• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

Rymuth

Town I was assigned to had already had a few amenities built like a power generator and whatnot. Had no idea how to contribute and they wouldn't let me build a house until the town hall was expanded or something.

Jumped on the treadmill to generate electricity for the town...felt like I was contributing but soon realized I was being manipulated into feeling like just another cog into the machine. :p

Tried to take a subway but saw it only led to other towns.

Tried venturing forth and the void almost sucked me.

Finally took a bus that dropped me off next to a giant's head and I started digging inside for minerals, dropping off the resources near the loading area. Got real oppressive and foreboding the deeper I got.

Was...quite the experience. :)

haha_san

Neo Member
Should I just give up if I can't connect to the server? I was in a town and tried to move to another through the subway and got disconnected. I've tried to get back in to no avail.

Town I was assigned to had already had a few amenities built like a power generator and whatnot. Had no idea how to contribute and they wouldn't let me build a house until the town hall was expanded or something.

Jumped on the treadmill to generate power...felt like I was helping but soon realized I was being manipulated into feeling like just another cog into the machine. :p

Tried to take a subway but I saw it only leads to other towns.

Tried venturing forth and the void almost sucked me.

Finally took a bus that dropped me off next to a giant's head and I started digging inside for minerals, dropping off the resources near the loading area. Got real oppressive and foreboding the deeper I got.

Was...quite the experience. :)

I feel like you're in my town! Unless if all of us are being thrown into the same place with the race face and the bombs. It's starting to resemble a skull more now...

ChrisDM

I'm assuming the beta costume won't be received until the full game for beta players, correct? Only making sure I don't need to do something specific in the beta to make sure I get it.

I'm so in for the full game. So damn in. Feels like I'm living the life of the Papers Please protagonist's neighbors. :D

DieH@rd

Banned
I played beta just now, and I like it.

Are there any restrictions with this beta? Can I post detailed impressions/screens/videos online?

Dommel

I am sad that it isn't working for a lot of y'all! I am absolutely in love with the aesthetic and mood of this game so far. My hype levels have risen immensely.

Edit: Boy do I have no idea what I am doing once I got to town. Time to figure it out!

Me too, so clueless but its so beautiful

Ouren

Hey guys! I signed up for the closed beta on day one sometime last year. I never got an email about it, and have been checking my spam folders frequently! Is there any way to get in? I really wanna get my hands on that outfit!

McFadge

Man, woke up especially to play this, but after going through the tutorial and jumping through a few towns I can't connect now. Hopefully I'll have more luck in the next session.

Man, woke up especially to play this, but after going through the tutorial and jumping through a few towns I can't connect now. Hopefully I'll have more luck in the next session.
I can't even make it to town I've stared at my character stare thru a train window 10 times now lol

Jabba

Banned
Could you at least have an option in the full game to remove/tone down the vignette effect and heavy DOF?

The game is beautiful and I really think these exaggerated effects really bogs down the image.

Duck, one more vote for this suggestion.

ps3ud0

Having a fair few issues today - bus being stuck at the bus stop and not moving, stuck in the crouch position when picking up a parcel and just getting kicked a fair few times.

ps3ud0 8)

I was so confused when playing. I destroyed my pickaxe by killikg a bee in town and then ran around for 15 minutes not knowing how to get another pickaxe. So i just...did nothing. Now i cant get into a game because of servers.

Stuck on the loading train scene too after restarting.

The game was fun for the little bit I played though.
Was getting into the flow of mining resources and bringing them back, but have no idea how to tackle the monsters.

Oh well, hope the connectivity issues get better-time is so limited.

doby

I was so confused when playing. I destroyed my pickaxe by killikg a bee in town and then ran around for 15 minutes not knowing how to get another pickaxe. So i just...did nothing. Now i cant get into a game because of servers.

How do you get one?? I did exactly the same as you, those bastard bees!

I presume you get them from a facility that my town doesn't have, nor ever has enough wood to build one. So I'm just aimlessly running around. It's becoming tedious...

How do u increase the mandate limit?

The mandate limit goes up when the town earns monuments, basically achievements for the whole town. If you examine the one in the center of town, you can see progress toward various monuments.

And again, apologies to everyone experiencing connection/crash issues. We'll be looking into those for the last block.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wood seems the most critical resource so far. You spend tons building houses, then a monster sets fire to something and you need more to repair it. Food usually second scarcest. Both need trees.

I'm enjoying my chainsaw but need to figure out a balance between cutting down for wood and leaving for food.

Is there a way to repair tools? My chainsaw is nearly down to zero

Do I need a military kiosk to buy/make bullets?

Also sod off with the sliding block puzzles. I hate sliding block puzzles, but it's hard enough to scrape together the resources and then that.

Tldr; monsters come too often, food and wood share a common scarce resource, don't like puzzles as additional gate to building

Holy shit, the island I was on just dissolved into thin air lmao.

Same happened to me. At night and when I turned around the bus pulled off and all that was left was a torch. Had to bunny hop all the way back to town with a torch in my hands.

Seems fun though although not sure what to do half the time.

They really really REALLY need to disable terrain creating void power usage inside of the towns. The amount of griefing I'm encountering via bridge creation blocking is just ridiculous. There's nothing the legit players in my town can do to fight back despite there being way more of us than the dickheads

Arukado

How do you get one?? I did exactly the same as you, those bastard bees!

I presume you get them from a facility that my town doesn't have, nor ever has enough wood to build one. So I'm just aimlessly running around. It's becoming tedious...

You can buy new pickaxes by using coupons at the tool kiosk.

the-tomorrow-children-beta-manual-screen-06-ps4-us-14jan16

Wood seems the most critical resource so far. You spend tons building houses, then a monster sets fire to something and you need more to repair it. Food usually second scarcest. Both need trees.

I'm enjoying my chainsaw but need to figure out a balance between cutting down for wood and leaving for food.

Is there a way to repair tools? My chainsaw is nearly down to zero

The wood-food balance is definitely the most crucial. You can craft saplings, which give fruit when mature, but you also have to figure out how to keep the other townspeople from chopping them down.

There's no way to repair tools, but the cost/coupon payouts are balanced so that having them be throwaway isn't too painful.

The bus stopped moving in my town.

Yeah, this is one of the big known issues. We suggest changing towns, but we're also seeing issues with that today.

doby

You can buy new pickaxes by using coupons at the tool kiosk.

the-tomorrow-children-beta-manual-screen-06-ps4-us-14jan16

Yeh...we don't have one of those. And people seem to prefer building monuments instead or duplicates of what we already have. Gah!!

I don't really know what I can do, there should be a message board in town that residents can write on.

Ouren

Hey guys! I signed up for the closed beta on day one sometime last year. I never got an email about it, and have been checking my spam folders frequently! Is there any way to get in? I really wanna get my hands on that outfit!

Oh, I'm in the US by the way!

Top Bottom