• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

I'm thinking about dropping Morrigan/Phoenix for Magneto/Dante. Morrigan is just so stressful to play as without any meter usage, especially since 1/10 matches I'll accidentally use her level 3. -_-

Does The THC last long enough to charge dark spells?
Check this super basic stuff:
s.S, sj.MMHS, Dark Spell L, call EMD + Flame Carpet, s.S, sj.MMHS, THC, Dark Spell L, Dark Spell M, 2D1C = 1 million damage.

From full-screen, I have time to charge 3D0C and release it.

Edit: Okay, so if the combo starts in the corner, Jam Session relaunch lets me charge two Dark Spells.

s.S, sj.MMHS, Dark Spell L, call Jam Session + Flame Carpet, Dark Spell L, s.S, sj.MMHS, Dark Spell L, 3D0C, Dark Matter, THC, Dark Spell L, Dark Spell M, 1D1C.

This will turn out some sick stuff if I take the time to optimize.

Edit2: Damn, Jam Session lets Dormammu combo off of Stalking Flare.

s.S, sj.MMHS, Jam Session + Purification OTG, Stalking Flare, Dark Spell L, Dark Spell M, 1D1C.

Karst finally picking up the team I wanted to see played at a high level there... Dammit, I still want to play that team.
I'd like a second team to fall back on for when I play someone that knows all the anti-Dark Phoenix tech. I've played a few people who have unstoppable setups on her post-transformation and they abuse the TAC glitches, so she might as well not be there at all. At the local I went to, one guy had so many setups I just started burning the 5 bars I earned on Phoenix Rage to burn through anything he tried. There was 0 value in Dark Phoenix.

I guess I'm evolving to the FChamp strategy: use Phoenix against people that don't know how to handle her, have another team for those who do.

JeTmAn81

Magneto/Dante's THC is just so good. Way underrated.

True, but I think you would get more out of running Magneto last on a Dorm/Dante team so Dante gets Disruptor teleport mixups. Karst, the only downside to that team is that the execution barrier is pretty stiff. Mags and Dante are some of the most nuanced characters in the game.

True, but I think you would get more out of running Magneto last on a Dorm/Dante team so Dante gets Disruptor teleport mixups. Karst, the only downside to that team is that the execution barrier is pretty stiff. Mags and Dante are some of the most nuanced characters in the game.
I play Morrigan already - she's far more difficult than Magneto or Dante, which isn't to say I can play either of them right now, or that I have high execution. I just mean to say that if an execution barrier were going to scare me off, it would have already, haha. Though I suck at box dashing. :-(

The team order is Dormammu/Magneto/Dante because:
1) Dante is a better anchor than Magneto.
2) Magnetic Shockwave -> Devil Trigger is a great and safe way swap characters, but Devil Trigger -> Magnetic Tempest is pretty much just safe.
3) Dormammu -> Magneto DHCs are better than Dormammu -> Dante DHCs (AFAIK)
4) I can get the Dante/EMD synergy going after doing 2) still, which is kind of the plan ATM.
5) If I DHC between Dormammu and Magneto, Magneto -> Dormammu is Dormammu's top DHC, but Dante -> Dormammu is not if I have Dante second.
6) If I get a stray hit on an assist, THC with Dormammu/Magneto OTGs and kills, Dormammu/Dante does not.
7) Dante/Magneto THC is useless. Magneto/Dante THC is pristine.
8) Trolling people with Attraction + Jam Session sounds like hella fun (c'mere Phoenix Wright!).

I wanted 10. :-(

Ummm....

9) Magneto TAC infinites.
10) Magneto's DHCs can protect Stalking Flare better than Dante's.

Also, best Dante team is undoubtedly Magneto/Dante/Strider, and I hope someone eventually picks it up.

Way to make the name worse.

igD71kh1cESDK.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wrestling sucks. My childhood best friend got into that stuff and he was just never the same. It's just a soap opera for men. The fighting is entirely staged, so I don't understand how anyone can give a crap about it.
Yeah, it's pretty poor as far as soap operas go. Nothing on the league of a Jersey Shore.

Grecco

Wrestling sucks. My childhood best friend got into that stuff and he was just never the same. It's just a soap opera for men. The fighting is entirely staged, so I don't understand how anyone can give a crap about it.

I prefer comedy, so I can skip the sweaty dudes groping each other in a non-athletic event.

Nobody likes wrestling for the "fighting" for starters.

Anyways I suddenly have a hate for Tron. her hitbox needs to be fixed. My Wolverine bnb shouldnt have to drop just cause its tron

Yeah, it's pretty poor as far as soap operas go. Nothing on the league of a Jersey Shore.
Wat.

The many people I knew in high school says otherwise. I'm sure everyone else just likes it for the amazing acting and plot lines.

Anyways I suddenly have a hate for Tron. her hitbox needs to be fixed. My Wolverine bnb shouldnt have to drop just cause its tron
Learn a different bnb for her.

I dont like the idea of specific character bnbs. This isnt Virtua Fighter.
I'm not a fan of them either, but it's pretty low on the priority list. Hell, Dormammu can't even Purification x Chaotic Flame Shuma-Gorath, so I feel your pain. I have to take him down with a level 3 or use other resources.

And yeah the plot is pretty awesome.
Like I said, it's a fucking riot.
Haha, K.

Azure J

Also, best Dante team is undoubtedly Magneto/Dante/Strider, and I hope someone eventually picks it up.

No lies, if Magneto got a pick up from any Strider assist confirm, that would be one of my true secondary teams. Although in the order Dante/Magneto/Strider because TAC infinites son. :lol

Damn, that team would have everything. Magneto c.H, why u no jump cancellable OTG?

No lies, if Magneto got a pick up from any Strider assist confirm, that would be one of my true secondary teams. Although in the order Dante/Magneto/Strider because TAC infinites son. :lol

Damn, that team would have everything. Magneto c.H, why u no jump cancellable OTG?
You just have to live with burning meter for Magneto.

Actually I more intended that you would DHC Magnetic Shockwave -> Legion and use Strider backed by EMD. I'm a big fan of playing my teams in this order:

Point/Assist/Anchor

Then, if Assist survives, DHC to switch places so the Anchor gets the Assist. Sort of like how ChrisG used to play Morrigan/Doom/Akuma, and would Photon Array -> Beam to get Akuma in. Now your team is much better than if it were Doom backed by Akuma.

The reason you don't do Point/Point/Assist is because it's too easy to get bopped on the incoming, you want to have just your assist left. But if you get the second character in safely, then you can DHC to transition properly.

The only reason you shouldn't do this is if your second character is supposed to become your point character or has an amazing DHC with the first character. That's why ChrisG uses Morrigan/Vergil/Doom instead of Morrigan/Doom/Vergil, and why FChamp plays Magneto/Dormammu/Doom instead of Magneto/Doom/Dormammu.

Azure J

Interestingly enough, that sounds a lot like what I used to do when I played Dante/Amaterasu/Strider. One of my favorite little "gimmicks" was setting up a hard knockdown off an air series with Amaterasu and doing Veil of Mist xx Legion and going nuts with Strider + Cold Star + Slow mode + XF2. That is like concentrated Mahvel right there. Even more so since Amaterasu (while requiring a bit more precision) is a derpy anchor when she wants to be.

Damn, I wanna play my old team again and see what I could do with it with the knowledge I have now.

Interestingly enough, that sounds a lot like what I used to do when I played Dante/Amaterasu/Strider. One of my favorite little "gimmicks" was setting up a hard knockdown off an air series with Amaterasu and doing Veil of Mist xx Legion and going nuts with Strider + Cold Star + Slow mode + XF2. That is like concentrated Mahvel right there. Even more so since Amaterasu (while requiring a bit more precision) is a derpy anchor when she wants to be.

Damn, I wanna play my old team again and see what I could do with it with the knowledge I have now.
Going back to old teams and picking up new teams is a treat. After I run this new team for a while (if I like it), my Morrigan will probably level up by proximity. Every character teaches me something new. I mashed hard until I picked up Skrull for a month, for example.

I prefer comedy, so I can skip the sweaty dudes groping each other in a non-athletic event.
Haha, yeah you either get wrestling or you don't.....there's really no in between.

Yeah I've hated Tron forever for that. I already have simplistic combos and then I have to dumb them down even more for her ass.

Does anyone know which character has the easiest TAC infinite? I can do Doom's but that's just because he's a heavily used character so I decided to learn it. How difficult is Nova's?

Frantic

I've recently been practicing Magneto infinites for no reason other than they're so easy, and I might want to run Strider/Magneto/Dante for certain matchups(although I prefer Strider/Strange/Dante, tbh).

But speaking of TAC infinites, there's one thing I wanted to ask everyone about them... do you guys ever experience a weird speed up when doing them? I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes when I'm doing TAC infinites, the game seems to speed up and I always drop them. Somehow it doesn't seem like it should be possible, but it's something I've noticed when I get the rythm down and it just changes on a whim. :/

Vice

Haha, yeah you either get wrestling or you don't.....there's really no in between.

Yeah I've hated Tron forever for that. I already have simplistic combos and then I have to dumb them down even more for her ass.

Does anyone know which character has the easiest TAC infinite? I can do Doom's but that's just because he's a heavily used character so I decided to learn it. How difficult is Nova's?

Nova's is pretty simple as well.

God in grade school I loved the shit out of the WWF. The drama oh man the drama. It's stupid fun. Maybe it was because I was young, everybody at that age likes stupid stuff, but I still have fond memories of it. Some of the best nights were me and five friends playing the WWF N64 games, doing the 60 man 4 player Royal Rumble with no ring outs. Matches would literally take hours to finish and afterwards we would watch the pay per view. Great times.

Looking at it now on TV it's an utter joke. It might have always been but it's most definitely unwatchable now and brings great shame. Of course all my friends and I grew out of it and moved on, but those were great times.

Zissou

I've recently been practicing Magneto infinites for no reason other than they're so easy, and I might want to run Strider/Magneto/Dante for certain matchups(although I prefer Strider/Strange/Dante, tbh).

But speaking of TAC infinites, there's one thing I wanted to ask everyone about them... do you guys ever experience a weird speed up when doing them? I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes when I'm doing TAC infinites, the game seems to speed up and I always drop them. Somehow it doesn't seem like it should be possible, but it's something I've noticed when I get the rythm down and it just changes on a whim. :/

I think it's just that the looping/repetitive nature of doing the infinite mindfucks you after a while. Happens to me doing Doom's corner loops- I'm doing the combo and at some point I'm like, "Wait... how many reps have I...?" and then they pop out and kill me.

Chavelo

Just started to read the monthly Hawkeye comics.

I know want to make a team of Hawkguy, Taskmaster and Doom/Nova.

So, either Nova/Tasky/Hawk (both Hori. arrow assists) or Tasky/Hawk/Doom with missiles.

Which one would be more legit for going against Wolvy/Zero? (They both happen to be my local nightmares atm).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just started to read the monthly Hawkeye comics.

I know want to make a team of Hawkguy, Taskmaster and Doom/Nova.

So, either Nova/Tasky/Hawk (both Hori. arrow assists) or Tasky/Hawk/Doom with missiles.

Which one would be more legit for going against Wolvy/Zero? (They both happen to be my local nightmares atm).
The Hawkeye comics are too godlike.

People don't sleep, they're on another level and will make you like Hawkguy.

Hawkguy equals awesomeness. Even none comic readers should buy it.

Pure awesomeness.

EDIT: Go with the Task/Hawkguy/HM team. TM has better start of the round options against Logan and then can keep him out with projectiles. And HM along with his projectiles and normals allows him to go up against Zero.

Dahbomb

Yeah Training mode has some weird glitches. This is why it's always best to try out combos/tech in real matches as well, some stuff might not carry over. Hell you need to practice on both sides as well.

Yeah Training mode has some weird glitches. This is why it's always best to try out combos/tech in real matches as well, some stuff might not carry over. Hell you need to practice on both sides as well.

He posted a video of an actual match in which the same thing happens.

Zissou

I thought so too at first, but once you get really comfortable with the flight-cancels and do them with small precise inputs and kind of fall into a pattern, it's really not bad (at least on a stick).

Frantic

I just want to say that solo XF-less Strider comebacks are euphoric.

On another note entirely, playing Dante on anchor has helped improve my point Dante just a bit surprisingly enough. Playing him solo with no backup means I gotta be a bit more ballsy if I want to get a hit, and that translates into a slightly more ballsy point Dante.

Top Bottom