end result wasn't great. I'm getting very similar vibes with The Order 1886.

Why do people get mad at review scores when some of them claim that reviews don't matter or because it wasn't a little high enough ? They still going to buy the game regardless.

If the order gets a "low" or even a high score( people don't think it deserves it) this place is going be a graveyard.

I don't really care about reviews or scores to be frank, outside of a few industry folk whose opinions I highly value.

But I do care when reviews are uninformed or poorly approached because there's a good chunk of people who do put stock in metacritic when making buying choices, and I would hate to see a good game lose sales because people in a position of influence couldn't be bothered to put an effort into their evaluation.

Not saying that is or will be the case with The Order, but I believe it has happened in the past with other games and will continue to in the future.

EL CUCO

Its happpppppennningggggg. Excited for the meltdowns!
GVFbI3L.jpg

Zukkoyaki

I don't know if I'm impressed or horrified that one review has already generated 7-8 pages.

This might surpass the PSX hype threads.

GeoramA

I wonder if Eurogamer changed their tune about this game. Definitely the review I'm most looking forward to. And of course, Polygon's, for the lulz.

Floridian

But to sum things up.

Its also the best looking video game of all time, from a £349 box which will bring the PC fans confusingly thinking how its possible when their set up is twice that amount.

Subjective.

Wizman23

Banned

But to sum things up.

So much passive aggressive console warrior in this post. fight on warrior

BeeDog

Don't really care how poorly or nicely this game will review; I expect it to receive middling scores, yet I'll keep my pre-order just so I can gawk at the graphics. It also helps to know what to expect from the game. Still, I hope this topic will weed out all the gloaters who are dying for this game to suck from a critical perspective, and also some of the absurd defenders.

Interesting opening salvo. Going to play the game fresh(ish) in a week or so and see what I think.

As much as I've felt this game will probably not be my cup of tea, I'm completely undeterred by the apparent length. That's such a hard thing to qualify between any two players.

But to sum things up.

Only one review and we got some good defense posts going. Why don't we just wait for more reviews and user feedback?

LOL what?! I can't believe that someone seriously would let what some random person on the internet says affect how they enjoy a game.

Well nice to see this topic off too a great start...
It doesn't effect my personal enjoyment. I don't give a hoot what people think about cinematic games. I'm just commenting on the pure vitriol the games get. It's ridiculous. I enjoy them, so I ignore the silliness.

Interesting opening salvo. Going to play the game fresh(ish) in a week or so and see what I think.

As much as I've felt this game will probably not be my cup of tea, I'm completely undeterred by the apparent length. That's such a hard thing to qualify between any two players.

Yeah I agree.

73V3N

Banned

But to sum things up.

I don't get it.

most people having a meltdown on the UC3 thread weren't Xbox/PC fans.

CozMick

Banned
So much passive aggressive console warrior in this post. fight on warrior

Defending a game I've never played is almost as pathetic as wanting it to fail.

I'm looking forward to it but a "console warrior"? I was merely stating what everyone is thinking in regards to every single the order 1886 thread.

But to sum things up.

Throw in dozens of hypersensitive Sony fanboys and you have the making of an epic thread

See? I can do it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom