• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 205 at MSG |OT| Conor McGregor vs Eddie Alvarez | Who Da Fook Are These Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kindergarten shit. Conor seems to be insane for this fight. Maybe the attention and obligations got to him.

Woodley needs to stop being salty and counter with childish twitter comebacks.

Yes people, these guys are professional cage fighters.
Oh and Gastelum needs to be cut.

Ariel did an interview with Tyron about the whole thing. He comes off really well here imo, and doesn't actually seem all that mad with Conor about it. Seems he thinks McGregor is just doing it to hype things up

https://youtu.be/HgCrKUH6-Ik

Still says he would smash him if he's being serious though lol

VoxPop

Just bought 2 section 100 tix on ebay. Gotta do a local pickup tonight. Got the pair for only 1400 so hoping its real and not some typo for one ticket D:

Word is its Cowboy vs Matt the Immortal Brown at UFC 206

This is a great fucking fight.

Woodley is starting to grow on me honestly, if he beats Wonderboy I wouldn't mind at all.

Woodley is good people. One can only imagine what they'd be saying if he were the one swinging chairs and calling fighters bitches on Twitter.

Incidentally, Woodley refused to take 20% of Gastelum's purse when he failed to make weight for their fight.

Woodley is good people. One can only imagine what they'd be saying if he were the one swinging chairs and calling fighters bitches on Twitter.

Incidentally, Woodley refused to take 20% of Gastelum's purse when he failed to make weight for their fight.

Yep I like Woodley as well. I can see where a little bit of the fan hate comes from. People weren't happy that he sat out for a year demanding a title shot, and they didn't like that he called for a big money fight after getting the belt instead of Wonderboy. But really those are just smart business decisions that he was making / trying to make.

He's a good dude though

Yep I like Woodley as well. I can see where a little bit of the fan hate comes from. People weren't happy that he sat out for a year demanding a title shot, and they didn't like that he called for a big money fight after getting the belt instead of Wonderboy. But really those are just smart business decisions that he was making / trying to make.

He's a good dude though

Truth is though, Woodley was promised a title shot when the Hendricks fight fell through on account of Hendricks failing to make weight. With other streams of income at his disposal through sponsorship deals, his podcast and analyst gig as well as the acting he did on the side, Woodley was sitting pretty while waiting on Dana to make good on his promise, and if you're to believe Woodley, he didn't refuse to fight, he simply wasn't offered any fights after he was promised the title shot. When you put that in context with him keeping cool when Condit got the shot over him whilst being on a 1 fight streak after Woodley beat him, you gotta give Woodley credit for not making a scene and being patient.

Now look where Woodley is at. Dana came through (though Lawler also pitched in on that, asking Dana to give Woodley the shot), Woodley won the strap in horrifyingly dominant fashion, and now he's about to make the biggest cheque of his entire career on 205 against a very beatable opponent. It doesn't surprise Woodley is feeling chill about it all. Hell, if he beats Wonderboy he might actually try to make this McGregor fight happen, though I don't believe for a second McGregor wants any part of him.

/r/mma can be a bit brutal sometimes.
zMuocYs.png

Eddie going to catch a hard fade after that one.

Conor will certainly try.

Man, I wasn't even an Alvarez fight before all this, but Conor trying to cop Frazier's looks and Ali's rhyming is rubbing me the wrong way.

I think it's just a matter of personalities. Jose Aldo grew up in the favelas in Brazil, probably a harder place than any of Conor's other opponents but Conor got WAY into Jose's head.

Fair point, but I don't think it was the trash talking that got to Jose. It was the stunts, the belt grabbing, the laughing in his face, touching him and getting away with it, etc. that got to him.

You are right that it has a lot to do with personalities though. If Conor laid a hand on Nate at any point, they'd be fighting then and there. In fact, it'd be Nate and his crew versus Conor and his crew, and it wouldn't be for publicity, it'd be because Nate is just like that. When Conor punched Nate's hand, that's almost exactly what happened.

I don't think Alvarez would be much different if it got physical, and if Conor is stupid enough to try with Woodley, he's not getting beat up, but he's damn sure getting checked then and there.

With regards to Jose, I think he should have given into that instinct, maybe then the UFC would have done a better job at keeping them separate. Instead, they kinda just let Conor do whatever he wanted because Jose knew how to restrain himself, and ultimately, I'd say the pent up aggression of it all worked to Jose's detriment.

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys are getting worked hard by Conor's gimmick again. The guy puts up a show so he can sell tickets, stop pretending like it actually means anything.

Reading their demeanor fight week they are both somewhat in each others head. Conor has messed with Eddie a bit, Eddie has messed with Conor a bit. I could link some clips where Eddie looks pretty "shook" up as well.

None of this will matter in the fight. Both are far too experienced for that. Its just going to go down to who is able to impose their skill on the other.

MattDoza

You guys are getting worked hard by Conor's gimmick again. The guy puts up a show so he can sell tickets, stop pretending like it actually means anything.

Yeah, it was a lot more fun when it wasn't so obvious. I actually kind of enjoy his shtick a little less with each fight.

Yeah, it was a lot more fun when it wasn't so obvious. I actually kind of enjoy his shtick a little less with each fight.

Yeah I'm not loving how far he is pushing it now days. I liked when he would talk shit but keep it somewhat in check. Lately the whole outfits and throwing things is just a bit much for me.

Still a big fan, mostly because I love the way he fights but I'd like to see him tone it back a bit in his next fight.

Man this is going to be interesting. I'm not as confident as I was earlier in the week but I still lean McGregor.

Pretty crazy how he is the one moving up and he's bigger than Eddie. I think that reach advantage is going to be a factor

Levito

Banned
Ronda's whole "I wont talk to any sort of press or even on the mic" thing is still in full effect. lol

I think Nunes is going to ruin her, my armchair psychologist degree is telling me so.

jay23

Worst part about the Gastalum situation is that it seems like he didn't even want to fight. Dude should have communicated with Dana and cowboy to see if something could be done. Can't believe he couldn't get within 7 pounds on the biggest fight of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom