• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddduck

Hold steady, like Reggie, better get your body ready
I spit slick verses faster than a Corvette,
so hype about Nintendo's party, throw the confetti.
Haters salty cause next gen has landed already,
so sick with rage that they'll be wearing mom's spaghetti.

Someone get this person a record deal! lol

Thanks. I have add one more point since then, but didn't want to repost the whole thing for that.

They only specify AC3, Just Dance, and Avengers as being on WiiU, with the first two being tied to the console launch. When they talk about GRO, they speak only of the PC version. That could be because the WiiU version isn't coming this year or because they just didn't say anything about it. They did blur the line as to what category they consider in, so it could still be part of the 7.

The rabbids game is just speculation on my part as there has been no screen grabs or development overviews on it. It might as well be Your Shape Fitness. What I would hope for is that the publisher sees that the Wii U will be lucrative for certain games like Splinter Cell or Prince of Persia but since AC is coming I guess those games will also come. It is probably shooters that will probably miss out on WiiU depending on the type of content it has so maybe it won't be that bad at all. getting most of the top franchises might make the WiiU very respectable in the sense of having a more complete and varied library of games.

If this game is real, I hope Retro either isn't making it, or it does a lot of things differently and interestingly instead of just trying to be a traditional PS360 FPS to try to get that audience.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel

Obviously it's the unique game Kojima is making for Wii U in lieu of a Project Ogre port.

Snakeyes

Hold steady, like Reggie, better get your body ready
I spit slick verses faster than a Corvette,
so hype about Nintendo's party, throw the confetti.
Haters salty cause next gen has landed already,
so sick with rage that they'll be wearing mom's spaghetti.

Graphic whores on my Wii 'cause I look like Reggie
They asking for AA, I tell 'em eat my jaggies

HeySeuss

I don't know when you were last here, so I picked a random five-digit number to start on. :p

#10603: Ben10: Omniverse announced for Wii U

#10776: Capcom to have no playable Nintendo games at E3

#10824: Ubisoft seeks to capitalize on 'social game benefits' of next-gen consoles

#10841: Analyst believes ubisoft will have F2P Wiiu titles this year:

#10961: [Ubisoft] will have five casual titles and two core titles.

#11097: via linkedin, employee resumés mentioning Wii U projects

#11164: a rumor… about a certain white rapper starring in an E3 promotional video for a first-party Wii U title called "Acid Ghost" aimed at older gamers.

Is the bolded for real? Because that is disapointing if true. I was hoping for RE6.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Done!

i5PVzRgFvEc1C.png

B1: Third-Party AAA Title Announced
B2: Blown Away
B3: Mario Paper 3DS
B4: Banned
B5: Referring to new console as "New Sexy"

I1: FIGS IN HIS RECTUM
I2: Not normal
I3: Being cranky
I4: Gets a record deal
I5: Won't post

N1: Banned
N2: FIGS IN HIS RECTUM TOO!
N3: Free Space
N4: Goes insane
N5: Bragging about F-Zero Wii U being revealed

G1: Is pretentious
G2: Makes absurd joke
G3: Won't attack GAFers when butthurt
G4: Record number of E3 related bans
G5: Redeemed

O1: Makes more awesome gifs
O2: Posting irritating comments and 1up people's joke
O3: Redeemed
O4: Cry because of Kirby Wii U
O5: Huge rant if Star Fox and F-Zero = No show

HylianTom

Banned
BY2K, that has to be one of the cleverest implementations of an E3 bingo card I've seen. Using themed member squares could have some hysterical or sad consequences.

I might have to invest in a box of AlphaBits for the conference, just in case my box gets checked..

Terrell

I don't know when you were last here, so I picked a random five-digit number to start on. :p

#10603: Ben10: Omniverse announced for Wii U

#10776: Capcom to have no playable Nintendo games at E3

#10824: Ubisoft seeks to capitalize on 'social game benefits' of next-gen consoles

#10841: Analyst believes ubisoft will have F2P Wiiu titles this year:

#10961: [Ubisoft] will have five casual titles and two core titles.

#11097: via linkedin, employee resumés mentioning Wii U projects

#11164: a rumor… about a certain white rapper starring in an E3 promotional video for a first-party Wii U title called "Acid Ghost" aimed at older gamers.

I call bullshit on the Capcom thing, unless they announce at E3 and give a play demo at Tokyo Game Show. But I still think it's a smokescreen.

This "Acid Ghost" is clearly going to be a educational game about the negative effects of psychedelia.

It's an anagram of "Hi cat dogs". Obviously, this is a sequel to one of Nintendo's best selling titles. Makes sense, as they said this is an older trending game, and this series definitely trends higher than a shooter!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jett made this post in some other thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37909187&postcount=42

THAT WAS A PS3 GAME. Now imagine Zelda.

/gg

Zelda could look that good, but I don't think it will. The Uncharted series looks as good as it does thanks to having very small, tightly controlled environment, and minimal interactivity with said environments. The size and scale is all an illusion. Compartmentalisation, heavy scripting and simplistic interactivity allow system resources to really push hardware to the limits.

Zelda, traditionally, is a lot more free form. Individual dungeon components could look that good if they kept the current formula, but the overworld could not.

Besides, the Zelda games are on average much bigger than any of the Uncharted games. Covering a project of that size with the kind of meticulous detail and technical wizardry of Uncharted would be a huge money, time and resource sink.

NateDrake

Acid Ghost?

I'm gonna say that's the Retro game. Trailer has "Til I Collapse" playing.

That would actually be pretty awesome. Would certainly surprise the hell out of anyone at E3 & some of the lyrics would even suit Nintendo & how they are viewed by some gamers....

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
But could Zelda look that good if it was made on Xbox 3?

Sure, but it too would still be very expensive to make. Zelda's dungeons, based on how they work now, could look pretty similar to a lot of Uncharted environments, thanks to the way Zelda dungeons compartmentalise structure and hide loading behind doors. Same goes for the Metroid series. The overworld and larger areas are where problems start popping up. Uncharted's big environments are an illusion. Zelda's are not, they're real, and you can interact with the whole thing.

Plus, generally, Zelda games are bigger, longer, and require on whole (I assume) more assets. That level of detail means more staff, more time and more money.

It's no surprise that the most technologically ambitious games also tend to be the most conservative in gameplay and art asset limitations.

Done!

i5PVzRgFvEc1C.png

B1: Third-Party AAA Title Announced
B2: Blown Away
B3: Mario Paper 3DS
B4: Banned
B5: Referring to new console as "New Sexy"

I1: FIGS IN HIS RECTUM
I2: Not normal
I3: Being cranky
I4: Gets a record deal
I5: Won't post

N1: Banned
N2: FIGS IN HIS RECTUM TOO!
N3: Free Space
N4: Goes insane
N5: Bragging about F-Zero Wii U being revealed

G1: Is pretentious
G2: Makes absurd joke
G3: Won't attack GAFers when butthurt
G4: Record number of E3 related bans
G5: Redeemed

O1: Makes more awesome gifs
O2: Posting irritating comments and 1up people's joke
O3: Redeemed
O4: Cry because of Kirby Wii U
O5: Huge rant if Star Fox and F-Zero = No show

Where's my space? :(

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Sure, but it too would still be very expensive to make. Zelda's dungeons, based on how they work now, could look pretty similar to a lot of Uncharted environments, thanks to the way Zelda dungeons compartmentalise structure and hide loading behind doors. Same goes for the Metroid series. The overworld and larger areas are where problems start popping up. Uncharted's big environments are an illusion. Zelda's are not, they're real, and you can interact with the whole thing.

Plus, generally, Zelda games are bigger, longer, and require on whole (I assume) more assets. That level of detail means more staff, more time and more money.

It's no surprise that the most technologically ambitious games also tend to be the most conservative in gameplay and art asset limitations.

Do you think the Wii U will have enough power, and Nintendo enough resources, to make a game like Mario Sunshine where all the areas are reachable without loading? I always thought it would add tremendously to the sense of exploration if you could, eventually, get to every area of the island by pathways, tunnels or just swimming along the shoreline.

another problem is asset recycling. UC games look like another; one zelda game to another and the whole art style and theme changes.

---
However, I think for the next 3D Super Mario game we will see something totally out of this world.

It's a game that
1. they will have lots of freedom for doing tricks to hide technical limitations (like they did with galaxy)
2. Will sell millions and the investment will be easily returned
3. Can put out sequels with the same assets

SMG on Dolphin looks better than almost any PS3/360 game; I can't imagine what they will be able to do on Wii U

Hiltz

Acid Ghost rumor, huh ? Interesting. It's always fun to look back and see which rumors were utter bullshit. Even for the ones that are real, sometimes they could still be vaporware. Project Hammer and Sadness, we remember!

Dear E3,

We need you now.

P.S. Please be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom