• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion runs at 1080/60 on PS4, 900/60 on Xbox One

Either: A. Devs didn't bother to put in any effort with the Xbox One version (like many other devs)

B. The development tools haven't matured enough and/or the devs haven't figured out how to use the ESRAM effectively

A: Care to name these Devs?
B: Esram is a clutch for wheelchair bound DDR3.

Yeah I don't get that argument either (this is not a master race thing) but if you have a gaming pc and prefer to game on your couch then why not hook it up to your TV?

unless the gaming pc thing is false then inventing false excuses because forum and internet and reasons.

Because it is less hassle? I have my PC in a separate room with a computer desk.

But sure...I'm making it all up, because I really want to win this war of words with a person I will never meet in my lifetime. Sure.

In real life, boasting that my chosen gaming platform can display at a higher resolution gets me nowhere.

But on the internet, responding to a forum post that derided your chosen gaming platform can get you farther than you ever imagined.

Steam Machine!

Not to get into this whole debate but a Steam Machine is not any different than any pre built PC's that's been around forever, except ship a controller designed around an OS that won't even support this particular game.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Yeah I don't get that argument either (this is not a master race thing) but if you have a gaming pc and prefer to game on your couch then why not hook it up to your TV?

unless the gaming pc thing is false then inventing false excuses because forum and internet and reasons.

You got to be kidding me.

Fiddling with Windows on a living room TV is a fucking chore.
Some people can deal with it, buying wireless keyboards with trackpads and shit, but that still doesn't make the experience as fool-proof and easy to use as a console.

And even then. If you have your gaming PC hooked up in the living room for gaming, then all the other functionality (like browsing GAF, Office, work-related tasks) go out the window.
Again, that shit is barely functional in a living room at a normal seating distance from a TV.

Winternet

Banned
Very interesting. Not disappointed at all since the previous entries in the series weren't "mind blowingly" good looking either (and I never played the game for its looks) but definitely wonder why it can't reach 1080p on the Xbox One. The (improved) physics possibly?
I love your positive thinking.

Power-Of-Positive-Thinking.gif

Jomjom

Banned
Even if you had a 900p TV, the console will upscale it, and your TV downscale it, so you still couldn't get per-pixel mapping.

Perhaps they will let you toggle the upscaler. Although I don't really see that happening since so few people actually own native 900p monitors.

Atlas157

Not to get into this whole debate but a Steam Machine is not any different than any pre built PC's that's been around forever, except ship a controller designed around an OS that won't even support this particular game.

That's a good point. But it's still an ease of use machine.

I'll ignore your patronising tone and answer.

I prefer the ease of use, the added media functionality and the controller when using the Xbox One.

So it has better media functionality than Windows 8 on PC? That's news to me.

HDMI~

Bsigg12

Can we please stop bringing this topic up? Let's just enjoy the consoles, play the games, have fun :(

No because we do have a right to know. You're on an enthusiast forum, and we're going to enjoy the game regardless, but we're going to discuss technical differences when they present themselves.

You got to be kidding me.

Fiddling with Windows on a living room TV is a fucking chore.
Some people can deal with it, buying wireless keyboards with trackpads and shit, but that still doesn't make the experience as fool-proof and easy to use as a console.

And even then. If you have your gaming PC hooked up in the living room for gaming, then all the other functionality (like browsing GAF, Office, work-related tasks) go out the window.
Again, that shit is barely functional in a living room at a normal seating distance from a TV.

Yeah, I guess that's true too. I have a TV and a monitor hooked up to my tv on my desk so I don't know how it would be to use a mouse and kb on a couch... yeah I guess it would be a pain in the butt. Nevermind then :D

Bgamer90

Banned
That isn't positive thinking, that is blissfully unaware. He thinks they are some sweet looking tits. Some people will think the Trials on the Bone looks nice, unaware that it is a hairy ass.

What?

It wasn't either of those things. It was simply me wondering if the game's improved physics are a big reason why it's 900p on the Xbox One and nothing more.

And that example is just... Wow.

Sigh. Okay, trials may not look intensive, but it is, and red lynx are focused on delivering a 60 fps experience. The lighting is as I understand all real time. Remember this is a game with a complex level editor.

real time lighting plus 60 fps = sub 1080p resolutions on the Xbox one.

or putting it another way, how many 60 fps titles on Xbox one are even running at 900p? Forza gets higher with baked lighting. What else does?

Shin-Ra

Very interesting. Not disappointed at all since the previous entries in the series weren't "mind blowingly" good looking either (and I never played the game for its looks) but definitely wonder why it can't reach 1080p on the Xbox One. The (improved) physics possibly?
Blame Kojima.
Lazy de..

Either: A. Devs didn't bother to put in any effort with the Xbox One version (like many other devs)

B. The development tools haven't matured enough and/or the devs haven't figured out how to use the ESRAM effectively
In the meantime a game like Wolfenstein is 1080p and 60fps on the Xbox and then this game not. I smell laziness

After reading some replies in this thread, i'm really glad that I don't give a shit about something as trivial as 1080p vs. 900p.
Because I get my enjoyment from playing games, not counting pixels.
Resolution doesn't affect gameplay.
I'm genuinely curious how many people lambasting the Xbox One version actually plan on buying any version of the game.

It's all too easy to run into an Xbox One resolution thread and shout 'embarrassing'..
Can we please stop bringing this topic up? Let's just enjoy the consoles, play the games, have fun :(
I've missed these threads.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
900p the norm? No thanks, I don't like a fuzzy image.

Better not make the XBO your main console this generation then. Like it or not, but the memory setup of the XBO makes it very difficult to get it to it run most modern game engines at 1080p with decent framerates. Some aspects of the GPU also make it worse at this than the PS4.

JaggedSac

What?

It wasn't either of those things. It was simply me wondering if the game's improved physics are a big reason why it's 900p on the Xbox One and nothing more.

And that example is just... Wow.

I wasn't talking about you when I said "he". I was referring to the guy in the picture. And I was being facetious.

People remembered or saw it was an Xbox One exclusive from Insomniac. It was sad really. At least here people have reason to drag the Xbox One through the streets, it can't handle a game like Trials at 1080p, Microsoft really needs to get their shit figured out with the SDK.

Eh that's unfortunate. MS did good with Insomniac as from their split with Sony, they likely have the rights to the SO IP while being funded by MS. I'm not quite sold yet on SO until I see more details and maybe some gameplay but it's a good move for gamers what MS did

theWB27

900p the norm? No thanks, I don't like a fuzzy image.

When people say this it makes me think they just started gaming on a PC that can run anything at 1080p because other than that, on consoles, the "fuzzy" image has been the norm and not the exception up till November 2013. I mean, hell, how'd you make it through console gaming on a tube TV all those years.

Esqueleto

Banned
Can't believe people are surprised and blaming devs. A weaker gpu held back by memory bandwidth and small esram will never keep up with a stronger gpu with no bottlenecks.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
physics.. graphically taxing?
you're kidding right?

Well, they do often run largely on the GPU. Or they will, more and more, as the generation progresses. Especially given the weak CPUs in these consoles. GPU compute is only gonna get more important, and the PS4 definitely has the edge there. That is probably not very relevant to this specific game though (or maybe it is - I don't know how their engine works).

Anon67

900p? Sweet. I'm cool with this. Resolution doesn't really matter for me. A game is a game; my enjoyment will not increase or decrease based on something so minor (IMO).

nampad

Here we go again :)

Hope the next technical news we get will come with an added fun counter because people still need to mention it when talking about technical stuff.

Hoo-doo

Banned
When people say this it makes me think they just started gaming on a PC that can run anything at 1080p because other than that, on consoles, the "fuzzy" image has been the norm and not the exception up till November 2013. I mean, hell, how'd you make it through console gaming on a tube TV all those years.

Standards change. My TV is 1080p, my content should be too.
I'm just opposed to the notion that 900p should become a standard resolution. No thanks.

Oh, and I started gaming on a Sega Master System. I hope I fit your criteria as a "real gamer".

see5harp

Better not make the XBO your main console this generation then. Like it or not, but the memory setup of the XBO makes it very difficult to get it to it run most modern game engines at 1080p with decent framerates. Some aspects of the GPU also make it worse at this than the PS4.

Some people come into these threads to determine which version to buy. Some come in to comment on hardware they do not never will ever own.

Top Bottom