• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 FULL E3 Video July 1st!

30fps in this game is perfectly reasonable and you rarely feel any type of difference when battling AI.

Against other human, it's much more important to have 60fps.

Not knocking your preference or whatever, but just putting things into perspective and what most gamers will likely echo. 30fps can be done very well. I think DC is 30fps isn't it? Sense of speed is still amazing.
It's not that I have a preference for 60fps games, I was just (at the time) excited for playing a new uncharted game in 60fps. That would've been so refreshing.

Fair enough.

Like they explained, I would rather a rock solid 30fps than them trying to hit 60fps and only actually getting there 50% of the time.
I'm not entirely sure, but tlour also drops from its 60fps mode doesn't it?

Hoje0308

Banned
Fuck YT, get your heads out of your asses and give that footage to the fine folks at Gamersyde.

Sorry for yelling. Pumped for photo mode (Dear lord).

Because I was still holding out hoping that they'd get the campaign to be 60fps. It doesn't kill my excitement for the game though but it's still disappointing.

The physics on display in the original E3 demo pretty much guaranteed that it wasn't going to be 60, not at that fidelity at least.

hawk2025

It is to me.

Yeah, I remember that. That, and the boat.

I don't remember fully but I think some of the most important ones were shown.

Am I? reaching for what? -_-

I'm not saying they should show them all, I'm just saying it was done before. To me, the more this game's gems is kept in secrecy, the better.

Although I wish they'd officially confirm emily rose as elena (even though to me there's evidence here) some other poster here is under the impression that she's replaced
I know. Like I said, it does not kill my excitement for the game but that is what they targeted in the beginning, and it is what I was hoping for and expected.

They showed the sinking ship and the plane.

There were also:

- Ship graveyard
- Crumbling city
- Caravan on horseback

Just out of the top of my mind.

All three of those are better than the sinking ship, IMO. But you are right, the plane was the most bombastic bits of U3, and that was shown on a demo.

Anxious to watch it again in 1080p! I bet there are a few people itching to make the thread when the video goes live, too. I'm gonna bet on 3 separate threads.

Kinyou

This gameplay demo wasn't nearly as good as it was hyped to be.
The media just went a little too nuts, especially gamesradar

What happens is impossible to describe without falling into hyperbole because holy Christ I nearly lost my shit, with gameplay that almost seemed to be mocking your ability to deal with it - piling sequence onto sequence, and building the pace and action up to to a level that's almost impossible to comprehend without seeing it. Nothing else out there can compete with what I saw: there's honestly a world before that demo and world after.
http://www.gamesradar.com/extended-uncharted-4-e3-demo/

Did they confirm that you can go into photomode during cutscenes? They're completely realtime now, so they shouldn't have the issue that TLoU had.

Piggus

Well that was fucking amazing.

If that was seriously disappointing to you then I want to know what kind of games DO look impressive and fun.

Elfstruck

It's not that I have a preference for 60fps games, I was just (at the time) excited for playing a new uncharted game in 60fps. That would've been so refreshing.

The PS4 version? I'm not sure if it dropped.

Yeah, I liked the way TLOU felt @ 60, and will definitely play the Collection at 60. But, I dunno, once I sit down with a game, It never really clicks with me either way. Obviously, I'm aware in 60fps games like MGS5 but most of the time, it's essentially the "soap opera" effects on vs. off lol. I honestly only appreciate a beefy framerate in games that require high dexterity.

SFV
COD
GT
MK

That's the only time I really appreciate the effort. Even for MGS5, I seriously doubt I would mind the game @ 30

Naughty Dog is so annoying.

"When is Savage Starlight coming out?"

Naughty Dog: Ha. Who knows?

I don't know why people ask this shit, First off, it's disrespectful given that they're currently working on a different game. Second because it's just a fictional comic within the game, there was never any indication or obvious intention that they ever wanted to make a game out of it.

GavinUK86

The media just went a little too nuts, especially gamesradar

What happens is impossible to describe without falling into hyperbole because holy Christ I nearly lost my shit, with gameplay that almost seemed to be mocking your ability to deal with it - piling sequence onto sequence, and building the pace and action up to to a level that's almost impossible to comprehend without seeing it. Nothing else out there can compete with what I saw: there's honestly a world before that demo and world after.

http://www.gamesradar.com/extended-uncharted-4-e3-demo/

I loved the demo as much as the next guy but what the fuck did I just read?

DieH@rd

Banned
Holy shit are people seriously not impressed? To me that looked amazing. People are hard to impress these days

They are trying to find something to complain about. This is a fifth game in a franchise, of course the gameplay and the feel of the action will remain constant, but upgrades are evident everywhere. Animations are better, players can access more mechanics, and players are put in totally differnet gameplay scenarios.

That mud section was on par with Fury Road, amazing achievement, not only visually, but because it was PLAYABLE.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I would have found it especially not refreshing if an Uncharted game failed to exhibit industry-leading fidelity.

hesido

Me too. I was excited for that 60fps thingie but I had my doubts that they could pull it off. Still, I won't complain like I did with Ratchet And Clank doing 30fps on PS4.

Having 60fps for the multiplayer is awesome though.

bumpkin

First thing that comes to mind when I'm seeing negativity...

51987-Are-You-Not-Entertained-1a5I.jpeg

I think it looked fantastic from what I saw on Twitch, shitty stream quality aside. Looking forward to the game as much as ever!

jaypah

I understand not everyone has to like this game, but I don't get what someone gains from coming in here, writing "meh" or "not impressed" and then leaving.

What does anyone gain from doing that anywhere at any time? Meh is just a longstanding internet response for "not impressed". I doubt it goes away any time soon.

Anyway, can't wait to see this. Is the youtube link up yet?

btags

Well that was fucking amazing.

If that was seriously disappointing to you then I want to know what kind of games DO look impressive and fun.

I'll say this as someone who was unimpressed by the footage: people need to define what they mean by impressive. Graphically I think the game looks great but as far as gameplay, it really didn't impress me. You can say a bunch of stuff like "the transitions were seamless," "PHYSEX," or "you can actually drive the car now,"" but all of those do not cover up the fact that it was a slightly more advanced on rails section. I am more interested in gameplay experiences that are created by the player due to interaction with a sandbox, not what someone else thinks looks really cool for one playthrough. And yes, I understand that that may not be what uncharted is, but that doesn't mean that I can't criticize the game for being what it is.

I loved the demo as much as the next guy but what the fuck did I just read?
Ummm...the man was excited? You just watched a blurry twitch of the demo, the press was behind doors likely with speakers blazing on giant HD sets. Seemed genuinely hyped bra, that's all there is to it. He even states it's hyperbole because he knows how excited he is.

They are trying to find something to complain about. This is a fifth game in a franchise, of course the gameplay and the feel of the action will remain constant, but upgrades are evident everywhere. Animations are better, players can access more mechanics, and players are put in totally differnet gameplay scenarios.

That mud section was on par with Fury Road, amazing achievement, not only visually, but because it was PLAYABLE.
Nailed it. That's all there is to it. In addition to the improvements in animation, graphics, stealth and level design made evident from the PSX demo, all adds up for Uncharted 4.

Top Bottom