• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavieC726

I'm calling the core game to be Killer Freaks and Rayman Legends to be one of the "casual" titles since that's what they're pushing for.

Yea I would also go with KFfOS since Ghost Recon Online is also on the PC. Besides, what better time to release a new IP than at launch?

Linkhero1

Probably talking about what we saw in the Rayman leak. The person with the tablet works together with others to get through different levels by controlling platforms on the tablet.
Yea I would also go with KFfOS since Ghost Recon Online is also on the PC. Besides, what better time to release a new IP than at launch?

Pretty much what I think too. They had Red Steel for Wii launch and now they have Killer Freaks for Wii U launch.

AniHawk

NszmH.jpg

I need volunteers.

Try to think of something that you might or might not do during E3. (Or something that will happen to you or not.)

wait why is ramirez there?

jacksrb

About 39 minutes in they get a question about WiiU. This is were they say 5 casual and 2 core games. Again, its really hard to understand... broken english, thick accents and stuttering. Here's what they say about WiiU:

They are "extremely happy" with the console.

The tablet brings "new gameplay and social functions" including working 'simultaneous' (I'm not sure of word he was trying to say) with friends, receiving new challenging and communication.

7 games for WiiU this year. 5 causal game, one of which is exclusive. 2 core games, one being AC3, the other is exclusive. "Just Dance" brand and Avengers were mentioned earlier for WiiU in the call.

They've emphasized multiple times during the call the importance of the WiiU as part of their business model... especially with casual/social gaming.

They say they think the system can be successive at bringing together core and casual gamers.

Thanks for the summary.

I would say the core titles are ACIII and Killer Freaks with Ghost Recon, Rayman, Avengers, Just Dance, and Rabbids game to be the casual.

I think the sway vote is between Killer Freaks (or whatever that became) and Ghost Recon. If they have made Killer Freaks whimsical or silly that could be a nice departure from other FPSs. If they consider Ghost Recon to be casual because it is free to play, etc, that would also be interesting.

Of course, Ghost Recon could slip to next year and there may be another casual game...

Roo

Sorry GPW. Like Shady said Atari doesn't count. If they had been able to make succeeding consoles that would be another story.

Thanks for the earlier compliments guys.

But yeah, it's time to weed out the unnecessary gloom now that we are within three weeks of conference. We have a pretty good idea of what Wii U can do, so lets start getting excited about it.

If this trailer had people hyped, I know you all can't wait to see the Wii U version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbetJKOQB7k

There will be more random E3 hype posts till the conference.

I want to believe you're trying to imply that there will be somehow, something related to Smash Bros this E3

An ugly logo would be enough for me!

BurntPork

Banned
About 39 minutes in they get a question about WiiU. This is were they say 5 casual and 2 core games. Again, its really hard to understand... broken english, thick accents and stuttering. Here's what they say about WiiU:

They are "extremely happy" with the console.

The tablet brings "new gameplay and social functions" including working 'simultaneous' (I'm not sure of word he was trying to say) with friends, receiving new challenging and communication.

7 games for WiiU this year. 5 causal game, one of which is exclusive. 2 core games, one being AC3, the other is exclusive. "Just Dance" brand and Avengers were mentioned earlier for WiiU in the call.

They've emphasized multiple times during the call the importance of the WiiU as part of their business model... especially with casual/social gaming.

They say they think the system can be successive at bringing together core and casual gamers.

So that confirms that Wii U isn't getting Far Cry 3. Splinter Cell 6 is still possible, but I wouldn't call it likely.

Well, at least you guessed what your square means.

I already know that you're all jerks who hate me and want me gone. :(

Tagg9

It has more than a year of development.. that gives it a major head's up over Red steel!

Perhaps. But I wouldn't be surprised if Montpellier had the game ready to launch for the WiiU's initial launch window (Q4 2011?), and hasn't done a lot of work on it since.

BurntPork

Banned
I didn't know either of those were coming out this year.

Edit: I see Far Cry 3 is, but I don't recall a splinter cell game being announced.

It hasn't, but it's heavily rumored. It probably won't come this year, which is the reason I said that it still has a chance.

AniHawk

I think you'll live up to your tag, that's why your on the board.

maybe the cranky part. e3 wipes me out.

i might have someone else driving though. that would be a first. and really help with fatigue.

edit: and i'll only be going for one day this year because of reasons.

Snakeyes

Is this a bingo for those that will get banned?

Repost for BG;

How does these rumored Taito Type X3 specs compare to the rumored Wii U specs?

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 (3.1Ghz)
Chipset: Intel Q67 Express
Gfx: AMD Radeon HD 6770
RAM: 2GB DDR3
HDD: 160GB SATA 3.0 (2.5")
Sound: 7.1 HD Audio
PSU: 600W
OS: Windows Standard 7 Embedded 64bit / Windows XP Embedded SP3 32bit

maybe the cranky part. e3 wipes me out.

i might have someone else driving though. that would be a first. and really help with fatigue.

edit: and i'll only be going for one day this year because of reasons.

Should be a fun gig though.

You won't get banned bro.
You can't really make that promise. I promise not to help in your destruction BP. But if someone with the best of intentions tells you to back off... you might want to listen.

snesfreak

Banned
I'll probably just rant in the NFL-AGE irc channel about the stupidity during E3 instead of posting on GAF and getting banned for being right.

BY2K

Membero Americo
what does the bingo card with the faces mean?

It's a bingo card made from the avatar of Gafers. Each avatar will be linked to a description of something that member will do or not or something that will happen to him or not.

I'll probably just rant in the NFL-AGE irc channel about the stupidity during E3 instead of posting on GAF and getting banned for being right.

You seems to forget that OT will be closed during the E3 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom