• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion runs at 1080/60 on PS4, 900/60 on Xbox One

Here we go again :)

Hope the next technical news we get will come with an added fun counter because people still need to mention it when talking about technical stuff.

I only raised it in response to the assumption that a game is worthless because of inferior performance. Tiresome.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
51473shc.gif

JaggedSac

Standards change. My TV is 1080p, my content should be too.
I'm just opposed to the notion that 900p should become a standard resolution. No thanks.

Oh, and I started gaming on a Sega Master System I hope I fit your criteria as a "real gamer".

Ah, I see the problem.

Either: A. Devs didn't bother to put in any effort with the Xbox One version (like many other devs)

B. The development tools haven't matured enough and/or the devs haven't figured out how to use the ESRAM effectively

Thanks for the laugh mate, the lazy devs argument always gives me a chuckle.

Lrrr

ESRAM or not, I never would've guessed the X1 would be incapable of displaying 'Trials' at 1080p/60fps. I'm finding that hard to process that right now. Wow.

demolitio

He means taxing to a GPU presumably, and the answer can be yes, you can run physics simulation on a GPU, but it almost certainly isn't in this case.

That's what scares me in the future though. With people like Cerny suggesting physics be done on the GPU and pushing GPU compute as a big feature in the future, how will multi-platforms handle it if the X1 can't keep up there? Seems like a waste of power for most developers or else the X1 will really struggle.

Resolution is one thing, but there's bigger issues in the future if developers want to start using GPU compute and I really don't want it to be something that only exclusives take advantage of while others go for parity but that's more likely.

Anyway, it still surprises me on a game like this considering what it is.

Sad. Really seems like almost every 3rd party XBox One game is going to be sub 1080p. I figured Trials would deliver because it was always optimized so well on the 360.

Bgamer90

Banned
Sad. Really seems like almost every 3rd party XBox One game is going to be sub 1080p. I figured Trials would deliver because it was always optimized so well on the 360.

The majority of Sports, Racing, Puzzle, and Platforming games will more than likely stay at 1080p for the whole gen. Those genres are helping the majority of Xbox One 3rd party games still be at 1080p (at least as of right now).

Games from other genres are pretty much "up in the air" though. Mainly the "AAA action" games.

theWB27

Standards change. My TV is 1080p, my content should be too.
I'm just opposed to the notion that 900p should become a standard resolution. No thanks.

Oh, and I started gaming on a Sega Master System. I hope I fit your criteria as a "real gamer".

Again...as of November 2013...there has been one console that has regularly hit 1080p. The past eight years of console gaming didn't achieve your standard even with 1080p sets being prevalent throughout the whole gen. How'd you manage? The consoles were capable, if the devs chose to do so, but it wasn't the standard. We were still left with a "fuzzy" image.

900p is a standard resolution for a console that can't make 1080p a standard.

Nowhere in my original comment did I make a list of what constitutes a "real gamer." Don't really know why that was said really...

StuBurns

Banned
That's what scares me in the future though. With people like Cerny suggesting physics be done on the GPU and pushing GPU compute as a big feature in the future, how will multi-platforms handle it if the X1 can't keep up there? Seems like a waste of power for most developers or else the X1 will really struggle.

Resolution is one thing, but there's bigger issues in the future if developers want to start using GPU compute and I really don't want it to be something that only exclusives take advantage of while others go for parity but that's more likely.

Anyway, it still surprises me on a game like this considering what it is.
I would guess, and it's only a guess, that if GPGPU ever really takes off with third parties for multiplatform development, it will be limited in use to effects which are just not needed so can be dropped for XBO, for example richer water simulation, or physics based glass shattering, etc.

Really I think it'll just be first parties using it.

see5harp

Again...as of November 2013...there has been one console that has regularly hit 1080p. The past eight years of console gaming didn't achieve your standard even with 1080p sets being prevalent throughout the whole gen. How'd you manage? The consoles were capable, if the devs chose to do so, but it wasn't the standard. We were still left with a "fuzzy" image.

Nowhere in my original comment did I make a list of what constitutes a "real gamer." Don't really know why that was said really...

I do agree that resolution isn't the end all be all but HD televsions weren't even a standard when 360 came out. Me, and a ton of other people used that system with the VGA cord hooked to our computer monitors. Most early affordable HDTV's were 720 DLP and rear projection type sets.

Hoo-doo

Banned

You're just repeating what I said.

A new generation of consoles. 1080p should be the standard.
It has been a standard with PC monitoris, blu-ray movies and HD TV content for a good while.

Why would anyone buy Blu-rays. I mean, DVD quality is fine too right? Just a lil' fuzzy.

aravuus

I've gotten used to seeing these kind of threads but I certainly wasn't expecting to see one for Trials. It's not that good looking, guess I underestimated how much shit is going on in the background.

PS4 version for me anyway tho

For one, Infinity Ward. There is no way Xbox One couldn't run Ghosts at 1080p/60.

Nice.

itxaka

Defeatist
Red lynx just sucks at coding. I mean, not even trials evolution runs at 60fps on a gtx460 on 1680x1050 with everything off. They are just bad at performance methinks.

The majority of Sports, Racing, Puzzle, and Platforming games will more than likely stay at 1080p for the whole gen. Those genres are helping the majority of Xbox One 3rd party games still be at 1080p (at least as of right now).

I don't think this will be the case though. Well, I know racing/puzzle/sports games aren't that demanding. But, these versions had previous generation couterparts (most of them). What will happen when these types of games demand more graphically? like that UFC game that has those amazing character models.

What I hope is that the 60 fps standard remains, I like smooth gameplay.

(I really don't care too much about res, that's the first thing I lower on my pc games when I don't get the framerate I want with all the bells and whistles)

Bsigg12

The first generation of games on a new-gen shouldn't be taxing :/

Do you not remember the first generation of games on the PS3? Poorly designed systems will struggle until things get figured out from devs hammering on stuff and the hardware maker updating the SDK the best they can. Until efficient methods for using the ESRAM are developed, the Xbox One will struggle behind PS4 and even if Xbox One hits 1080/60 consistently later it in its life it'll be missing effects and such that the PS4 is doing strictly due to weaker hardware.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Red lynx just sucks at coding. I mean, not even trials evolution runs at 60fps on a gtx460 on 1680x1050 with everything off. They are just bad at performance methinks.

That was ported to PC by Ubisoft Shanghai though. Redlynx definitely know their shit, as evidenced by what they accomplished on the 360.

For people with both systems like me it's good info to decide a purchase but to totally rule out a system overall due to situations like this is ridiculous. We are supposed to be gamers, it's 2005/2006 all over again and I ain't buying this "karma" or "revenge" bullshit either, it's hypocritical playground none sense .

Some of the very systems that did not outshine it's competition in generations gone by performance wise were highly regarded then and still are now, here, other forums and with gamers in general.

Xb1 only owners, yeah I understand your frustrations but don't let it get to you too much, the game can still be very much enjoyed.

"Lazy devs"

Seriously, you can't keep throwing shit like thata around indiscriminately. Its a baseless insult when you have no clue what it takes to develop a game for Xbox One. You'd think people would have learned from that Famousmortimer business.

Then you should correct me.
It only tells some of the story. What it does to get the resolution up to 1080p is more complex and technically challenging than the up scaling we see in other games. Reprojection is a corner cut, and it isn't proper 1080p, but its image quality is better than even 900p upscaled games imho.

Top Bottom