• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The thirst is real: a Destiny TTK quest is exclusive to Red Bull (Until Jan 1, 2016)

Dont get me wrong it's shit but..
I will get the lads at work to buy them instead of monster for a month and save the codes.

But this really REALLY is not as bad as some of you guys want it too be.

It's not the biggest deal in the world or anything, but it's enough to make me leave this game behind and find better options. It's just the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

What the fuck is Activision doing?

0e3pi1.jpg

urge26

Destiny is far from content starved, those who play the game on a regular basis understand what the game is, and how it didn't match up with what was communicated to gamers before the Alpha came out. The game is far, far from perfect but Bungie seems to be listening to their audience and changing it on a monthly basis, anyone who's been playing the game since September can tell you how different it is now.

I'm not defending Bungie or Activision's actions, but the blind shit posts being made by people who clearly say they have no interest or are super happy they never got into it seem to have a lot of interest in ripping Bungie apart for business decisions regarding their game that I've seen many times over with other AAA "blockbuster" titles.

I can't stand the fact that strikes, weapons, and maps are paywalled by Sony. But that's kinda how shit works and I chose to play on the Xbox to join a much larger group of my friends so that's a choice I made. I can also choose not to buy the TTK, or not to purchase a can of Redbull if I sorely disagree with the business decisions that are being made, I don't see how blindly shitting on a developer makes any sense.

Nabbis

People keep saying complete lack of content, especially with regards to TTK.

Has anyone other than people at Bungie seen exactly how much content it actually has? It's not out yet. It was just formally announced a week ago. We've seen info regarding class changes, new items, a new area and other things being added with screenshots from the E3 floor.

Lacking content? Really?

This is said before every Destiny update or DLC. Hell, this crap was said during Beta as well. It's always underwhelming.

PnCIa

Bahahahaha oh god. I am so glad i resisted the hype and didnt buy the game at launch. Now i can watch it turn into an even bigger pile of trash and dont feel guilty because i am not a part of the problem. Sorry Destiny lovers :/

I think Destiny's PVP is extremely good but completely different than anything they did in Reach. I really enjoy Reach multiplayer and think it's very good but really hard to say if one is better than the other with how they are structured.

It absolutely is on par with Halo multiplayer. They are completely different experiences but both really fun in there own right.

I played every Bungie halo MP before I played Destiny PVP. The PVP in Destiny is so lacking it is an insult to anyone who played Bungie's mp before it. No party support, no meaningful communication, unoriginal and practically zero game modes, OP PVE weapons in MP that make playing the MP just to play MP nigh impossible. I could go on.

I'm sorry but you are simply incorrect.

Hey also, remember that time you played the Destiny beta and it turned out that was the only content/map on Earth? Yeah, all that content.

Hey you know what kind of shit post hacks me off in these threads? Those with an egregious appeal to authority "Those of us who play the game are happy with it". Nope you and maybe all of your friends are but there are a lot of us who play regularly and are still hacked off at the bad deal we got in the base game and especially the DLCs.

These events highlight to people like is that Bungie is living in a state of delusion where what is announced represents 1/4 to 1/3 of the base game for 2/3 of the price.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
People keep saying complete lack of content, especially with regards to TTK.

Has anyone other than people at Bungie seen exactly how much content it actually has? It's not out yet. It was just formally announced a week ago. We've seen info regarding class changes, new items, a new area and other things being added with screenshots from the E3 floor.

Lacking content? Really?

At $100 right now for the base game and both DLCs I consider it still short of the appropriate level of content for a $60 game.

Excuse me if I don't give them the benefit of the doubt at this point.

As a Red Bull drinker and intermittent Destiny player (level 32 Blade Dancer), I'm ok with this.

Hey NullPointer if you need an extra man for the prison or anything else I'm your huckleberry.

Eh, my wife buys Red Bull from time to time. It's sad that they're doing this, but $2.50 for a few missions and a stupid XP bonus isn't that egregious.

But it stupid.

urge26

For the $100 game as it currently stands?

Correct, sorry bro but I have plenty of things to do with my friends.... PoE, VoG, Crota, Trials, Banner, Crucible, Nightfalls.... the last thing I care about are the shitty story missions, came to terms that this wasn't Halo pretty much after the first week.

Caja 117

I played every Bungie halo MP before I played Destiny PVP. The PVP in Destiny is so lacking it is an insult to anyone who played Bungie's mp before it. No party support, no meaningful communication, unoriginal and practically zero game modes, OP PVE weapons in MP that make playing the MP just to play MP nigh impossible. I could go on.

Sure Halo grew up to have a bunch of different game types, but is not as if Destiny has practically Zero game modes when it has I think is 5 different game modes plus the new one coming with the TTK,

The MP in terms of balancing doesnt hold a candle on Halo, but it still fun regardless on how ridiculous a match can be because of the weapons, the supers, the sprinting, the radar, the Shotguns, the Fusion Rifle, some people find it fun, and I bet you that a group of people will say that is better than Halo. Just like the weapons makes for you the MP impossible, many people found Halo impossible with the steep learning curve and those expert players that would eat a whole team of inexperience players for dinner, that for those players was not fun either.

Future

I hate game gear codes on junk food.

They did this with Call of Duty. It's tacky.

It's more tacky than it is infuriating.

It's the method they need to offset income AWAY from the consumer directly. If gamers want a console game like this with continuous support, and don't want micro transactions to fund it, then they need partnerships like this to make income. Sounds stupid but it's not a big deal

Vestal

Gold Member
Destiny is far from content starved, those who play the game on a regular basis understand what the game is, and how it didn't match up with what was communicated to gamers before the Alpha came out. The game is far, far from perfect but Bungie seems to be listening to their audience and changing it on a monthly basis, anyone who's been playing the game since September can tell you how different it is now.

I'm not defending Bungie or Activision's actions, but the blind shit posts being made by people who clearly say they have no interest or are super happy they never got into it seem to have a lot of interest in ripping Bungie apart for business decisions regarding their game that I've seen many times over with other AAA "blockbuster" titles.

I can't stand the fact that strikes, weapons, and maps are paywalled by Sony. But that's kinda how shit works and I chose to play on the Xbox to join a much larger group of my friends so that's a choice I made. I can also choose not to buy the TTK, or not to purchase a can of Redbull if I sorely disagree with the business decisions that are being made, I don't see how blindly shitting on a developer makes any sense.

Blindly?!?! Really? I think everyone here shitting on both Bungie and Activision is pretty well informed as to why they are shitting on them. From Content starved base game to money grabs at every single fucking corner at the expense of content to an already content starved game. Need I say more?

SND

Banned
How's this different than any of the other product tie-ins from the past? Is it because this is Destiny and it's cool to hate them now?

Sure Halo grew up to have a bunch of different game types, but is not as if Destiny has practically Zero game modes when it has I think is 5 different game modes plus the new one coming with the TTK,

The MP in terms of balancing doesnt hold a candle on Halo, but it still fun regardless on how ridiculous a match can be because of the weapons, the supers, the sprinting, the radar, the Shotguns, the Fusion Rifle, some people find it fun, and I bet you that a group of people will say that is better than Halo. Just like the weapons makes for you the MP impossible, many people found Halo impossible with the steep learning curve and those expert players that would eat a whole team of inexperience players for dinner, that for those players was not fun either.

I like how you completely ignored the most important part of my post when it comes to bungie's mp: i.e. the social aspect. There is none, the entire game is the most lonely mp shooter, let alone MMO I've ever experienced. It's laughable.

Future

Hey also, remember that time you played the Destiny beta and it turned out that was the only content/map on Earth? Yeah, all that content.

Exaggeration. Destiny pvp is more chaotic, but watch some streams of trials if you want to see some more high level pvp. It's actually surprisingly tight

Communication is all opt in yes. But it's there. Not sure the complaint?

You're opinion isnt a fact. He is allowed to like Destiny PVP and think its fun.

Compared to What? Ground Zeroes? The ORder? Ryse? Or You want to compare it agasint a game like Wow? FF14 which you pay a monthly fee? Yeah, The game is not starved for content based on what you are paying for.

How much is it for the game plus all DLC's compared to a year subscription to either of those MMOs you mentioned?

Exaggeration. Destiny pvp is more chaotic, but watch some streams of trials if you want to see some more high level pvp. It's actually surprisingly tight

Communication is all opt in yes. But it's there. Not sure the complaint?

So any high level PVP has to be done with premades then? Premades that you can't make unless you know the person already or use a third party site for?

"I don't understand why people don't just go to this third party website to group up for strikes and raids instead of expecting features in every MMO on the market. "

It's the same argument, and it amounts to deal with it because.

You're opinion isnt a fact. He is allowed to like Destiny PVP and think its fun.

Something being fun and willfully ignoring things that should be in the game because you think it's cool to take the abuse because "you can handle it" are totally different concepts.

Caja 117

I like how you completely ignored the most important part of my post when it comes to bungie's mp: i.e. the social aspect. There is none, the entire game is the most lonely mp shooter, let alone MMO I've ever experienced. It's laughable.

What? this is incorrect, a MP is as lonely as your Friend list is. if you go by "well, I made friends while playing Halo MP" this is not a problem inherent of Destiny, console MP in general have moved into a place were you don't really befriend people online. this problem is present in any console MP nowadays.

n0razi

Bahahahaha oh god. I am so glad i resisted the hype and didnt buy the game at launch. Now i can watch it turn into an even bigger pile of trash and dont feel guilty because i am not a part of the problem. Sorry Destiny lovers :/

i more than got my $40 of entertainment out of my copy (which was kind of free since it was part of the white ps4 bundle)... i dont care for DLC so I never bought DDB/HoW and have no intention of getting the 3rd pack. i dont support Bungie/Activisions current practices, but Im not going to deny that I enjoyed whatever I played already

Sorc3r3r

As a developer, I understand. It's shitty, but I understand.

Most console games make all their money in the initial release surge. That month that you see it on npd is where it makes the most money. After that, you may get some extra cash from dlc (which often is nothing compared to the initial release... Depending on the game of course). It has actually blown my mind that bungee has truly been continuously updating the game with such a large team. Eventually they need that next surge of income to make it worthwhile

So you make money by getting sony to pay for for exclusive content. Red bull. Getting people to buy the entire game again when they don't have to. This is how you get the funds for a 10 year plan on one game. It's shitty to the players, but it guarantees their continuous support. Hopefully it merely sounds worse than it is.

It's living on the edge of failure, i cant see Destiny as is now going on for ten years.
First or then anyone who's playing will understand what has played and will leave the game asap, happend to me, to some of my friends.
No looking back after.
As much the game IS fun played with friends, the core is flawed, the GAME under the social aspect it's a chore, a huge chore when you look at it from outside.
They nailed the lite-mmo social activity as no one before,but to keep around people instead of giving them content they give them grind, an insane amount of grind to dilatate the thin content they release every 3,4 months.
It's working right now, people is engaged with friends in a competion to take the new carrot released, but i repeat i have some serious doubt this will last 10 years.

I'm hoping that this new expansion will move Destiny into a new direction, made of meat , instead of smoke.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

It might be my most played game of all time (WoW might be #1). Despite Bungie's bullshit and the lack of content, it's still a great game.

Lothars

I think you have no clue what you are talking about, you can chat with people on your team just like halo before it. The game modes are fun, the biggest issue is how some of the modes are only around for a week at a time but that doesn't take away from how good they are.

Yeah you could go on but you would still be wrong.

So any high level PVP has to be done with premades then? Premades that you can't make unless you know the person already or use a third party site for?

"I don't understand why people don't just go to this third party website to group up for strikes and raids instead of expecting features in every MMO on the market. "

It's the same argument, and it amounts to deal with it because.

Something being fun and willfully ignoring things that should be in the game because you think it's cool to take the abuse because "you can handle it" are totally different concepts.
The only PVP mode that is not matchmade is Trials and that wouldn't be fun with randoms. The elimination game mode that has matchmaking is a blast and easily one of the funniest modes I have played in crucible.

Iron Banner is easily one of the best multiplayer experiences i have had especially with a fullfire team.

Look I like Halo multiplayer and think it's fun especially Halo 3 and Reach but I think the experience of Crucible are just as fun as previous bungie games.

Caja 117

How much is it for the game plus all DLC's compared to a year subscription to either of those MMOs you mentioned?

We need to include price for the base game for those with subscription because those games arent free either.

Destiny: 23+35+40=98

Final Fantasyy 14: 23+(15*12)=203.00

WoW: 10 (basse game) + (30*6)=190

it doesnt include WarLords od Draenor which is 50 Dollars more.

I took these prices from Amazon.

XenoRaven

WoW: 10 (basse game wihout any expansion) + (30*6)=190

I took this prices from Amazon.
14 subscription is cheaper if you pay for more time. I think it's around $12 or something if pay for three or six months at a time. Not a huge difference, but enough to make note of.

I realize that's not what the thread is about.

Also WoW and FFXIV blow Destiny away in terms of content, so you're not matching price for content with this comparison.

We need to include the game for those with subscription because those games arent free either.

WoW: 10 (basse game wihout any expansion) + (30*6)=190

But you do know that WoW and Final Fantasy literally have 100x more content than Destiny does? (WoW even more so. If we count quests as missions....then it probably has 1000x more content than Destiny does.)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
But you do know that WoW and Final Fantasy literally have 100x more content than Destiny does? (WoW even more so. If we count quests as missions....then it probably has 1000x more content than Destiny does.)

Not to mention actual meaningful player interaction.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
We need to include price for the base game for those with subscription because those games arent free either.

WoW: 10 (basse game) + (30*6)=190

Yeah I really really don't think these are the comparisons you want to be encouraging if you're attempting to defend the amount of content in Destiny.

This may be the worst PR week for a particular game franchise I've ever seen.

Destiny, I love you, but this is getting to be too much.

Top Bottom