• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Ooh please do try :D

The HUD's shape is to thin for a 100x125px avatar, though.

Who's gonna make me a Titan wearing a beanie?

ibtKVn4mGoh9H8.jpg

TheOddOne

OT is not Mobile friendly =[ blah but very informative
I had a lot of info and in text form it would be pretty boring—but with some graphics it becomes a little more tolerable. Also getting the stuff to work with the light and dark theme was one of my main focuses.

So yeah, choices :|

TheUsual

Gold Member
I don't know why, but I decided to preorder the PC physical release off of Amazon. Release date delivery...so there's that!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm on spring break the week this comes out. I am probably going to do nothing with that time but play this.

Can't come soon enough. It's funny, I'm really bad at online shooters thus don't really like them but the balance, movement and enemy grunts I encountered in the beta just made me feel like I always stood a chance. More importantly it was fun as hell even when I was getting mowed down by other pilots.

Most multiplayer trophies are bad, but these actually look fun to get without having to grind. They should add to the experience which most achievements don't.

Take note of how Titanfall was only really shown first in June 2013.

NINE month "turnover" from hype to an actual tangible product you can play. This is how it should be in this industry.

Yeah, but doing things that way leads to people claiming the game's hype is purely "manufactured" or some other dumb shit. Real gameplay played by real game players started the hype train, not a long series of production value- and tech-focused marketing videos and previews that stay away from showing off or demonstrating real gameplay until much nearer to release. It's a much more honest way of getting the ball rolling when you demo the core product rather than spend months and years selling a concept.

antitrop

None of the Achievements look impossible, which seems completely unusual for a MP shooter. They always fuck up online achievements! Glad Respawn didn't.

Not really like I care, though, I'll be playing on Origin. Who gives a shit about Origin Achievements?

Nobody. Nobody cares.

Milennia

Most multiplayer trophies are bad, but these actually look fun to get without having to grind. They should add to the experience which most achievements don't.

Dat 0 point 10th prestige though.
Still going for it, and will get it in a timely manner depending on how much the challenges to prestige end up sucking in actual gameplay :/

I hate playing like I'm drunk just to complete a challenge.
REALLY dislike challenges that make you do stupid crap you wouldn't normally do in actual play.
BF4 gets the sake criticism.

But thankfully.. In this game they don't lock weapons behind them, just prestige.

Not playing for achievements, i just want my 10 prestige so i can kick back and hop the leaderboard, shits fun. Until competitive server browsing etc. is patched in. (If i decide to partake in it, depends on how quickly i hit the ceiling)

I apologize if it's been covered but i haven't played nor have seen much about customization...

How deep does the weapon customization go? I've seen a suppressor, acog, holo sight, iron sight, scatter fire and extended magazine. I'm guessing there will be a handful of attachments but nothing like camo, correct? I'm also assuming there is no pilot or titan appearance customization? Changing camo or armor etc on your titan and pilot would have been neat. Think Halo armor customization.

Nori Chan

I apologize if it's been covered but i haven't played nor have seen much about customization...

How deep does the weapon customization go? I've seen a suppressor, acog, holo sight, iron sight, scatter fire and extended magazine. I'm guessing there will be a handful of attachments but nothing like camo, correct? I'm also assuming there is no pilot or titan appearance customization? Changing camo or armor etc on your titan and pilot would have been neat. Think Halo armor customization.

It doesn't seem like camo or armor for either titan or pilot will be in :\

Really wanted it too

Milennia

Not super crazy on that front.

Its still 4 options for mods and 4 options for attatchments for all weapons judging from the list.

Maybe even 3 mods for some weapons.
But titan weapons also have mods so thats a plus.
There isn't any pilot cosmetic customization no, nor titan.

Milennia

None of the Achievements look impossible, which seems completely unusual for a MP shooter. They always fuck up online achievements! Glad Respawn didn't.

Not really like I care, though, I'll be playing on Origin. Who gives a shit about Origin Achievements?

Nobody. Nobody cares.

You should know theres probably a dude who only cares about origin achievements.

That guy.

coughlanio

Take note of how Titanfall was only really shown first in June 2013.

NINE month "turnover" from hype to an actual tangible product you can play. This is how it should be in this industry.

The entire cycle seems to have moved fairly quickly, considering Respawn weren't really a thing until 2011. Probably one of the perks of being multiplayer only.

Not super crazy on that front.

Its still 4 options for mods and 4 options for attatchments for all weapons judging from the list.

Maybe even 3 mods for some weapons.
But titan weapons also have mods so thats a plus.
There isn't any pilot cosmetic customization no, nor titan.

Ok not too bad. I'm not super into the crazy level of customization COD and BF provide... I just really wanted to pimp out my titan. Would have been cool to see different colored titans all over the battlefield and know... "Oh that big red camo one over there is mine!" at a glance.

Nokterian

Fantastic OT! But goddamn it for EU we need to wait almost 3 days. Yes i can do VPN but it's pretty stupid EU is getting so late.

I have had the Xbox One sitting boxed and completely unopened on the floor of my bedroom since Christmas Day. When I get this game will be the day I crack it open.

From the OT - Challenges range from playing 10 rounds to doing specialized kills with a Titan. You earn a set amount of XP for completing these challenges,
but also unlock loadouts, cosmetic armor and so forth.
Can someone confirm this? Didnt think they had any kind of cosmetic customization, but would be super psyched if they did.

Great OT! It's hard to believe that one week from tonight, I'll be picking this up at midnight. I absolutely can not wait. It's been far too long since I ripped a pilot out of his Titan.

I have had the Xbox One sitting boxed and completely unopened on the floor of my bedroom since Christmas Day. When I get this game will be the day I crack it open.

Eh, that sounds crazy given the chance that it may be found to be defective and getting closer to being out of warranty. I would get on opening and updating that immediately, if only because you will need an hour or more to download and update prior to playing TF.

antitrop

I think Microsoft was too worried about matching the release window of the PS4, they really should have just waited until March 11th to truly launch the Xbox One.

Ocho

I hope we get some weapon charts at some point.
Symthic doesn't seem interested :/

With how the maps played put in beta and judging from the layouts of the others, most engagements should still be medium-long on foot.

Im assuming the hemlok will be huge.. Well, a starburst hemlok for this very reason.
As well as the stealth/run n gun kits obviously.
If the C.A.R is actually classified as an SMG yet plays like an AR, it would be ridiculous with run n gun.

We gotta do it the old way, with our own personal analysis.

We should have a gamertag/origin sheet :D

I need to fill my list with Titanfall peeps.
Im in for the xbox one version.

Yes, please. I need people to play with on PC (since BF GAF aren't interested in this game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom