• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 love thread

JUST GIVE ME THE FRIGGIN GAME!!!!!!

Come on Nintendo, I've waited 8 F$%&ING months for a game.

I need something!!!! This deal can't arrive soon enough.

Still pissed they delayed Rayman Legends and this.

Doorman

JUST GIVE ME THE FRIGGIN GAME!!!!!!

Come on Nintendo, I've waited 8 F$%&ING months for a game.

I need something!!!! This deal can't arrive soon enough.

Still pissed they delayed Rayman Legends and this.

Well...Rayman being delayed wasn't exactly Nintendo's fault. It will be fun to see Ubisoft's reaction when that game inevitably tanks, though.

Back on topic, now that we're getting more promotional art and what appears to be the final boxart, do you think this means that we've seen all of the "leader" characters and in turn, all of the major Unite powers? There hadn't been much word about Pink/Yellow/White/Black prior to E3, so it's possible that there's more, but...well at some point you'd run out of easily-formed shapes to work with. Makes for fun food for thought, though, and I look forward to seeing the claws, hammer, and whatever the hell Black (I suspect he may be called Wonder Eyes Gray in the US?) forms in action.

I played this last year at the Wii U Experience and loved it. I do hate that the game was delayed but I'm glad that it's finally coming. I understand people trying to place blame on Nintendo for the delay of some of this great games but like some have mentioned before, this is out of Nintendo's control. Did the delays hurt Nintendo's mindshare to the public? Yes but I rather them take the initial hit like they did and come back with a vengeance with great, quality games (like they did with the 3DS) instead of them rushing those titles (kindof how I felt they did with Lego City) and lose faith with people that the games that finally come out on the system are just rushed and bad. I can't wait for this to come out :) I may not have the time to play it but I will get it day one.

Haha. That would be great but the real reason is because they don't want pikmin and w101 in the same month. Why it's releasing on the 15th and not earlier though is beyond me.
But...this still hurts my soul :-(

Are there any miiverse art for W101?

Can I be hopeful that after the game is released and if it is genuinely good, it gets some positive word-of-mouth advertisement through miiverse.
We can only hope. I'm sure it will be good, but let's hope it's reflected in the sales. I wonder what number they are realistically looking for in that department. They seem realistic most of the time, so I'm curious.

Don't think I've seen any art on Miiverse yet though.

Either way, I still think this game looks insane graphically. So much color, it's crisp as all hell, and the framerate is pretty(so far). The animation tops it off so well too. Such a cohesive piece of work.

Usobuko

Banned
Just wondering, what's the MSRP for Wii U and 3DS games in the UK. On Amazon through 'Top Mover' and I was surprise to see W101 and Pikmin 3 there, for £34.99 and £31.99 respectively.

Comparatively, the PS4/Xbone games are initially set at £54.99.

Any good videos of the latest E3 showing people playing with the gamepad? Managed to find only a good one in youtube, from a french site. The rest were crap that focused on the TV only.

Pikma

Banned
So... I guess I'll try to hurry up with my plans but for that... I think I need your help guys...

You see, I'm planning to giveaway one or possibly two copies of TW101 here on GAF, I'm planning to make a thread for it, I have the contest rules already figured (hint: they're pretty easy) but the requirements are still in doubt, since I really wish to give it away to people who would not get the game (at least on day 1) otherwise since that would kill the point of it. Problem is I'm not sure if thrusting on people's honesty would be enough, what do you guys think?

Also, if someone could help me with the presentation of the thread, that would be AWESOME.

So guys, how do we do this?

SmokeMaxX

So... I guess I'll try to hurry up with my plans but for that... I think I need your help guys...

You see, I'm planning to giveaway one or possibly two copies of TW101 here on GAF, I'm planning to make a thread for it, I have the contest rules already figured (hint: they're pretty easy) but the requirements are still in doubt, since I really wish to give it away to people who would not get the game (at least on day 1) otherwise since that would kill the point of it. Problem is I'm not sure if thrusting on people's honesty would be enough, what do you guys think?

Also, if someone could help me with the presentation of the thread, that would be AWESOME.

So guys, how do we do this?
Might be better to do a giveaway after the game comes out. That way it's a guaranteed sale since most hardcore peeps would get it day 1.

JDSN

Banned
Give it two weeks after release, otherwise you might get people to hold their sales counting on winning this, and make sure to get the all clear from admins first.

SmokeMaxX

Yeah, but that would also beat the point haha -_-

How would that kill the point? They're not going to get it release day anyway since you'd have to ship it to them or get it shipped to them (unless you held the contest hella early). I think an awareness campaign would best be served if it ran at least up to or a little after a game comes out. There's a reason why it's good for Nintendo not to start announcing/advertising games too early- people will forget about them. If I'm a consumer and I see an awesome game, I want it NOW.

Frodo

iYUiSdQjm8OlY.gif

Showing some love... :)

Pikma

Banned
Yeah well, It obviously won't be a day one giveaway, that's for sure. I meant the campaign/contest, not the actual delivery of the game.

Air

Banned
I haven't been keeping up with this thread because I've been so busy, but when I can sit down, I'll read through it and update it.

_Clash_

Anyone want to speculate on the multiplayer? smash bros style to ease the wait? I imagine each hero selectable with unique abilities in arena battle.

Would be amazing.

Tenki

You could also make the giveaway before the game's out, so this way the people who don't win will buy the game day one and nobody will wait until the giveaway is done.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to speculate on the multiplayer? smash bros style to ease the wait? I imagine each hero selectable with unique abilities in arena battle.

Would be amazing.

I think it's just co-op and separate from the single player game

but idk

Air

Banned
If anybody here has played the game, would you guys be able to summarize your experience in a couple of paragraphs? I want to make a testimonial section, so new people can read a bit more about what to expect.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Count me in for a giveaway for W101.

You could also make the giveaway before the game's out, so this way the people who don't win will buy the game day one and nobody will wait until the giveaway is done.
Go with this. Person wins, then once the game's released, they can wait for you to ship it to them. If they don't win, it won't change the fact they'll still buy the game or have it on pre-order (at this point, I'm not counting on a pre-order bonus).

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well the thing is he doesn't want to give it to people who would buy the game anyways. Since that defeats the purpose. He's not contributing to the game's sales that way. He's just paying for another guy's game who now doesn't have to buy it. Essentially changing nothing.

Basically your mistake was posting this in the "Wonderful 101 Love Thread", a thread where the majority of posters probably intend to buy the game at some point. Even if people intend to buy it, they will still play in your contest to get another free one either for a friend or whatever other reason.(Like people taking multiple anarchy codes in the anarchy thread, or white ninja raiden ones)

What you should do is just say fuck contests. If you're serious about this, buy the games on release as planned. Wait a few weeks or longer(so no one in this thread knows when you will offer them up) and then just hand them out in the "free to a good home" thread. Which has a much broader range of people viewing it than any thread dedicated to the game.

If you do recognize a name that posts here or in the OT frequently and probably has played/has the game. You're free to skip over them that way

What do I have to do to make sure this game sells well?
Buy ten copies each, spread the word and most importantly convince a friend who works at a retailer to swap 101 covers with more popular games and refuse refunds when customers find out.

The usual!

Buy ten copies each, spread the word and most importantly convince a friend who works at a retailer to swap 101 covers with more popular games and refuse refunds when customers find out.

The usual!

Ah I see, so this explains why the US release arrives around the same time as GTA5, how devious.

Lucent

It's 20 hours?! Why was he worried about ppl saying the game was short? 20 hours would be amazingly good for a game like this if it throws fun and varied scenerios at you all the time.

I'm praying it's good.

Hadn't seen the Nintendo Direct trailer before. Looks really cool but is there some kind of multiplayer in there or is it just a single player campaign?

Top Bottom