• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I hate burn cards. It's like whenever I activated one in the beta, I would die quickly. They're bad luck.

Haha I know that feeling! Near enough every single time I used one I would die when I turned the next corner.

I also just remembered I booked off next Friday weeks ago without realizing Titanfall comes out next week.

antitrop

I pre-ordered from Gamefly, hopefully keys go out in time to preload. I have Wednesday the 12th off work, so I can see myself playing it pretty much all night Tuesday after I get off work and all through Wednesday.

Gonna have to stock up on energy drinks...

Milennia

Amazing OT.
Sad i was sleeping when this went up but I'm here now :D
Im in for a midnight event at bestbuy.

If they had a launch event in Manhattan i would have gone :/

Have a case of monster in the fridge for tuesday.

Rushing to 10th prestige.

I pre-ordered from Gamefly, hopefully keys go out in time to preload. I have Wednesday the 12th off work, so I can see myself playing it pretty much all night Tuesday after I get off work and all through Wednesday.

Gonna have to stock up on energy drinks...

Will join you...Was going to wait on the PC...But the closer it gets, the more I want to double dip on day one. And I have busy month of ahead of me as well....Oh lord..What to do.

I'm ready...now..How do I signal? HOW DO I SIGNAL!?

idDMXROXXjtGN.jpg

antitrop

I thought something cool about the game is how leaders of the AI squads are named after devs.

In the Beta I found Captain Zampella and Captain Fukuda (Steve Fukuda, Game Director). I also heard there's a Captain Slayback!

FDBMath

I am almost ready for this. Traded in BF4 yesterday and put the money towards it, COD Ghosts will follow soon.

This week is going to go so slow...

Dabanton

I feel like something revolutionary about Titanfall is the way they assuage frustration from fail states.

Your Titan is doomed? You get to eject way up into the air and rain down rockets onto the battlefield, and it feels amazing.

You got killed? If you have a Titan available, you can respawn into the battlefield inside of it. Or even just being able to select another Burn Card immediately makes you less frustrated for dying.

Your team lost the round? Get to the choppa! Still fun.

This is what I took from the beta and what other big FPS games don't do. I've been on the end of being obliterated in those games and it's not fun at all you can just see people leaving the server. I fight to the bitter end though.

I love that in the TF beta even if my side was getting walloped. I was still having fun. Even the dash for the ship is it's own little game as the last scrags of your team race their Titans (if they have them) to the drop point and have them set up a guard point as you wait for the countdown to end.

Kyzon

Awwwwwwwwwwwww shet son!!!

I'm delegating all of my manager duties to a couple poor saps as soon as this drops (pun intended).

Mini-vacation inside a Sports Utility Titan here I come.

Milennia

I hope we get some weapon charts at some point.
Symthic doesn't seem interested :/

With how the maps played put in beta and judging from the layouts of the others, most engagements should still be medium-long on foot.

Im assuming the hemlok will be huge.. Well, a starburst hemlok for this very reason.
As well as the stealth/run n gun kits obviously.
If the C.A.R is actually classified as an SMG yet plays like an AR, it would be ridiculous with run n gun.

I have not played an online multiplayer since Gears of War. Looking forward to this game. Will need to play with anyone as my friends either don't have an Xbone or they are not interested…
Hopefully there will be a good community here I can latch on to!

The amount of salt over this game has been over the top and I'm glad its nearly here!

Hopefully the Heavy Titan is worth it. Can never stand going as Medium class on games...

On the PC side, has there been any word on what anti-cheat software it will use? I really hope it isn't Punkbuster... I hate that program.

Milennia

We should have a gamertag/origin sheet :D

I need to fill my list with Titanfall peeps.
Im in for the xbox one version.

RyudBoy

Titanfall (digital purchase) day one and Dark Souls II preordered from Best Buy. Next Tuesday is gonna seem like forever to arrive.

Gorillaz

Thats interesting the way they handle prestige in this. So all challenges must be completed plus you get more XP each time....hmm

nice OT, OddOne

Milennia

#stryder

Starting and staying with the high risk and high reward titan.
Getting decent at that should work wonders in the long run, as i absolutely shit on people with it every chance i got in the beta.

Hopefully it doesn't reset when you prestige -.- really don't want to replay the campaign 10 times for the stryder.

Murmur

Awesome OT!

Simply can't wait... if only I could ship the family away for the week! I'll be feigning insomnia so that I can run to get some more rounds in each night ;)

TheOddOne

It's not showing up right on my phone and my PC is not turning on so I haven't seen it in all its glory yet :'(
Minus has been hit or miss today, which is strange because they are usually pretty stable. Normal uploads even fail for no reason.

Refresh a couple of times and see if it's fixed.

Milennia

Im first now noticing that 3 of my preferred unlocks are all halfway to cap and higher :/
Means i wont have access to them for very long until prestiging..
The C.A.R
Stealth kit
Hemlok.

Great OT! I really should get on pre-ordering so I can get my $10 rewards from Best Buy. I am pumped to have a game to dig into on my XB1 again.

I wanted to poop on your lawn, OddOne, I really did, but rewriting your OT ended up being too much fun. I wonder if anyone caught my 'meatbags' line.

I said it already, but I'll say it again, looks great! Standing by for Titanfall.

Milennia

Great OT! I really should get on pre-ordering so I can get my $10 rewards from Best Buy. I am pumped to have a game to dig into on my XB1 again.

If i have a free my bestbuy membership (as in not paid) can i still get the 10$ in rewards points?
Is it for everyone, or just paid members?

The Cowboy

On the PC side, has there been any word on what anti-cheat software it will use? I really hope it isn't Punkbuster... I hate that program.
I'm wondering this to, the beta had aimbots and other cheats and it lasted only days - you can bet they're ready for release day if nothing has changed in terms of anti-cheat.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Take note of how Titanfall was only really shown first in June 2013.

NINE month "turnover" from hype to an actual tangible product you can play. This is how it should be in this industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom