• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

lupinko

Fuck you.
I had never heard of this game, and now I want an updated version by Platinum.
This looks so ace.

Lol

But yeah it was Sony's God of War before God of War. It's based on Hindu gods, you actually play as Garuda fighting Ashura. Garuda renamed to Sky in localized version.

And the devs Sony contracted back in the day were ex-Capcom staff.

Just like Platinum!

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Akiller

q2XNja7.png

Ushiwaka

1832b8adef.png

Oh you Kamiya.

This is the same man who said he didn't know when E3 was last year. Don't believe his lies.

My initial thought was Wii U ..but Nintendo's late reveals usually happen almost immediately after their event has aired.

This reveal will be smack in the middle of Nintendo's own Treehouse live stuff and it would seem odd to announce a big game elsewhere while Nintendo fans are already engrossed in their Treehouse live coverage.

PS4 or multiformat is my guess.

Yeah this makes sense. Let's hope this is the case.

Taker666

Hashimoto has just retweeted the Nintendo Digital Event Stuff.
Means nothing, but...

Interesting.

Of course there's no reason that Platinum couldn't be revealing Scalebound, this game on IGN..AND a new game for Wii U.

They released MGR and Wonderful 101 in 2013, The Legend of Korra and Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta Special edition in 2014. Three games being released by Platinum between now and the end of 2016 wouldn't be that surprising.

Also I was thinking, if it were a Nintendo game, why would they give IGN on the scoop on gameplay instead of showing off the game at their Treehouse coverage afterwards?

Most likely a multiplatform game, I'm guessing.

Sendou

Also I was thinking, if it were a Nintendo game, why would they give IGN on the scoop on gameplay instead of showing off the game at their Treehouse coverage afterwards?

Most likely a multiplatform game, I'm guessing.

Because gaming websites are just an extension of publishers' (like Nintendo) PR arm. It's good to stay in good terms with some of the biggest with exclusive deals like this one. See: Wonderful 101 and Devil's Third reveal in the past

Hmmmm...

Well, I just hope its multiplatform. Everyone should be able to enjoy Platinum games.

But everyone can enjoy them. If three PG titles on Wii U isn't enough for you to get the system then how much do you want to play them in the first place?

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
How many teams does Platinum Games have? We know they are working on Scalebound and that they are announcing a new game on E3 next week. So how likely is it for them to announce another game?

I'd hope for MGR2 or a Vanquish type game or a sequel to that.

Heartfyre

I think all we can be sure about is that it's the same team that made Rising that is working on this. Kamiya's team made The Wonderful 101 before and now Scalebound, and Bayonetta 2 only finished up at the end of last year, while the Rising team has been MIA since that released. As much as I'd love it to be Rising 2, I'm pessimistic, but I'm still excited for anything that team puts together.

Because gaming websites are just an extension of publishers' (like Nintendo) PR arm. It's good to stay in good terms with some of the biggest with exclusive deals like this one. See: Wonderful 101 and Devil's Third reveal in the past

I've already brought those up, well, at least Wonderful 101. We'll see next week though.

How many teams does Platinum Games have? We know they are working on Scalebound and that they are announcing a new game on E3 next week. So how likely is it for them to announce another game?

I'd hope for MGR2 or a Vanquish type game or a sequel to that.

They could work on 2-3 games at the same time. They did before.

biteren

Sales or reviews?

Horrible review-wise and i bet only the hardcore platinum fans gave money to that so...but again it was a quick cash grab from Activision.

yeah, reviews were spot on, it wsnt that great, i want a Platinum games title on PS4, then folks say LOK on there, i need a REAL PG game.

Co-developing Star Fox U or Vanquish 2 all over my face. A sequel to Bayo 2, W101 or Rising isn't happening anytime soon, so realistically it's probably something new.

LAA

It probably will be. They're not revealing some big game on an IGN stream.

In fairness, it only says it will reveal gameplay, the game itself may be revealed in a conference with a CGI trailer or something. In fact it even says "an extended look at gameplay", so gameplay may even be in the reveal trailer anyway.

Sales or reviews?

Horrible review-wise and i bet only the hardcore platinum fans gave money to that so...but again it was a quick cash grab from Activision.

And Korra was a better game than the reviews reflected. Much like TW101. What Korra lacked was a proper budget and dev time. it wasn't a Bayonetta 2 level masterpiece, but a decent license game.

Sendou

Well, if they do another exclusive game then it wouldn't be that bad if the third one is multiplatform.

I just wonder what publisher would want to work with them on a multiplatform game (not like LoK = quick & dirty). DMC5 is one possibility I guess.

Shauni

I didn't think Korra was horrible at all. It's not top tier Platinum, and it was obvious it didn't have a full cycle of development, but I still enjoyed it for the $15 I paid. It's not ideal, but a Korra 2 wouldn't be that horrible for me, even if I'd prefer other things from them over that.

Shauni

Platinum threads seem to attract so much platform salt. It's almost as bad as Monster Hunter threads sometimes.

Okay, it's not that bad. Nothing is that bad

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I just wonder what publisher would want to work with them on a multiplatform game (not like LoK = quick & dirty). DMC5 is one possibility I guess.

Capcom has Dragons Dogma, FROM has the Souls Series, P* could do their own RPG (Sci Fi/Cyberpunk). I'd love to see that.

biteren

Platinum threads seem to attract so much platform salt. It's almost as bad as Monster Hunter threads sometimes.

Okay, it's not that bad. Nothing is that bad

Salt has suddenly become a huge part of these announcements, you cant be upset without being hit by salt comments or crying pics/gifs, its just part of the show now. usually the advice you get is just buy a Wiiu, taking up a new console is a huge investment, atlest for me it is.

Kilvas

I think MGR2 is the only possible game it could be. I don't think it will be platform exclusive, because Konami isn't about that life. My prediction is the game is in development for PS4, Xbone, PC, PS3, and 360; and is to be released in early 2016.

Shauni

Salt has suddenly become a huge part of these announcements, you cant be upset without being hit by salt comments or crying pics/gifs, its just part of the show now. usually the advice you get is just buy a Wiiu, taking up a new console is a huge investment, atlest for me it is.

Eh, I understand it and all. We all want the Platinum goodness on our console of choice, but it is what it is. We should be happy that Platinum is getting consistent work despite the general low sales of the titles they produce. Sometimes you just have to throw out the salt and enjoy the fact that the meal exists, even if it's a dish from a foreign land that you can't partake of.

I mean, I don't have a PS4, and I really don't have any plans to get one in the immediate future. And if this ends up being a PS4 exclusive, I'll admit I might be disappointed, might make a post or two about it. But I'll go about my day, and be happy for Platinum that they continue to find work on dedicated gaming hardware.

biteren

Eh, I understand it and all. We all want the Platinum goodness on our console of choice, but it is what it is. We should be happy that Platinum is getting consistent work despite the general low sales of the titles they produce. Sometimes you just have to throw out the salt and enjoy the fact that the meal exists, even if it's a dish from a foreign land that you can't partake of.

I mean, I don't have a PS4, and I really don't have any plans to get one in the immediate future. And if this ends up being a PS4 exclusive, I'll admit I might be disappointed, might make a post or two about it. But I'll go about my day, and be happy for Platinum that they continue to find work on dedicated gaming hardware.

yeah youre right man, i wish they did do well sales wise. i got told a few times that i shoulnt be upset because of "game" wouldn't exist if it wasnt for "publisher" involvement. this always made me mad but at the end of the day its the truth.

maybe PS4 will get thier PG title but until a official announcement i got 2 options, 1(get a Wiiu or 2(wait and maybe ill get lucky. workin on 1, i got alot to consider for getting a whole console for 2 games

Says gameplay reveal, makes me think announced but no footage shown at the conference/ event whatever.

Also the 16th isnt that the same day as nintendo's digital event?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a Nintendo game. Wasn't Devil's Third announced for Wii U during the IGN stream last year? Similarly Wonderful 101 was announced during a Gamespot steam and not Nintendo's main conference. They seem to have the penchant to sprinkle their announcements throughout the week.

I think Nintendo's digital event earlier that day IS a major element here. I'll put my money on a new exclusive deal with Nintendo, for good or bad

Top Bottom