• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Collection demo up in PS Store Worldwide

Famassu

Awesome thanks guys. I also got to experience tlou on ps4 for the first time too and its easily up there with one of my all time favorite games. Loved it! Im assuming they play similar? Cant wait if they do!
Somewhat, but Uncharted is a more straightforward pulp adventure shooter vs. the more methodical & usually more stealthy survival horror approach of Last of Us. Whereas Last of Us is more about scrounging for any kind of supplies/weapons in your environment that can help you get an edge over your enemies and finding all of the ways to trick your opponents so that you can take them out as efficiently as possible, Uncharted is a bit more about just playing around with the weapon arsenal that the game offers you while fighting enemy waves that often force you to move around, less about trying to make the most out of limited supplies.

Oh, and bare in mind that Uncharted 1 can be a bit iffy by today's standards. It's a bit too heavily relient on fighting countless enemy waves in a single location before you can move on and those rooms & locations aren't quite as well designed as what Naughty Dog offers in the sequels. There's also less variety and not that many impressive gameplay scenarios that bring some much needed variety into the sequels. If you feel that Uncharted 1 is a bit of a bore, I'd say run through it on the easiest setting to get through it effortlessly and then continue on to Uncharted 2, the best game in the franchise so far.

GavinUK86

About 25 mins long. From getting stuck in the lift in the hotel to the chopper fight on the rooftop with a grenade launcher.

Hoje0308

Banned
Awesome thanks guys. I also got to experience tlou on ps4 for the first time too and its easily up there with one of my all time favorite games. Loved it! Im assuming they play similar? Cant wait if they do!

The only thing TLoU and Uncharted have in common are the perspective from which you play. Tone, gunplay, frequency of encounters and viability of stealth tactics are very different between the two. There's no crafting in Uncharted and - except on crushing - it isn't totally necessary to stay behind cover when controlling Drake.

About 25 mins long. From getting stuck in the lift in the hotel to the chopper fight on the rooftop with a grenade launcher.

Different to the EGX demo then, good good... That one started with
the jeep trying to run you over and ending with Chloe showing up with the rocket laucher "always saving your ass'

Qr3v2V9.jpg

Gorgeus, shame about the compression. Really cool frames in the photo mode too!

GavinUK86

Not bad.

Dof put some weird aliasing on the gun in the second pic.

It's not mind blowing, it's just Uncharted 2 at 1080p. The 60fps really makes a huge difference though. Zero drops as far as I could tell.

MADGAME

Not bad.

uncharted_thenathandrq7bo5.jpg

It's not mind blowing, it's just Uncharted 2 at 1080p. The 60fps really makes a huge difference though. Zero drops as far as I could tell.

Drake stares in horror as he realizes his fingers pass through his own hand

eFKac

Starting the game right now, so excited to dive in again. Poland.

Edit. First impression, Omg it looks so good *_*

xion4360

guys this is a pretty international forum, so please note what region your talking about when you say things like "its out now"

eFKac

Not bad.

Sorry but that's selling it short.

Even if you don't see the improvements in textures, lighting, etc. Because you've played UC2 in 2010 last time (I actually don't blame you or anyone not remembering how it looked) the game has absolutely stellar image quality, aliasing is reduced to pretty much zero, that most certainly was not the case in UC2 on PS3 and it's obvious on the first wider shot of the city.

Edit. Maybe there is a bit of aliasing but still leagues better than it was on the PS3.

Top Bottom