• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 FULL E3 Video July 1st!

"looks" may be the wrong word here, the game looks amazing but gameplay is definitely UC 3.5 ish.

We already know from the PSX demo that the moment to moment gameplay offers a really dynamic combat sandbox though.

These are just set-pieces to mix things up, but looking at the whole E3 demo even those offer more freedom than most and everything seems to be on the stick, we came along way since the QTEs from Resi 4.

Same.

The whole thing was just scripted and "scripted" is the keyword here.

Nothing special.

That is demonstrably false. The first part of the demo played out differently from the E3 version.

"looks" may be the wrong word here, the game looks amazing but gameplay is definitely UC 3.5 ish.

Funny you say "3.5 ish" when the gameplay from 3 -> 4 is easily a bigger improvement than 2 -> 3. Would you say it's Uncharted 2.75 gameplay, then?

That was a little underwhelming imo.

Graphically it looked awesome and great gamepaly but it wasn't as good as the media made it out to be.

giphy-8.gif

SgtCobra

What do people want drom a new Uncharted then? RPG elements? Online co-op? GTA styled open world?
What does 3.5 even mean? What makes a game have round number?

Questions questions.

Trying to get some differences here:

- In the demo you could see the explosion of the first grenade better than the last demo

- Drake also shoots between the glass in the meat store

- More shots and in different locations on the wind shield

- Instead of going up the stairs in the car, the player went right and had to turn it back around because it was the wrong way

In this demo he got stuck by the bus too, since he went in another way.

hawk2025

No cinematic bullshit answer for 30fps, I like that :)

"We have twice as much time to render a frame". That's it, it's simple, lol. There's no need for PR nonsense on the answer.

I understand not everyone has to like this game, but I don't get what someone gains from coming in here, writing "meh" or "not impressed" and then leaving.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
March 2016 can't come soon enough!!! :)

*awaits HD youtube upload*

Looking forward to seeing THE set piece for this. UC 2 was the train, UC 3 was the plane, UC 4 is the..

Uncharted 4 Beta:

"Comes with the Uncharted Collection. There's no invites. Just buy the damn game"

Man can you imagine how would the cargo plan or ship or the finale of uc3, the opening bits of uc1, the snow, shambala and rooftop sequenced of uc2 would all look and feel at 1080p 60fps. Can't wait and the collections right around my 🎂

hawk2025

To discuss gameplay and "Uncharted 3.5" stuff, we need to look at the PSX demo. Maybe that's how you feel when discussing that, and that's fine.

But to make these comments based on this demo is nonsense.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how awesome was the motorcycle chase in MGS4 though?
The microwave scene in MGSIV is a brilliant use of a setpiece moment, IMO.

What do people want drom a new Uncharted then? RPG elements? Online co-op? GTA styled open world?
What does 3.5 even mean? What makes a game have round number?

Questions questions.

This.

No snowboard mini game? => Uncharted 3.5
No fire breathing dragon? => Uncharted 3.2
No sandbox gameplay? => Uncharted 3.1

Yup the PSX gameplay was fucking great. It's just this set piece wasn't impressive for me compared to things like The Train or plane crash.
I really liked the rope and the running towards the screen like crash games. Hmmm...I dunno, this was more impressive than anything I've ever done in UC2. Also, think this will be the strongest gameplay mechanical Uncharted ever so, it's another day one for me. I actually skipped UC3 because I was kinda burned out of the set-piece formula.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I understand not everyone has to like this game, but I don't get what someone gains from coming in here, writing "meh" or "not impressed" and then leaving.

Even worse is now we have multiple pages discussing such a lazy, troll worthy criticism like "Uncharted 3.5". Who cares anyway, people need to just let that stuff roll off.

Top Bottom