• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VASPER

Banned
Awww yiss aww fucking yiss. Pre-ordered my limited months ago and have $60 sitting on my account for the DD day one. Can't wait.

Navy Bean

Considering I played the shit out of the beta with only 2 maps, I'm a bit worried how much time I'll lose with 15 maps and additional unlocks...lol. My guess for best unseen maps are Corporate and Outpost.

cool_dude

Banned
Game is too much fun with my xbox live buddies. Need to postpone some exams at the end of this month so i can play non-stop.

Blu10

Considering I played the shit out of the beta with only 2 maps, I'm a bit worried how much time I'll lose with 15 maps and additional unlocks...lol. My guess for best unseen maps are Corporate and Outpost.

Agreed... Took tuesday off to play, unfortunately I have to travel for work on Wednesday and Thursday. Actually thought about taking my system with me lol.

shandy706

iyDIBOOfxXbKa.gif

ibbLoBSjpfUr0X.gif

i7enirjCIWREL.gif

I don't think I'll get much play on tuesday, but luckily for me I have Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off. It would be nice if you could jump in the maps offline or with a group of friends just for the propose of finding good parkour routes.

I don't think I'll get much play on tuesday, but luckily for me I have Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off. It would be nice if you could jump in the maps offline or with a group of friends just for the propose of finding good parkour routes.
Vince said in a tweet that private games would be added in a patch post-launch. Kind of lame that it's not included at launch since it's such a basic feature but at least it's coming.

shandy706

I should pre order from newegg to get the promo $10 credit

its finnaly time :D I'm hyped

let's do thissssssss

Do Newegg game pre-orders come the day of release?

Edit* My research says no. Apparently they only ship the game on the launch date, not before (so you don't get it on release day). Anyone preordered a game there before? I only buy parts from NE...never bought a game.

More hidden tid=bits..

pre_1393877886__tf2.png

Hammond Robotics building in background and museum exhibit (i think thats what it says) of Boneyard on the right.

edited for bigger pic

BD1

Banned
Nice OT.

Oh man, oh man, I was addicted to that beta for the few short days I played it. I cannot wait to play this next week. I am half tempted to take a day off from work and just play the fucking thing from midnight until I pass out from sleep depravation….

WizzNARD

So dumb question here, but the xbox one can download while turned off correct? Like I could start downloading before work, turn it off and it'll be (hopefully) ready when I get home?

Like I said dumb question.

FDBMath

So dumb question here, but the xbox one can download while turned off correct? Like I could start downloading before work, turn it off and it'll be (hopefully) ready when I get home?

I would just leave it on. In my experience, it doesn't have any of the heating and freezing issues of the 360.

BraXzy

I may try to find a cancelled Collectors Edition on launch day...
titanfallcefeb2014_14022621_616.jpg

I'm gonna have to clear a nice big spot for it in my not so big room :L

I'm tempted to grab a digital version anyway just so I can hop instantly into it at anytime.

It most definately will, obviously leave it powered at the wall though.

Bizazedo

More hidden tid=bits..

pre_1393877886__tf2.png

Hammond Robotics building in background and museum exhibit (i think thats what it says) of Boneyard on the right.

edited for bigger pic

Nice catch, made me look closer elsewhere. The shoes are a reference to the Stryder in the first gif.

shandy706

Ended up ordering a second physical copy (not CE) from Microsoft's store. They offer release day delivery if you order before the 9th. Canceled my non-CE Newegg copy as all you get is a silly, single map, guide with it.

You also get a $10 Xbox Giftcard right now on Microsoft's site. I did the "mobile" signup they offer and got 5% off to make up for taxes/shipping.

Nice catch, made me look closer elsewhere. The shoes are a reference to the Stryder in the first gif.

Yeah very cool of them! I think the grill emblem on the taxi on the left is likely something as well. And the shot of the guy being pulled into the titan has something written on the "parking" street sign next to him but i didn't check.

dreamfall

im falling for the hype machine and I dont have money :(

I told myself it wouldnt happen dammit

Same here... :/

I played the beta, and had a blast.

But I'm not much of an FPS enthusiast- it was a lot of fun, seeing that I hadn't really played a competitive shooter since COD4.

Salsa

But I'm not much of an FPS enthusiast- it was a lot of fun, seeing that I hadn't really played a competitive shooter since COD4.

it extra-hurts when I pre-ordered BF4 full price and then all that shit went down and now barely any of my friends play it..

WizzNARD

It most definately will, obviously leave it powered at the wall though.

Thanks! I figured it did, but just wanted to double check. Can't wait for this damn game. As others have said, it feels like the beta is a distant memory even though I played it for 20 hours or so. 3/11 cannot get here fast enough.

I'm not either, I suck at FPS games, I dislike FPS games, but this one did something to me and i went all in on the product..it's just really fun and I dont get flustered about dying or anything its just refreshing experience..to me it feels like going into the arcade

dreamfall

it extra-hurts when I pre-ordered BF4 full price and then all that shit went down and now barely any of my friends play it..

I held steadfast against the hype! And then watched the botched launch, the problems with PC crashes and real outcry against everything Dice related. It was pretty depressing. I figured I'll hop on BF4 much like BF3- buy it for $5, and never spend enough time with it.

It's what I'm slightly worried about- not going in and launch, and just hoping that the community stays intact for a long time.

I'm not either, I suck at FPS games, I dislike FPS games, but this one did something to me and i went all in on the product..it's just really fun and I dont get flustered about dying or anything its just refreshing experience..to me it feels like going into the arcade

I'm also terrible! But it was just damn fun! Titans falling from everywhere, scaling building walls effortlessly, trying to aim frantically at someone wall-running! It was pretty great- all I played was Hardpoint domination, and really enjoyed defending territories. The maps were beautiful!

TRios Zen

So ready for this, but of course travelling for work on the 12th. One night of Titanfall than a forced break for 3 days. Boo.

Milennia

For now ill add whoever posts :D
My gamertag is : Boomz12

Soon to be renamed, i will edit and repost when i do in the coming days.

RealMeat

Banned
What do you guys think the go-to mode will be? Last Titan Standing was my favorite from the beta.
Also, i'm RealMeat on Origin (PC).

Amir0x

Banned
Lovely thread, and also a side big up to RazorUK one last time for all the info he managed to rip from the BETA to aid in this endeavor :D

Goomba64

Banned
Call of Duty: Titanfall? Leaked info on Sledgehammer's game

Youtuber Drift0r, who leaked accurate Ghosts information last year has a new video on next CoD
- very futuristic
- hugeTitanfall like gun
- good lighting physics
- "Oblivion movie" looking map

Sorry my junior status doesn't allow me, maybe someone else can make a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom