• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TitanFall Beta not open: Invite waves & codes required, staggered to avoid implosion

Mononoke

Banned
@Titanfallgame: "@m0ntakz Everyone who applies will have a chance at getting into the beta, no matter when they register."

So random picks, and not first come first serve? (Making assumptions, I know lol)

I know they said they were going to do this in waves.

quite the opposite - it means people with a life (edit: i.e. busy with work/kids/etc.) or who don't live on PST have a chance of getting in. Don't equate "ability to press f5 constantly" with desire to play the beta!

sure, thats good for those people. But this opens the door for sleazy people to come in with dozens of fake email addresses over the course of registering time and have the chance to get multiple codes to sell. First come first serve is just an overall better way to do things like this imo

Mechazawa

If they're doing it in waves, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that even if you sign up late, you'd still eventually get a code, just maybe not necessarily before the first day.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
sure, thats good for those people. But this opens the door for sleazy people to come in with dozens of fake email addresses over the course of registering time and have the chance to get multiple codes to sell. First come first serve is just an overall better way to do things like this imo

Plus you'd have a lot of spare codes on GAF with folk willing to help other members out.

fade_

So us Europeans are getting screwed, nothing new here.

I'm already in bed so I'm thinking about signing up from my phone. Do you guys think I'll have any issue?

It was either that or piss off us in the US by delaying another day. Easy decision =P

solarus

I'll be on holiday for all of next week. Is it worth me staying up to get an invite or is the beta rumored to run in that time period?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Media Blitz incoming:

5nlj6HD.png

Looks like tomorrow will start something fun.

Jarmel

Banned
quite the opposite - it means people with a life (edit: i.e. busy with work/kids/etc.) or who don't live on PST have a chance of getting in. Don't equate "ability to press f5 constantly" with desire to play the beta!

I hate lotteries especially for stuff like this. Everybody has something better to do but 'first come first serve' does reward people who generally put in more effort, than another individual, to get something.

p3tran

Banned
So many debbie downers in here! Don't worry EU, we need you guys in the beta just as much as the NA players. Our plan, surprisingly, isn't to screw half the gamer population. Crazy, I know!
hype restored, coffee brewed.

/picks up DKo5, puts him over shoulders and starts jumping up&down :)

Don't get the process of this beta. Microsofts servers should be able to handle every x1 owner downloading and playing this game. Why don't they just make this shit open and have a real stress test.

Don't get the process of this beta. Microsofts servers should be able to handle every x1 owner downloading and playing this game. Why don't they just make this shit open and have a real stress test.

marketing

this is exactly what these guys did with CoD4 before call of duty was a massively selling game and they are going for the same strategy here

btw, cod4 beta website crashed instantly

Archpath1

marketing

this is exactly what these guys did with CoD4 before call of duty was a massively selling game and they are going for the same strategy here

yea it sure did, it was crazy

beta was fun as shit though, heres to this one.

Mononoke

Banned
marketing

Yeah, this will no doubt crash. It's going to be one of those situations too where people actually get through, fill out the form and sign up and then it crashes as you submit it. People will rage out etc. Happens all the time in these kind of things.

My best advice is to not give up. Keep refreshing over and over and over and over and just keep trying. I've gotten into many events doing this. I feel like some people give up after the first 15 min. To be fair, you need to be kind of crazy to keep at it until you get it. But assuming this might be "random" and not first come first serve, might be pointless to try that hard.

aranth

3 AM, oh well I was planning on staying that late anyway. Work at 8? No problem, 4 hours of sleep per night is what I'm used to. Although I'm pretty sure servers will implode in 78 minutes and no one will be able to sign up for hours.

Hurley

Having trouble keeping my eyes open,but...only a little bit over an hour to go.

I'm getting this beta, I'm fucking getting it.

djblue89

I'm in class now, have 58% battery life left on my Macbook and 37% left on my iPhone which is tethering my network... please don't die on me !

Top Bottom