• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

JeTmAn81

Everyone's too busy picking "cool" characters. It's the same reason why Zero/Dante/Vergil is the meta instead of a Zero team that's actually good.

I think ZMC is a good team. Zero and Jam Session are BFF's for mixups, and Zero builds tons of meter for Dark Vergil. Synergy-wise, Zero/Dante/Strider is better but Dark Vergil is a derpier anchor. I guess ZMC is more top-loaded than it should be since I've never felt that Dante really gets much out of Rapid Slash.

I think ZMC is a good team. Zero and Jam Session are BFF's for mixups, and Zero builds tons of meter for Dark Vergil. Synergy-wise, Zero/Dante/Strider is better but Dark Vergil is a derpier anchor. I guess ZMC is more top-loaded than it should be since I've never felt that Dante really gets much out of Rapid Slash.
It's not a bad team because Vergil is an S tier anchor, but Zero and Dante get absolutely nothing from Vergil's assist. Zero/Dante/Hawkeye is a better team. The big problem with the ZMC setup is Zero has no projectile assist to help him get in, so he has to spend a lot more time floating around and waiting for buster shot opportunities.

The most annoying Zero I ever played used Unibeam assist.

Zissou

For some reason I can't give up trying to be decent with RR. The current team set-up I'm trying is RR/Dante(weasel shot)/Strider. I'm using weasel shot instead of jam session since it's really nice for left/right 50/50s using burrow and you can use it to make RR blockstrings end in unblockables with boulder trap. I wanted Strider for anti-air that RR could easily combo off of since confirming with RR in the air, especially at superjump height, is such a pain in the ass.

My main issues are:
-What are my options vs. zoning?
-What do you do against characters with strong invulernable moves who can escape my otherwise air-tight resets?
-How do you do the crazy romket skates j.S air confirms?
-What are good neutral game space control options outside of cr.H xx log trap and tiger knee spitfire M spitfire H?

edit: and what RR assist should I use? I'm leaning toward spitfire since Dante needs his wallbounce so badly.

It's a team dependent thing. If you feel it works better with Spitfire, go with Spitfire, and if you feel it goes better with log, choose log. Personally, for that team I'd definitely say Spitfire.

FSLink

Banned
It's not a bad team because Vergil is an S tier anchor, but Zero and Dante get absolutely nothing from Vergil's assist. Zero/Dante/Hawkeye is a better team. The big problem with the ZMC setup is Zero has no projectile assist to help him get in, so he has to spend a lot more time floating around and waiting for buster shot opportunities.

Man Zero with Unibeam just sounds awfully annoying. I should try that since I've been learning Iron Man for the last few days. Trying to get his TAC infinite down just because it looks fun.
Zero/Iron Man/Sentinel for team robot! :D

And I agree Spitfire is better for that team. Works wonders for Dante compared to Log Trap.

Spitifre just plain works better for pure rushdown imo. Specially for the "not really being a true blockstring" thing and because of them pretty much being forced to deal with it twice depending on how they blocked or got hit by it.

Venfayth

Is there a good tutorial on doing doom tac infinite anywhere? Or do you guys just watch videos of it happening and try to replicate that?

Hey, MarvelGAF, long time no see. I'm sorry if I go somewhat off-topic, but I'm a bit desperate and don't know where else on GAF to ask. x)
Edit: OK, I also found ComicGAF and asked there, but you can never be sure enuff. :3

I've came across this Marvel character, but I have no idea who she is, and since I know some of you guys are just as much of comic/Marvel nerds as I am, I thought maybe one of you knew who she was.

YnCX2Sk.jpg

She uses those 2 swords, and has some sort of projectile launcher on her wrist (similar to Black Widow's bite).

Anyone have an idea?

Azure J

One of the earliest matches I ever played against someone on SRK, they trolled me with Zero/Dante/Iron Man using Unibeam. If Iron Man were any more prominent and on team setups like that, I don't think I could enjoy this game anymore. Holy shit, that's borderline obnoxious to fight against.

smurfx

get some go again
They actually have amazing synergy. My team is the most optimal to benefit Wright. AA Hulk assist is amazing for Wright. That plus shield is a hard wall to penetrate. The DHC options are supremely powerful as well. A simple throw x Order in the Court x Gamma Crush is easily 600,000 something damage. Plus Gamma Wave and Crush are great DHC's for easy Objection hits.

Wesker's gunshot assist. Gives vanilla Wright a damage boost for his normally low damage combo's. Most importantly though it gives him (Hulk for that matter too) easy unblockables in Tournabout.

Missile is great for both Hulk and Wesker. It allows Hulk to relaunch in the corner and combo off a command throw. For Wesker it's great as a low hitting teleport mixup.

Also a Wesker THC with Gamma Quake is one of the best THC's for Phantom Dance and very damaging.

There's more but I don't feel like typing any more for such a comment.
do you have trouble with taskmaster? i usually obliterate every phoenix wright i play. tasks air diagonal arrows goes over mayas shield and hawkeyes assist arrows will take down the shield.

do you have trouble with taskmaster? i usually obliterate every phoenix wright i play. tasks air diagonal arrows goes over mayas shield and hawkeyes assist arrows will take down the shield.
He has problems with any character that has a good projectile + good projectile assist. The easiest match I ever had against Slasher was when I picked Doom/Iron Man and spammed Plasma Beam backed by Unibeam.

Hey, MarvelGAF, long time no see. I'm sorry if I go somewhat off-topic, but I'm a bit desperate and don't know where else on GAF to ask. x)
Edit: OK, I also found ComicGAF and asked there, but you can never be sure enuff. :3

I've came across this Marvel character, but I have no idea who she is, and since I know some of you guys are just as much of comic/Marvel nerds as I am, I thought maybe one of you knew who she was.

YnCX2Sk.jpg

She uses those 2 swords, and has some sort of projectile launcher on her wrist (similar to Black Widow's bite).

Anyone have an idea?

No idea. Reminds me of Lady Deadpool a tiny bit though.

GGs kevo. If there's one thing I hate more than fighting Taskmaster, it's fighting Taskmaster in lag. I swear half of your wins were completely fraudulent. /omega salty

GGs kevo. If there's one thing I hate more than fighting Taskmaster, it's fighting Taskmaster in lag. I swear half of your wins were completely fraudulent. /omega salty

GGs beef. lol it goes both ways, mang.

at least i got the five golden letters.

i'm not sure what was up with the connection tonight. it's usually solid between us and there were definite mid-combo lag spikes on both sides.

JeTmAn81

Welp I'm now wired up on PSN and will be playing online only on PS3. Live Gold ran out and I don't feel like ponying up another $60.

Azure J

Welp I'm now wired up on PSN and will be playing online only on PS3. Live Gold ran out and I don't feel like ponying up another $60.

Dammit, I hate it when I start to think that I really should have got this on PS3... :lol

Out of boredom, I tried to see if I can do any of the portions of the combos in Richard N's preview video and I can't believe how much I can actually do. Thinking about where I started from in Marvel and when I'm at now, it's crazy. I had no execution whatsoever in the beginning and that was a bit under a year ago.

Dammit, I hate it when I start to think that I really should have got this on PS3... :lol

Out of boredom, I tried to see if I can do any of the portions of the combos in Richard N's preview video and I can't believe how much I can actually do. Thinking about where I started from in Marvel and when I'm at now, it's crazy. I had no execution whatsoever in the beginning and that was a bit under a year ago.

You should buy the PS3 version too. You can usually find it for cheap. That's what I did.

I think I got it for 12 bucks on Gamefly.

onionfrog

Guys, who would you recommend using with Hsienko?

I've been using Hsienko(Senpu Bu)/Dante(Weasel Shot)/Sentinel(Drones) and doing okay with it.

Karst, I know you ran a Hsienko team at one point, who did you use?

I've been using Hsienko(Senpu Bu)/Dante(Weasel Shot)/Sentinel(Drones) and doing okay with it.

Hsien-ko/ Dr. Strange (Bolts) / Doom (Hidden Missiles)

I would probably run Hsien-ko / Doom / Amaterasu if I did it again, but Hsien-ko/Doom/Sentinel would work, too.

onionfrog

Hsien-ko/ Dr. Strange (Bolts) / Doom (Hidden Missiles)

I would probably run Hsien-ko / Doom / Amaterasu if I did it again, but Hsien-ko/Doom/Sentinel would work, too.
Hmm, my strange is ass, but I'll try Hsienko/Doom/Sentinel.

Sentinel can get a combo off of Spit + Senpu Bu assist cancelled into flight at 2/3rds screen or closer. (Like you were doing with spit + Artur's Daggers assist.) So far, I like running Sentinel anchor with Hsienko. Drones are so good.

Hsienko/Doom/Ammy seems like it would be good too, but my Ammy is horrible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XBL is available so often for $40 or under, I haven't paid $60 a year in a long time. Up here anyways, it's on for $39.99 every other week, and I'm sure deals are even better elsewhere.

I bet Arthur on Daggers would be a great character for her. Dante is really good too if you go for Gold Armor and just use Devil Trigger to make a safe DHC.

onionfrog

I bet Arthur on Daggers would be a great character for her. Dante is really good too if you go for Gold Armor and just use Devil Trigger to make a safe DHC.
Thanks Slasher, I think I may try Arthur with her as well.
I'm extremely fond of the Hsienko Gold Armor-> Devil Trigger DHC right now. It's safe! Plus then I can antagonize people with DT Dante + Gold Hsienko assist and Drones!!

Thanks Slasher, I think I may try Arthur with her as well.
I'm extremely fond of the Hsienko Gold Armor-> Devil Trigger DHC right now. It's safe! Plus then I can antagonize people with DT Dante + Gold Hsienko assist and Drones!!
I bet you can end Hsien-ko combos with Rimoukon -> Devil Trigger, and Dante will still have time to OTG.

Azure J

Hsien-Ko/Dante/Strider is so fun for stuff like this. It gives her Jam Session to play with, Dante gets to play a "Vanilla Lite" game (mash assist, press moar buttons, profit) and some of the DHCs are fun to mess around with.

My dante is still ass, but I did just manage to get one rep of the acid rain loop to actually hit in training just now. It's progress!
The fun part is when you try to do MH, f.H, A+S, dp.M to start combos and keep bold canceling your normals so you just jump over people.

onionfrog

The fun part is when you try to do MH, f.H, A+S, dp.M to start combos and keep bold canceling your normals so you just jump over people.
I know exactly what you're talking about. I wish he still had vanilla pushback on his normals so I could just LMH dp.M into combo. I just need to practice bold canceling a lot more so I can do it consistently when actually playing a match. #lowexecutioncomplaints
(Real Dante players, please forgive me)

onionfrog

Hey Gods Beard, I can't play right now. I would've sent you a message on PSN, but I'm so poverty status right now that I'm using a ps2 controller. ( and thus do not have a home button to go to the xmb and message you there)

I bet you can end Hsien-ko combos with Rimoukon -> Devil Trigger, and Dante will still have time to OTG.
You're right karst, this does work. And it's pretty cool too.

Tonight my wife and I had a long talk about potential baby names for the future, and I convinced her for Cereza as a girl's name. I worked her up to a "maybe" for Dante.

You're right karst, this does work. And it's pretty cool too.
Awesome. Learn to TK Vortex and chain beams for big damage!

Dormammu/Magneto/Dante THC = BIG BIG damage.

onionfrog

Tonight my wife and I had a long talk about potential baby names for the future, and I convinced her for Cereza as a girl's name. I worked her up to a "maybe" for Dante.
I don't know about Dante for a name....
Awesome. Learn to TK Vortex and chain beams for big damage!
I've been abusing vortex and DT beams all night! Beams for chip damage and OTGs in combos and vortex to get in behind an assist.

Top Bottom