• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

mr. puppy

Banned
I've faced the 300% from Firebrand before. It was Firebrand/Iron-Man/Sent, and after the first time's novelty wears off, it's just... boring. Don't know why people don't run Firebrand/Iron-Man instead of Firebrand/Skrull. Much better assist, and out of like 100 attempts, I only escaped that shit once through X-Factoring.

It does make fighting Firebrand more intense in the neutral, though.

b/c skrull>>>>>iron man, and most IM players aren't good enough to do his infinite

JeTmAn81

I've faced the 300% from Firebrand before. It was Firebrand/Iron-Man/Sent, and after the first time's novelty wears off, it's just... boring. Don't know why people don't run Firebrand/Iron-Man instead of Firebrand/Skrull. Much better assist, and out of like 100 attempts, I only escaped that shit once through X-Factoring.

It does make fighting Firebrand more intense in the neutral, though.

It's pretty cool to watch since it's so rare, but if Chris G was playing that offense it would get so unhype so fast.

mr. puppy

Banned
If I'm playing Dorm/Dante (or Dante/Dorm), what is the better assist: Tatsu or Lariat? I want a team that is either Dante/Dorm/Haggar or Akuma in the last slot. I know Akuma is a better anchor, but I kinda want a point/point/assist team with Dante/Dorm in it.

onionfrog

I played on an Xbox pad and "plink" dashing was so fucking easy but everything else was impossible. Could not do a dp for the life of me.
The Xbox DPad is ass.

If I'm playing Dorm/Dante (or Dante/Dorm), what is the better assist: Tatsu or Lariat? I want a team that is either Dante/Dorm/Haggar or Akuma in the last slot. I know Akuma is a better anchor, but I kinda want a point/point/assist team with Dante/Dorm in it.
I'd go with Lariat, since neither Dorm nor Dante have and fast normals. I think Lariat would help them both more than Tatsu.

Dante likes the Tatsu more, Dormammu likes Lariat more. Akuma is better for DHCs (2x beam hypers) and is the better solo character.

Dahbomb

Firebrand 300%ing a team is essentially the opposite of hype. It makes MorriDoom look exciting. The very definition of a 1P game.

FB/IM/Sentinel is a completely legit team but its top heavy. FB gets mileage out of all the assists and can do his unblockable. IM goes well with Sentinel and vice versa. Its just a really strong team with Mid-ish tier characters.

Zissou

Clockwork

Finally.

My team since day one! I'm sure clock will come up with crazy stuff for me to steal :D

Doom/Dante THC is pretty legit, even if it's nowhere near the Doom/Ammy version. Best thing about Dante instead of Dog is Dante actually covers Doom's problem match-ups reasonably well
fuck you dormammu!
. Also, with Dante being able to do respectable damage, his team won't be so top heavy either. I hope he sticks with it.

Dahbomb

Aplogyman wasn't even going for the full set up. He mixed up PRRog with resets and went for TACs when he could've just repeated the set up.

mr. puppy

Banned
Aplogyman wasn't even going for the full set up. He mixed up PRRog with resets and went for TACs when he could've just repeated the set up.

well PR Rog is known for mashing the shit out of buttons, its why he has trouble with a lot of japanese players....they can hear what hes pushing buttons. its not surprising he falls for that firebrand stuff

mr. puppy

Banned
Dante likes the Tatsu more, Dormammu likes Lariat more. Akuma is better for DHCs (2x beam hypers) and is the better solo character.

Hmmm.....Do you think Tatsu is weak overall for Dorm? Hes pretty bulky and slow and will probably have a tough time converting off of Tatsu unless teleporting around, but it is a good assist to help him get space if Dante fucks it up?

This is how I feel when I play you too Beef.
I like switching the timing on when I do them if I notice that my opponent isn't mashing until the Air Joe starts. God's Beard tried to counter this strategy by looking at which direction I was holding, so now I don't hit a direction until I decide to do it.

Hmmm.....Do you think Tatsu is weak overall for Dorm? Hes pretty bulky and slow and will probably have a tough time converting off of Tatsu unless teleporting around, but it is a good assist to help him get space if Dante fucks it up?
My experience with the Tatsu assist is that it gets bopped a lot. It works with Wolverine because people are afraid to get in on him without assist support, but for Dormammu everyone is desperate to take a bite. Whenever I called the assist to get space, Akuma would just get hit anyway and I would have to save him. It's also total ass for combos.

Jam Session is only going to let you keep space, not earn it, unless you have your opponent in a blockstring.

If I were to run Dormammu/Dante, Magneto would be my preferred third. EMD is fantastic for Dormammu and Dante, and if Magneto gets snapped in he makes good use of Jam Session with Attraction.

Edit: Fuck TACs. Especially people who know how to glitch them.

Zissou

Japanese anti-Phoenix tech is easy- can definitely do it without even messing around in training mode. Who all can TAC glitch by themselves though?

What's the name of the Japanese player who uses Captain America / Iron Man / Sentinel? I need to find a video of a recent set with him.

Hey how much mileage do you get off of the Hulk anti-air assist? Do you find that it gets hit a lot? That it beats a lot of things? Do you think its easy to convert off of? I've always wanted to do a hulk anchor team using that assist, but never really tried it out.
It hits people a lot, and it beats pretty much everything. It's hard to convert off of because it causes little hitstun. You have to be prepared for it to hit ASAP. Anchor Hulk is not a good idea regardless.

Condor Missile
Thank you.

mr. puppy

Banned
It hits people a lot, and it beats pretty much everything. It's hard to convert off of because it causes little hitstun. You have to be prepared for it to hit ASAP. Anchor Hulk is not a good idea regardless.

i mean the guy runs pw/hulk/wesker, its not like he cares about team synergy

mr. puppy

Banned
He has good team synergy. You should try playing some people here instead of calling their teams out. I'm sure Slasher would wipe the floor with you.

dude don't get upset b/c i called your boring team boring.

i wasn't insulting him, but anybody on here will agree that somebody running wesker last is not a team with good synergy

LakeEarth

Teams with good synergy can still have flaws, ie. Wesker on anchor. His neutral game is hurt, but the team does come with good DHC damage and unblockable setups.

I remember making fun of Abegen's team when I read about it, and then getting proven wrong HARD when I actually saw some matches.

i wasn't insulting him, but anybody on here will agree that somebody running wesker last is not a team with good synergy
I'm not upset, I just think you should play people here before judging their team. Common sense. I don't care if you find my team boring - you're not playing it. Wesker is a fantastic anchor.

i mean the guy runs pw/hulk/wesker, its not like he cares about team synergy

They actually have amazing synergy. My team is the most optimal to benefit Wright. AA Hulk assist is amazing for Wright. That plus shield is a hard wall to penetrate. The DHC options are supremely powerful as well. A simple throw x Order in the Court x Gamma Crush is easily 600,000 something damage. Plus Gamma Wave and Crush are great DHC's for easy Objection hits.

Wesker's gunshot assist. Gives vanilla Wright a damage boost for his normally low damage combo's. Most importantly though it gives him (Hulk for that matter too) easy unblockables in Tournabout.

Missile is great for both Hulk and Wesker. It allows Hulk to relaunch in the corner and combo off a command throw. For Wesker it's great as a low hitting teleport mixup.

Also a Wesker THC with Gamma Quake is one of the best THC's for Phantom Dance and very damaging.

There's more but I don't feel like typing any more for such a comment.

On an unrelated note. After playing Beef yesterday and watching some Lythero matches why don't more people use an optimal V.Joe zoning team. Kinda like a Morridoom setup but with Voomarang's and Red Hot Kicks. Doom's missiles would be a no brainer with a second assist being maybe something like Daggers or Cold Star. I don't think I have every come across such a team before but it sounds like I should have.

They actually have amazing synergy. My team is the most optimal to benefit Wright. AA Hulk assist is amazing for Wright. That plus shield is a hard wall to penetrate. The DHC options are supremely powerful as well. A simple throw x Order in the Court x Gamma Crush is easily 600,000 something damage. Plus Gamma Wave and Crush are great DHC's for easy Objection hits.

Wesker's gunshot assist. Gives vanilla Wright a damage boost for his normally low damage combo's. Most importantly though it gives him (Hulk for that matter too) easy unblockables in Tournabout.

Missile is great for both Hulk and Wesker. It allows Hulk to relaunch in the corner and combo off a command throw. For Wesker it's great as a low hitting teleport mixup.

Also a Wesker THC with Gamma Quake is one of the best THC's for Phantom Dance and very damaging.

There's more but I don't feel like typing any more for such a comment.

slasher let's play again soon. i'll turn on my mic and we can talk shit lol

On an unrelated note. After playing Beef yesterday and watching some Lythero matches why don't more people use an optimal V.Joe zoning team. Kinda like a Morridoom setup but with Voomarang's and Red Hot Kicks. Doom's missiles would be a no brainer with a second assist being maybe something like Daggers or Cold Star. I don't think I have every come across such a team before but it sounds like I should have.
Everyone's too busy picking "cool" characters. It's the same reason why Zero/Dante/Vergil is the meta instead of a Zero team that's actually good.

Beats

There was one guy using Joe/Dormammu/Doom at Big Two once and he was doing pretty well with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMUHIcMBHk

I've been playing around with Joe/Doom(Missiles) and I kind of feel he can lock the opponent down forever if he gets enough breathing room to throw out charged voomerangs. But I'm not sure if there's any openings since I haven't tested it that much...

Vice

Weesker helps PW and Hulk. A "bad" anchor can be good depending on the team.

If I didn't hate Doom and like Frank so much, I would probably put a lot of time into Joe/Doom/Arthur.

EDIT: Is anyone up for some mid-day Marvel in a few minutes? I'm catching up on my Subscriptions page right now, but I can play in...I guess 10 or so minutes?

Top Bottom