• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chained two mega kills together today on Smuggler's Cove. Just went off on a group of poor guys camping behind the buildings on main turret side. Damn, I almost felt bad. It was just cluster missles, 40mm fire, and crushed pilots for about 30 seconds straight.

ok so anyone else's game running like rubbish after the latest PC patch?

stuttering all over the place and the audio issues are even worse.. wtf
I lost around 5-10 FPS on average with the last patch (when I'm not at 59-60 FPS, which happens often), and I was already dipping to <40 in 1v1 Titan fights across any video settings.

I haven't had audio issues; are you getting static and hissing? There's a fix for that.

HelloMeow

I'm not sure how long I can keep up with playing matchmaking games. For every game, it seems that I have to fuck around with the menus and matchmaking for 10 minutes.

I think that any time now it's going to be the last straw and I'll just stop playing Titanfall altogether. The game is amazing, but I feel like I'm just wasting my time trying to play it.

Obscured

Nerf the triple threat IMO gun is annoying

As I was doing the regen challenge for that one I was kind of thinking the same thing, that it would be frustrating to play against (I was running a stryder with smoke and mine field), but I have barely run into anyone using it against me in all of the games I've played.

I'm still trying to decide if they've done a great job balancing all of the different aspects of this game or if there are just enough options to confuse people.

Megatron

I got an xb1 this weekend. I already had TF360, but I was able to trade it into Best buy for $39 then price match walmart who had the xb1 version for $40. Nice little upgrade. I liked the 360 version but the difference is very noticeable on the new hardware.

Gen 5 challenges are behind me at level 48. Spitfire and Brain Surgeon hell here I come!

I've never had a chance to use minefield with the Triple Threat unfortunately. Triple Threat isn't too bad to deal with if you have a Stryder or Atlas with a dash quick charger, but that weapon is the bane of the slow.

Damn, was just in the middle of an epic Attrition comeback on the jungle level. Just going nuts in Stryder + Triple Threat and then lost connection right before the end. Oh well, I should stop playing for the night anyway. But damn Titanfall, way to tease me and leave me short of completion.

infe|2no

Neo Member
Gen 5 challenges are behind me at level 48. Spitfire and Brain Surgeon hell here I come!

I've never had a chance to use minefield with the Triple Threat unfortunately. Triple Threat isn't too bad to deal with if you have a Stryder or Atlas with a dash quick charger, but that weapon is the bane of the slow.

thanks to the booster x1.8 Gen.6, you'll level up so fast!
i am looking forward to be Gen.7 asap, i relly like the tag for this gen ^^

218900tag.png

HelloMeow

a6yaCFf.png

This is..

It's quicker and easier to find a game of Crysis 2, which has less than 100 players world wide, than Titanfall. I'm done waiting and wasting time to play 6 minutes of Titanfall.

It takes minutes to find a game. Then it takes minutes before said game starts and then it takes up to a minute to load. After the game is finished, it splits up the teams and the waiting starts all over again.

Tawpgun

It's just I can dodge every other Titan
Gun but if someone is firing triple threats I just back away, no point in trying to deal with them.

Anyone here having trouble getting people to play Titanfall? I've had good luck just handing friends the controller and have them play but barring that I've had no luck.

Anyone here having trouble getting people to play Titanfall? I've had good luck just handing friends the controller and have them play but barring that I've had no luck.

Hardly anyone aside from slaughter parties are out there (East Coast). Hardpoint is dead. Both Attritions (which are unfortunately the most populated) are difficult to find games for.

Hardly anyone aside from slaughter parties are out there (East Coast). Hardpoint is dead. Both Attritions (which are unfortunately the most populated) are difficult to find games for.

Damn, that was the reason I had difficulty finding a Hardpoint game last night? Didn't realize this game was becoming such a ghost town. Hardpoint is my favorite gametype and it took me like 10 mins of searching to find a game. Ugh.

Damn, that was the reason I had difficulty finding a Hardpoint game last night? Didn't realize this game was becoming such a ghost town. Hardpoint is my favorite gametype and it took me like 10 mins of searching to find a game. Ugh.

I'm not sure how it is on evenings. Weekends tend to be a bit healthier, but people are probably just piling in on the variety and attrition Expedition playlists due to that's the best way to play those maps.

It doesn't help that many of the players active now are rolling in 4+ parties/groups. With the way the matchmaking works, it can be a turn off to a lot of newer players. Hard to learn anything in those situations outside of kill cams.

Reading the posts about player population and finding games is ****ing depressing (in a gaming sense). I love the game to bits and to see it dropping off is sad.

I had a few games last night and it was 3 vs 4 for a lot of one of the matches. The matchmaking still seems weird in that a lobby can have 4 v 5 players and the next player that joins gets put into the 5 player lobby thus causing an even larger imbalance.

The Cowboy

Graham Smith of RPS - the person who originally reviewed Titanfall for the site - gives his opinion on Respawn's removal of the CTF playlist:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/20/titanfall-removes-game-modes/
Neat (thanks for posting this), i was hoping RPS would run a story on this, its nice to see a popular site speaking out against this (its also disheartening that so many haven't). I hope others who don't like what Respawn have done email/contact all the other gaming sites and request they run a story on this, this sort of thing really needs to be called out.

These 2 lines in the article are exactly my issue with this whole situation, and they are why i won't buy another Respawn game (they can change this by putting things back and apologizing for what they did).
Not being able to play my favourite mode at all is not a better experience than having to wait five minutes to find a match. Even if Respawn or EA disagree, doesn&#8217;t paying for the game mean players should be able to make that decision for themselves?
So I suppose my question is, if I can&#8217;t predict that what I&#8217;m paying for will still exist even two months after release, why would I ever buy an EA or Respawn multiplayer game again? And for as long as anyone buys the game based on the modes still being advertised on the game&#8217;s own website (without any mention of those modes being essentially unplayable) can those customers have a refund if they want one?

Squoig

Banned
My question is why aren't PC gamers playing Titanfall? I've not had any problems joining games on the Xbox One version. I thought that the PC gaming community would be all over this style of game.

What gives?

My question is why aren't PC gamers playing Titanfall? I've not had any problems joining games on the Xbox One version. I thought that the PC gaming community would be all over this style of game.

What gives?

Could be a combination of poor marketing, outdated disdain for Origin, COD stigma, and alternative shooters that many in the consumer pool are already well invested in to not care to get into an unproven franchise.

And Xbox One isn't that healthy. Gets a bit better once most people get out of work/school, but anything other Attrition can take quite some time getting into. Worse if you're a random as parties are the ruling faction.

Edit: Variety Packs are a bit more populated, but then it's just a luck of the draw on the map/modes.

My educated guess will be that it has something to do with the price (there are a lot of fps out there in pc land and a bunch of them are free) , is not very well optimized for what a lot of people says, is origin exclusive, yeah i know, i know, but it doesn´t change the fact that a lot of people don´t like EA, me included, and the game lacks some basic features that clearly has hurted them specially on pc, not server browser, no bots, no single player

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
*shrug* I actually haven't had many issues getting into games on the Variety Pack playlist, I guess I've been lucky.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well I'm on PC, which is what most are saying is dead. Eastern time evening and late-ish hours. Granted I would certainly not object to a server browser.

Alright, screw the Brain Surgeon challenge. Don't have the LMG yet, but can tell that it's going to be one of the worst.

Oh well, it's got nothing on 100 wins/50 mvps/50 Goosers.

infe|2no

Neo Member
i 'll be ready in 30 min, just finished my xbox fitness workout ^^

need to relax, which mode do you play guys? i have enough of attrition and i have more win in hardpoint. more than 55%

Obscured

Alright, screw the Brain Surgeon challenge. Don't have the LMG yet, but can tell that it's going to be one of the worst.

I started that one early and it was frustrating. Once you get the LMG and particularly once you get Slammer on the LMG then it is kind of ridiculous how quick a titan goes down. However expect quite a few "how the hell did that guy step on me" moments.

Special C

The worst for me by far has been Dropping a Titan on 50 enemies, sure it is not taking as long as 100 wins but 100 wins doesn't force you to do anything but..well..play the game. Between that challenge and going for the "All the Hardware Achievment" this gen my K/D dropped from 2.0 to 1.8.

It would be easier if you could have minion detector and warpfall transmitter on at the same time.

infe|2no

Neo Member
I started that one early and it was frustrating. Once you get the LMG and particularly once you get Slammer on the LMG then it is kind of ridiculous how quick a titan goes down. However expect quite a few "how the hell did that guy step on me" moments.

one mag to kill a titan with the slammer, impressive

infe|2no

Neo Member
oooohhhh my bad!! Sorry Respawn i haven't noticed that expedition was included in the normal map rotation ^^'

i can play hardpoint 24/7!!!!!!! this game is awesome!!

Scottiths

Banned
This game could really benefit from a no parties allowed game mode. Just prevent friends from joining you at all to prevent boosting if that is what you are worried about. I am sick of joining a game by myself and being the only one there because the other team is stacked in party chat.

infe|2no

Neo Member
just to say, i am in europe and i started to play at 12:30am to 1:30am and we were full all the time, 6vs6

common US, Titanfall loves you ^^

I can't stand when people talk about k/d in games. Who cares? Focus on win/loss ratio.

At 75/100 wins for Gen 8. Almost done with this goddamn generation...

Tawpgun

CTF is the GOAT game mode now. Anyone online on the bone wanna team up. Literally takes 2 communicating people to dominate now.

I'm glad to be done with Gen 6. The brain surgeon challenge is BS (as are all challenges that require you to "kill" titans). The game says I just now got 50 rodeo kills, but I can tell you I've gotten at least 150 of them. Some games I rodeo kill four titans and when I check my challenge, it only gives me credit for one. I can't find a pattern in how it rewards them either.

Any challenge for titan kills is frustrating because of how the kills are counted.

^ You need to be the very last person to inflict damage on it before they eject or blow up. Dooming it isn't enough.

Anyways... Went 53-3 today and finished Generation 8. The challenges for Generation 9 don't look too bad but the sheer number if them is kind of stupid. Whatever. Last challenges standing between me and Generation 10.

Just can't wait to get rid of this hideous christmas-esque generation chip.

Squoig

Banned
For the Brain Surgeon challenges, don't jump off as soon as it's doomed. Keep firing until the Titan explodes or someone else will steal the credit.

Brain Surgeon is wonky. Sometimes I would not even doom a Titan but get credit for it. Other times I would doom it and kill it and not get shit. Was a very frustrating challenge.

So now that I have been Gen 10 level 50 for awhile, how will I get more burn cards? Once the rewards for my most used weapons dry up, am I just SOL? I thought I read something about resetting challenges.

Spades

I can't stand when people talk about k/d in games. Who cares? Focus on win/loss ratio.

Completely agree. I'm sitting on 81% win ratio after about 300+ games played. Good teamwork helps of course and the game is so much more enjoyable if you're in a party of at least 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom