• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's |Reviews Thread| Nateness Awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, the score could have been at 93.5000000 for all we know. One lower score would only have to drop it down to 93.49999999 for it to show as 93, I'd imagine.
Ok? I didn't make a big deal about? Even ended off with its still a good score can I not question anything .

I can't even find the score on the webpage lol. Weird it got counted on metacritic even though Washington Post already have their main review up. Don't see why they needed to count the "opinion" of this joker.

aravuus

Ok? I didn't make a big deal about? Even ended off with its still a good score can I not question anything .

Why are you taking this so personally? You called Metacritic broken because one negative review could drop down the score by one, when in fact you had no idea how close it was at all.'

As in there are tons and tons of legit reasons to dislike MC. That's not one.

ArmGunar

The real review here : https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...6beb2a-1773-11e6-971a-dadf9ab18869_story.html

And in the end, the humble concerns of these four people mesh nicely with the globe-spanning fable of greed, ambition and hubris that they uncover. “Uncharted 4” is one of the most ambitious video games ever created, and it succeeds on almost every level. But its most impressive accomplishment may be its creation of four characters I actually cared about. Four stars out of four.

uncharted2metacritic.png

SMH we'll always have Uncharted 2

Dude, it's on this site here. Read it.
i'm not gonna read the actual review, apparently it's full of spoilers. what i'm saying is washington post apparently already had the official review up in which they gave a perfect score. all things considered i don't get why this review is there
No, it is quite literally a joke review. The whole thing is sarcastic. Or even if not that, the Washington Post website isn't treating it seriously.
then why is metacritic counting it?

Why are you taking this so personally? You called Metacritic broken because one negative review could drop down the score by one, when in fact you had no idea how close it was at all.
Metacritic is broken. Why are so so upset i said it. Stop trying to make it seem like I made some grand big deal about it. Ended off with its still a good score. Jesus trying to start something

WOW A RED IN METACRITIC

EVERYONE PANIC
Hmm? Dude you do realize this is a joke review and meta is reflecting it as if it was a standard one? That's what ppl are talking about, it's not a review that should be taken seriously but that's what happening at the moment. What is up with all the "you care about scores posts" you guys could find another thread if it's so appalling to you.

Hmm? Dude you do realize this is a joke review and meta is reflecting it as if it was a standard one? That's what ppl are talking about, it's not a review that should be taken seriously but that's what happening at the moment. What is up with all the "you care about scores posts" you guys could find another thread if it's so appalling to you.
Its annoying. You can't say or question anything without them coming out of the woodwork. When they count a joke review yes it is indeed broken.

well it is because of this review that metacritic dropped a point, and once you get into the 90s i feel like every point is telling, sorta.

I mean if metacritic never changed, people would still be flabbergasted at the review and the fact it's on metacritic. Well, at least that's where I'm coming from.

aravuus

Metacritic is broken. Why are so so upset i said it. Stop trying to make it seem like I made some grand big deal about it. Ended off with its still a good score. Jesus trying to start something

What in the everliving fuck lmao. I'm not upset, I'm not trying to say you made a grand big deal about it and I'm certainly not trying to start something.

Hahaha I'm so confused

I playfully pointed out that THE reason you chose to represent how broken MC is was absurd, especially when there are tons of legit reasons to think MC sucks.

e: I mean, jesus, if I offended you, I apologize! I just thought your reasoning was hilarious

Because Metacritic is run by a posse of evil clowns that are only just barely kept in check. Clearly someone slipped up. Probably a new intern who was intimidated.
evil or not, clowns or not, you got a job to do. do it. right.
I mean if metacritic never changed, people would still be flabbergasted at the review and the fact it's on metacritic. Well, at least that's where I'm coming from.
well we all are kinda flabbergasted at the review, and the fact that it's on metacritic, aren't we?

How much does ebay charge for listing fees? I told myself I won't play this unless it has a 94+ and now that 93 is a slap to my face. I'm taking pictures of the box now. Good thing I finished this pos game already. I knew something was wrong with it with all that damn talking. Just let me shoot someone for crying out loud.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Someone was being a funny guy today. With literally only a single negative review, let alone no mixed reviews, the person writing it had to have known what they were doing with that kind of dissent. Either they hated the games in the first place, or they had some ulterior motive.

I don't ever try to cry conspiracy with this kind of thing, but its too fishy

Its annoying. You can't say or question anything without them coming out of the woodwork. When they count a joke review yes it is indeed broken.
Yea...It should be taken down period...I have no idea why something was added like this. Rotten tomatoes is more thorough sheesh...

And for the people wondering where the 4/10 came from I think meta gives a score based on your written words even if you don't. Like kotaku for example.

How much does ebay charge for listing fees? I told myself I won't play this unless it has a 94+ and now that 93 is a slap to my face. I'm taking pictures of the box now. Good thing I finished this pos game already. I knew something was wrong with it with all that damn talking. Just let me shoot someone for crying out loud.

I am right there with you, while I was playing, something felt, off. Now we know, it was a garbage 93 game pretending to be a glorious 94 game.

I'm gonna go burn the disk and case to cleanse myself of this disgusting feeling of having played a game so far below my standards.

/s

Memento

Looks like it is an error. Washington Post review for the game was a perfect score. This one is literally a joke review. I am sure they will change it.

Edit: I mean if they dont change it... it would be really unprofessional to say the least.

Ridesh

Banned
They already have a review up for the game.
Looks like it is an error. Washington Post review for the game was a perfect score. This one is literally a joke review. I am sure they will change it.

Edit: I mean if they dont change it... it would be really unprofessional to say the least.

The other review is not theirs, it's actually the Associated Press review.

So yeah, this 4/10 review is legit.

Anarkin

They already have a review up for the game.

Yes I saw it but the one they count are in the "Comic Riffs" section. WP also had to send MC the score (4/10), since it's not shown in the review. I don't know if it's meant as a joke but it's obviously too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom