• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anihawk got it. Even if Wii U isn't on par PS4 and Xbox 3, Wii to Wii U will arguably be the biggest console jump we've EVER seen.

A console with with 20th century hardware and 88MB of system memory and 3MB of eDRAM gave us great looking games like SMG, Xenoblade, DKCR, etc. Now we're going to see a console that obliterates it.

I'm doing some LinkedIn diving right now so I'll be back later with some things I found.

39c8e15c.jpg

BY2K

Membero Americo
So there's a rumor on a certain Nintendo website about a certain white rapper starring in an E3 promotional video for a first-party Wii U title called "Acid Ghost" aimed at older gamers.

Yeah.

- a marketing agency in Sacramento, California teamed with Nintendo for an E3 video
- the video features rapper Eminem
- post production work on the video will be going on this week
- video includes footage of a Nintendo-published Wii U title called "Acid Ghost", which is aimed at older gamers
- Eminem will play the game in this video

I... don't know what to think...

Oddduck

Reminds me of when Nintendo used Robin Williams and Beyonce for commercials.

Not that far fetched. They've used celebrities many times in the past.

japtor

Oh OK. I was hoping that it would be on par but oh well.
Did games even push Type X/X2*? I can't imagine arcade game budgets coming remotely close to console game budgets these days (barring stuff meant to be ported). I guess the main thing to Type X is just easy development and they're just keeping it up with common hardware.

*Which had a vague range of hardware for specs iirc, like they allowed anything from low end CPUs and GPUs to high end ones.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Recap + edited comments
Thanks. I have add one more point since then, but didn't want to repost the whole thing for that.

This is what I think Ubisoft releases for Wii U up to March 2013 will be.

Core
Ghost Recon Online (January) (exclusive?)
Assassin's Creed 3 (Launch)

Casual

Rabbids WiiU (December)
Killer Freaks from Outer Space (Launch)
Rayman Legends (March)
Avengers: Battle For Earth (February)
Just Dance (December)

I am surprised that There isn't 2 more core titles in the likes of a Far Cry 3 or Brothers in Arms: Furious 4 title. I am hoping there will be a couple of surprise announcements What other ubisoft titles that are able to make it for a January-March release that have not yet been announced for wiiu?
They only specify AC3, Just Dance, and Avengers as being on WiiU, with the first two being tied to the console launch. When they talk about GRO, they speak only of the PC version. That could be because the WiiU version isn't coming this year or because they just didn't say anything about it. They did blur the line as to what category they consider in, so it could still be part of the 7.

Nintendo had Robin Williams do Zelda commercials and had Beyonce do Rhythm Heaven commercials. Those were first party games.

Also Nicole Kidman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SttkU-8UWQE

Yeah, but using Beyonce and Nicole was there way of trying to push their systems to a market that may not be interested in games. They were trying to show that people you wouldn't expect also play games.

This Eminem thing doesn't make sense if they're trying to push it to core gamers. Those gamers couldn't care less about celebrities marketing games.

I believe Ghost Recon Online is also on PC. That's why I said Killer Freaks instead.

I'd have loved if Far Cry 3 was also on Wii U. =/

Have we got many clues as to how many games and what publishers may be releasing for WiiU for launch window first 6 months October '12 - March '13? A successful launch will need a mixture of core and casual full release titles of maybe 60 titles, so where are these titles going to come from? we have all these publishers and Ubisoft for example is going to have 7 titles Nintendo will probably have 10-12 full release titles in the launch window. What will the other publishers have for oct-march for WiiU?

WORLD

EA
Activision/Blizzard
Ubisoft
THQ
Take Two
Warner Brothers
Atari
Codemasters
(Valve ?)

JAPAN

Nintendo
Capcom
Konami
Sega
Level 5
Tecmo/Koei
Square
Namco

Did I miss any publishers or did I add any that will not release any games?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
If Eminem really does appear at Nintendo's E3 press conference it's going to be hysterical.

I don't know, the rumour is so crazy that it might just be true.

Actin' like they never seen nobody hit a nick before
Smashed the window, grabbed the Nintendo 64
When they sell out in stores the price triples
I ran up the block jumpin' kids on tricycles

And colliding with an 80-year old lady with groceries
There goes the cheese, eggs, milk and Post Toasties
Stood up and started to see stars
Too many siren sounds, it seemed like a thousand police cars
Barely escaped, must-a been some dumb luck
Jumped up and climbed the back of a movin' dump truck
But I think somebody seen me maybe
Plus I lost the damn Nintendo and I must-a dropped the Beanie Baby

Fuck it I give up, I'm surrounded in blue suits
Came out with a white flag hollerin' "TRUCE TRUCE!"
Surrendered my weapon to cops
Wasn't me! It was the gangsta rap and the peppermint Schnopps

- Eminem

What wouldn't he do for a nintendo product!

What is the BOM Microsoft is targeting for their next Xbox? What is Nintendo's?

I think the only thing we can be sure of is which one's is higher.

edit: A "certain white rapper". And Nintendo? Hmm, what one thing do they have in common?

"Go ninja, go ninja, go!"

Yeah, yeah, I know it's the other guy

Guys, its pre E3. Lets pretend this could be real for fun.

Wtf kind of game could something called acid ghost be?

Probably a code name? Sure, but that's not fun so don't mention that!

I say rythem heaven esque musical/timing experience in between on rails shooter segments set in a post apocolyptic future. Best looking wii u game on the floor.

HylianTom

Banned
If Eminem really does appear at Nintendo's E3 press conference it's going to be hysterical.

I don't know, the rumour is so crazy that it might just be true.
I want him on stage with Miyamoto..

Wii U Rap Battle™!
Rap into the microphone and have your peers, watching you live from their own homes with their uPads, using the uPad's built-in microphone and camera! Then, after each contestant has had their say, the audience votes! Get your snapz ready, boy-eeeee!

Should I get out the meathooks for this game?

Nothing sexier than an aging man hanging from the ceiling under my leather clad dominion.
Oh my!

antonz

I say rythem heaven esque musical/timing experience in between on rails segemebts set in a post apocolyptic future.

Targeted at an older audience to me suggests probably some kind of FPS. if it was indeed Nintendo made it would have to be like Retro made as I dont know if FPS are the style of the rest of Nintendo

I say rythem heaven esque musical/timing experience in between on rails segemebts set in a post apocolyptic future.

My first thought is that it would be a horror game. But i'm not sure if Nintendo would want two of those lined up for the Wii U so earlier. That's assuming that the ED2 rumor is true.

Oddduck

Maybe NST is doing Acid Ghost. I mean they were going to do Project Hammer before that cancelled and that was aimed at older gamers.

Linkhero1

I say rythem heaven esque musical/timing experience in between on rails shooter segments set in a post apocolyptic future. Best looking wii u game on the floor.

First thing that I thought of was Eternal Darkness sequel. Not sure why.

"Acid Geist" (the leaker obviously misheard it)

Oddduck

It's possible Acid Ghost could be developed by a third party and published by Nintendo.

Nintendo did say they would partner with companies since there are certain games they don't make.

@Gameplayerwhore: Oh man, what if Acid Ghost is a sequel to Geist? Would be nuts.

I gave up on catching up on this thread 3 pages into the 20 I was behind in. Can I get a recap?

I don't know when you were last here, so I picked a random five-digit number to start on. :p

#10603: Ben10: Omniverse announced for Wii U

#10776: Capcom to have no playable Nintendo games at E3

#10824: Ubisoft seeks to capitalize on 'social game benefits' of next-gen consoles

#10841: Analyst believes ubisoft will have F2P Wiiu titles this year:

#10961: [Ubisoft] will have five casual titles and two core titles.

#11097: via linkedin, employee resumés mentioning Wii U projects

#11164: a rumor… about a certain white rapper starring in an E3 promotional video for a first-party Wii U title called "Acid Ghost" aimed at older gamers.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I want him on stage with Miyamoto..
Wii U Rap Battle™!
Rap into the microphone and have your peers, watching you live from their own homes with their uPads, using the uPad's built-in microphone and camera! Then, after each contestant has had their say, the audience votes! Get your snapz ready, boy-eeeee!
Oh my!

Hold steady, like Reggie, better get your body ready
I spit slick verses faster than a Corvette,
so hype about Nintendo's party, throw the confetti.
Haters salty cause next gen has landed already,
so sick with rage that they'll be wearing mom's spaghetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom