• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 FULL E3 Video July 1st!

KKRT00

I wonder what is manhour cost of those scripted set pieces. They seem to be extremely polished to way of having completely individual assets per scene.

Smoke looked amazing at the end of motocycle chase, what a pity its not in gameplay, but understandable, it looked expensive as hell.

Jesus. Stop overreacting, did I say anything about the previous games or that Uncharted 4 will be nothing but a big cutscene? I've played them, I was talking about what I saw, i.e. the demo. I know there's plenty of fine gameplay in Uncharted, but I don't like when the most valuable thing in video games (interaction) is taken away from me too often for the sake of making me look at things that look cool. I've got Mad Max: Fury Road for it.

This looked fantastic, but I barely saw any challenge presented to the player.

Your playing the game during that set piece just like all the other UC games.
Your not going to get full freedom during set pieces.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Most realistic rope confirmed in a video game! Now upload high-birate footage so I can see the maths and soft physics better. ;P

That setpiece is great not just as a videogame, even if it's a movie action scene, it's one of the best directed action sequence I've seen.

well, that fucking sucks.
30fps in this game is perfectly reasonable and you rarely feel any type of difference when battling AI.

Against other human, it's much more important to have 60fps.

Not knocking your preference or whatever, but just putting things into perspective and what most gamers will likely echo. 30fps can be done very well. I think DC is 30fps isn't it? Sense of speed is still amazing.

hesido

Those claiming this as Uncharted 3.5, how?

What does one expect from an uncharted game? Procedurally generated planet sized planets?

Btw, I hope the game's pacing is not always like this and there should be relaxing bits and less flashy gameplay segments. Otherwise it could be like the Transformers: So many explosions that you get desensitized after 15minutes.

GavinUK86

Because I was still holding out hoping that they'd get the campaign to be 60fps. It doesn't kill my excitement for the game though but it's still disappointing.

Fair enough.

Like they explained, I would rather a rock solid 30fps than them trying to hit 60fps and only actually getting there 50% of the time.

DieH@rd

Banned
"looks" may be the wrong word here, the game looks amazing but gameplay is definitely UC 3.5 ish.

So you want to say is that gameplay of a sequel is little upgraded than previous versions of a franchise [which were some of the best reviewed games of past generation]?

GOOD.

Not really no.
It is to me.
Pretty much and they showed the most impressive one which was the plane crash.
Yeah, I remember that. That, and the boat.
I don't remember fully but I think some of the most important ones were shown.
You are really reaching here.
Am I? reaching for what? -_-
Yeah and people did not like it. Bruce and Neil already said that this might be the last single player demo they show before the game launches.
I'm not saying they should show them all, I'm just saying it was done before. To me, the more this game's gems is kept in secrecy, the better.

Although I wish they'd officially confirm emily rose as elena (even though to me there's evidence here) some other poster here is under the impression that she's replaced
Expectations.

This is a PS4, not a PC, first and foremost. Secondly, it's ND's first real PS4 game.
I know. Like I said, it does not kill my excitement for the game but that is what they targeted in the beginning, and it is what I was hoping for and expected.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
To discuss gameplay and "Uncharted 3.5" stuff, we need to look at the PSX demo. Maybe that's how you feel when discussing that, and that's fine.

But to make these comments based on this demo is nonsense.

The microwave scene in MGSIV is a brilliant use of a setpiece moment, IMO.

Motorcycle chase, not microwave.

dukeoflegs

That looked awesome, it's too bad I will fail at that section a couple times and ruin the whole fun/awesomeness of that section. :(

RedAssedApe

Banned
yess

iOkTnNiBm6qHT.gif

Top Bottom