• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 205 at MSG |OT| Conor McGregor vs Eddie Alvarez | Who Da Fook Are These Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

rumor is Trump is going to attend. it's going to be interesting how people are going to react.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/27/donald-trump-tyron-woodley-fist-ferguson-debates/

UFC welterweight champ Tyron Woodley has a major problem with Donald Trump talking about Ferguson, MO -- warning the GOP nom to shut his mouth about his hometown ... or else.

Woodley's beef is based on the fact that Trump has never been to Ferguson -- yet he mentioned the city in the debates Monday night when referencing cities with bad relationships between cops and citizens.

"I got something for you Donald Trump," Woodley said ... "Quit mentioning Ferguson. Because you ain't never been to Ferguson and that's where I'm from."

"He gotta keep Ferguson out his mouth so he can keep my fist out of his mouth."

"I take that personally because he hasn't been there."

By the way, Woodley ain't a huge fan of Hillary Clinton either. Check out the clip.

Aiii

So not worth it
Thiago Alves missed weight by 6.6 pounds, and Jim Miller has to stop cutting weight and gain some before he weighs in, because if there's more than 5 pounds between fighters NY will cancel the fight.

Apparently Kelvin Gastelum is also going to miss weight, Cerrone already weighed in.

-edit: Miller weighed in within 5 pounds of Alves, Alves loses some of his purse, fight still on.

#OnAmission4Gold ‏@KelvinGastelum 14m14 minutes ago
I will not be fighting @Cowboycerrone 2morrow on account that I couldn't make the wght limit. I apologize 2 cowboy ure a legend. God bless.
Gastelum never weighed in officially.

Skyr

wow Gastelum just wow. Simply unprofessional at this point.
I guess there will be an ultimatum by the UFC to go to middleweight permanently or leave.

So they stack the card so it would hold up even with injuries but they give fights to two guys that are notorious for missing weight and their back up plan weighs in at 189?

Wtf.

Kevin is going to get shit canned. I refuse to believe that he has that much goodwill.

SoundLad

Gastelum....smh

Was really looking forward to the fight. He can't keep missing weight all the time...put down those damn Mars bars.

So they stack the card so it would hold up even with injuries but they give fights to two guys that are notorious for missing weight and their back up plan weighs in at 189?

Wtf.

Kevin is going to get shit canned. I refuse to believe that he has that much goodwill.
I remember hearing Kevin say he used Dolce before and his team was capable of doing what Dolce does from copying him.
I think Conor might be off his rocker as of late

https://twitter.com/MMAMadDale/status/797094517618966528

How many men would sort of challenge Woodly and make serious eye contact with him
Conor has his next fight lined up. 3 division champ?

Gastelum needs to be either cut or heavily, heavily punished. It's not funny anymore. The man misses weight consistently and obviously doesn't take his career seriously. And it's an absolute disrespect to your opponent.

Gutted for Cerrone.

Remf

Such a shame, the Hendricks fight was a good one - I think they'll just force him (can they?) to move up to 185 from now on

They did make him go to middleweight at one time I believe and told him that he would have to hire a nutritionist if he wanted to go back down. Looks like he forgot to renew their membership this time around..... 3rd time missing weight is not a good situation to be in, especially for this card.

Was just reading and the allowance was actually 7 pounds difference the commission was going to allow. And Kelvin didn't even show up to weigh in meaning he couldn't even get to 177lbs for a 170 fight.

Fucking unprofessional beyond belief and for a historic card. Cowboy isn't going to be part of this piece of history because his opponent can't take care of himself. Insane

So after Woodley said 'sup to McGregor and he didn't reply and stared him down instead, this is happening.

HYPHJMJ.png

BZnwqvY.png

Huge Twitter war going down between Woodley and Conor right now. Idk as a McGregor fan I'm worried about this fight now. He's gone full on off his rocker.

Edit - Beat.

Yeah I don't see McGregor having a chance in hell vs Woodley

Whilst McGregor can be funny to watch, shit like this is just childish and annoying. All Woodley did was say hi to him, then Conor decided to act hard and say nothing, but as soon as Woodley stared back he said hi. Then this twitter shit.

Whilst McGregor can be funny to watch, shit like this is just childish and annoying. All Woodley did was say hi to him, then Conor decided to act hard and say nothing, but as soon as Woodley stared back he said said hi. Then this twitter shit.

Yep I get hyping fights. Talking shit about someone you are going to fight is part of combat sports. It always has been all the way back to the early boxing days.

But no reason to be a dick to a dude you aren't even facing and more thank likely will never fight. Especially when Tyron was being nice to him.

It's weird Conor has this like bizarre split personality, as a lot of fighters say he's actually really quiet and nice behind the scenes.

In terms of betting lines a ton of your picks are upsets

Eddie, Woodley, Stephens, and Johnson are all underdogs. Nothing wrong with that but taking some risks! I like it

Ah, I see. In terms of bets, then you're right, they'd all be upsets, but the odds are based on betting trends. People will pick the more popular fighters over the lesser known fighters, they won't necessarily take into account stylistic match ups and other variables like past performances and weaknesses.

Eddie has a more complete game than McGregor, which is why I think he'll win. Woodley is a monster with incredible speed, crafty boxing and is a master as closing the distance so I see him shutting Wonderboy's lights off early. Stephens has legit knockout power, and while he's up against Frankie Edgar, I have a feeling he'll get the KO. Khabib would be my clear favourite of Johnson if it wasn't for the fact his stand up is full of holes and Johnson is terrifyingly fast with his hands and scrappy af - like Stephens, I just have a feeling he'll get this W.

I think Conor might be off his rocker as of late

https://twitter.com/MMAMadDale/status/797094517618966528

How many men would sort of challenge Woodly and make serious eye contact with him

The best analogy I've read about this is that it's like a cub nipping at the tail of a lion.

Woodley would retire Conor if they even came to blows. He even told him at the conference yesterday, "Aye, we punch at a way different level in this weight division. Pack a lunch, brother."

Gastelum needs to be either cut or heavily, heavily punished. It's not funny anymore. The man misses weight consistently and obviously doesn't take his career seriously. And it's an absolute disrespect to your opponent.

Gutted for Cerrone.
dat NY pizza tho. oh and dat papaya king.

Kelvin couldn't resist.

Cowboy might fight in Toronto, still not buying tix

Main card tomorrow will only have 5 fights now, hopefully they don't lost another

Levito

Banned
Conor vs Woodley would be a great fight though because imagine how much you'd make betting on Woodley?

CASH MONEY

BadAss2961

Joanna is reaching Ronda's level of gross behavior and I'm getting to the same point where I can't to see someone tee off on her.
It's just an act, either to promote the fight or get to her opponent. She's still respectful after the fight.

Ronda stays in bully mode.

Shirkelton

Neo Member
How do you not even report how bad your weight cut has been so that at least Cerrone doesn't have to completely dehydrate ?

Funny thing is if he'd reported it, Cowboy might have been able to stop dehydrating, or rehydrate, before weighing-in and get within the five-pound differential New York enforces like Miller did, but because Cowboy weighed in first and Gastelum didn't say shit, the fight is now completely off, with no real alternative.

Levito

Banned
Considering he'd be the heavy favorite? Not much.

Conor would be given the favorite just by his immensely popularly, and that's been the case in most of his fights.

Either way it's amazing that we're talking about this considering Woodley needs to fight Wonderboy next.

Shirkelton

Neo Member
Pretty much anyone in the Welterweight top 10 would murk Conor, but Tyron Woodley in particular, who I don't much care for, is probably the worst possible matchup.

Per Dana White, Gastelum missed weight by 10 lbs. Couldn't get under 181. Says he will never be allowed to fight at 170 ever again but doesn't say he's cut.

I will never root for Kelvin to win a fight again. Shit is ridiculous

The Beard

Conor would be given the favorite just by his immensely popularly, and that's been the case in most of his fights.

Either way it's amazing that we're talking about this considering Woodley needs to fight Wonderboy next.

There's a reason he's been the favorite against his former opponents, and he ended up beating most of them. There's no way oddsmakers would make Tyron the underdog against Conor, they don't pick favorites based on popularity.

Chumley

Banned
Tyron beating Wonderboy would be a more ridiculous upset than Tyron beating Lawler, but it's 2016 so who the fuck knows. I just see Wonderboy knocking him the fuck out via headkick in the first round after toying with him for a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom