• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is there any chance of this being Vanquish 2?

If any developer has earned my trust, it's Platinum. I do wonder though how big of a game it could be if IGN is getting the scoop. That said, Wonderful 101 was also announced on the side, and that game was great.

If it´s Bayo 3 - I´ll lose my shit
If it´s Rising 2 - I´ll lose my shit
If it´s Vanquish 2 - I´ll lose my shit
If it´s Viewtiful Joe - I´ll lose my shit
If it´s a new IP - I´ll lose my shit too.

Basically anything Platinum works on, i´m hyped.

I think Metal Gear Rising 2: Riptribution is the most likely candidate, but I guess it could also be StarFox. Platinum seem like they'd be a good fit and Ninty were looking for a development partner last E3.

Although Konami have gone to shit and I doubt there will be any more proper MGS like those we've seen before, I suspect Rising 2 was so far into development it made no sense to cancel. Maybe they've even accepted a deal with Sony or MS.

Keasar

Best news to wake up to.
XDsO5mj.gif

So ready.

I hope its rising 2, remember that big green "2" previously shown a long while back? They tried to play it off but come on now.

That said, with Konami going nuclear and wild with all their console games, Rising 2 might be standing on the edge.

Golnei

bayonetta_3_logo_by_creelien-d7ukkok.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from IGN's comment section. That's good Photoshop, I must admit.lol.

That colour scheme would overlap too much with Scalebound, and looks slightly too garish, even for Bayonetta. The official logo is far more elegant:

tumblr_inline_npnn2elaxE1r0om12_540.png

silva1991

I don't want their new game to be Wii u exclusive even though I own the system. Bayonetta 2 is great but the performance isn't due to the weak console.

Taker666

I don't see it being MGR2..simply because I don't think they'd announce it before MGSV is released...

..unless it was exclusive to a specific platform (which I suppose it could be).

Still, it'll be quite amusing as Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo fans will tune in....and 1 or 2 sets of fans are going to be pissed off it's not for the platform they own.

So they announce a platinum exclusive, but then let ign reveal the gameplay? Ok.

Like that is going to happen.
If it is an exclusive maybe the platform holder doesn't have the room in their conference to show anythong more than a trailer for the game.

It's probably MGR2 PS4/Xbone and possibly PC though. Reveal it either at Sony's conference because Playstation and Metal Gear are closely associated, or at MS's because Metal Gear Solid Rising was announced at an MS conference, then show off gameplay on IGN.

Leyasu

Banned
If it is an exclusive maybe the platform holder doesn't have the room in their conference to show anythong more than a trailer for the game.

It's probably MGR2 PS4/Xbone and possibly PC though. Reveal it either at Sony's conference because Playstation and Metal Gear are closely associated, or at MS's because Metal Gear Solid Rising was announced at an MS conference, then show off gameplay on IGN.

Perhaps. But I'm leaning more towards a multiplat myself.

Although I think a platform holder would find the time to thump their chest if it was an exclusive.

Ushiwaka

That colour scheme would overlap too much with Scalebound, and looks slightly too garish, even for Bayonetta. The official logo is far more elegant:

tumblr_inline_npnn2elaxE1r0om12_540.png

haha lol. Yeah its too green. I wonder if there's a Bayo 3 at works, what would the logo's color scheme be. Golden maybe? And I wonder what Hairstyle would Bayo have.

Yosp is smiling.

What? How do you know? Did he say something on twitter?
I'm desperate for info here...

Well if everyone's getting an exclusive...

Let this be Rising 2 or Vanquish 2 on PS4.

In reality, everyone should have access to it...however...

Shaanyboi

Banned
It's not a Nintendo-game I guess, since they would reveal that in their Digital Event and not on IGN.

Devil's Third was revealed on IGN.

Anyways, I'm moreso convinced that we'll see a Platinum character join Smash Bros. like Wonder Red or Bayonetta (hence the retweet), but the actual game reveal is something else entirely.

Porcile

It's not a Nintendo-game I guess, since they would reveal that in their Digital Event and not on IGN.

Not really. They didn't reveal The Wonderful 101 at their press conference, and they didn't re-reveal Devil's Third in their digital event either.

Top Bottom