• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most astonishing thing to come out of all this is that it seems like some people actively want the game to be bad.

Why would anyone ever not want a game to be good?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Not this one?

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess.

The fallout from that one review sent repercussions throughout the internet lol.

Exactly six years ago*, GameSpot reviewed The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

igPBeo0gcsqJI.jpg

So they didn't run, it was on easy and finished in 7hrs.....

Then why do we have a thread that's dozens of pages of concern over a 3-5hr length?
Because people wanted to feed their confirmation bias about the length of the game (others were doing the same thing on the other side with GAF impressions and claiming it was a 10-12 hour game). It was an incredibly premature thread based on a sample size of one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Admittedly, a "last stand" sort of horde mode event, with leaderboards for survival times could be pretty cool. Like, maybe a big enough section of city that there are a handful of obvious strategies, but not worrying about having X number of maps for it.

I'm kind of hoping they do something like this for DLC or a standalone PSN game, like Guerrilla did with Shadow Fall Intercept.

Elandyll

Banned
Just to throw a wrench in the mix, that exact same publication gave Titanfall a 75, and that ended up at 86 MC, so we'll see ;)

Trace

Banned
I expect 73 Metacritic. Lots of 5-6s, decent number of 8-9 to balance it out. I don't expect any 10s and I will take ignore all 5-6s as people that didn't "get" it. I will continue as if the game got 90.

Branduil

I'm not following. Why is this a problem?

Only playthroughs on hard where you scrounge around for all the collectibles and soak in the atmosphere count as actually playing the game. Or something.

There's a remarkably large number of "you're playing it wrong" criticisms coming from people who haven't actually played the game.

Why do people get mad at review scores when some of them claim that reviews don't matter or because it wasn't a little high enough ? They still going to buy the game regardless.

If the order gets a "low" or even a high score( people don't think it deserves it) this place is going be a graveyard.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The most astonishing thing to come out of all this is that it seems like some people actively want the game to be bad.

It's not on their preferred platform.

Hopefully this will be like Ryse, where the game received a real lashing on forums, but a lot of people found it to be a fun "popcorn" experience.

oti

Banned
What if for whatever reason the other publications won't release their articles and this will forever be the only The Order review?

Why do people get mad at review scores when some of them claim that reviews don't matter or because it wasn't a little high enough ? They still going to buy the game regardless.

If the order gets a "low" or even a high score( people don't think it deserves it) this place is going be a graveyard.
The human brain is both a mystifying and terrifying existence.

CozMick

Banned

I think we all know the answer to that...

But to sum things up.

Its a PlayStation exclusive which will bring the Xbox fans.

Its also the best looking video game of all time, from a £349 box which will bring the PC fans confusingly thinking how its possible when their set up is twice that amount.

Much like the Uncharted 2 and 3 threads.

Hugstable

Banned
Some people hate cinematic-styled games so much, they want to deprive others of things they enjoy.

LOL what?! I can't believe that someone seriously would let what some random person on the internet says affect how they enjoy a game.

I think we all know the answer to that...

But to sum things up.

Its a PlayStation exclusive which will bring the Xbox fans.

Its also the best looking video game of all time, from a £349 box which will bring the PC fans confusingly thinking how its possible when their set up is twice that amount.

Much like the Uncharted 2 and 3 threads.

Well nice to see this topic off too a great start...

The hate for all cinematic. The hate for everything exclusive. The hate for black bars. The hate for mustaches. Or everything together. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Vast majority of games don't change anything based on difficulty except for enemy and health scaling and maybe sometimes better AI (Halo, Wolfenstein, FEAR), so yeah you can.

Based on impressions here it sounds like there's a pretty noticeable AI improvement between Normal and Hard in this.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
My prediction would be a metacritic score in the yellow, more specifically in the 67 to 72 numerical range. Most outlets calling it mediocre to average, with a few below and a few smaller outlets or playstation-based magazines score well above the medium. The game will be decent but aside from being a graphical showcase it will quickly be forgotten.

The cutscenes are around 2 hours so what they said in the review isn't true. Either way I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in there, I think the game will end up with a low 80's high 70's overall.

Alienous

I do think gaming is a blood sport to a lot of people.

I'm curious to see how it is seen critically, but I certainly don't wish bad reviews for it.

Vast majority of games don't change anything based on difficulty except for enemy and health scaling and maybe sometimes better AI (Halo, Wolfenstein, FEAR), so yeah you can.

Doesn't change the fact that its not how games are designed to be played and many games do change a lot on different difficulties like TLOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom