• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

18-Volt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc0W7moPgRA

Some more Accel World vs. SAO footage is up. It looks rough. I guess this is another case like Attack on Titan where despite the dev, the game is just too much for the hardware.

Runs pretty well. And looks better than Lost Song and Hollow Realization. It's just we get disappointed when games don't look like Sony's first party efforts. We need to adjust our expectations when it comes to visuals.

I don't even remember a Vita game that both runs smooth and looks amazing since Killzone.

Accel World vs Sword Art Online looks pretty terrible and is in line with the recent SOA on Vita in terms of performance. So not good at all.

My choice for the best looking and running Vita game in the last months would be Odin Sphere. That port is fantastic.

Runs pretty well. And looks better than Lost Song and Hollow Realization. It's just we get disappointed when games don't look like Sony's first party efforts. We need to adjust our expectations when it comes to visuals.

I don't even remember a Vita game that both runs smooth and looks amazing since Killzone.

Lol, this looks significantly worse than Lost Song in both graphics and performance imo. Looks less graphically impressive than Hollow Realization too, although the framerate seems slightly more stable.

Were we watching the same footage?

"Console versions"

Vita stretch goal now going to funding Switch and/or XB1 ports in addition to the PS4 one?

Vita & PS4 = "console versions".

I can't see Sekai getting into XB1 & Switch publishing when they've not yet been able to release games for PS4 & Vita (and all the associated troubles with getting to the stage they're at now).

Shizuka

It was expected that they'd port the trilogy to PS4 as well, since that's what they're doing going forward when they have to port the games. The only case where it's a Vita-exclusive is Root Double, as they're using the original japanese port provided by Regista.

It was expected that they'd port the trilogy to PS4 as well, since that's what they're doing going forward when they have to port the games. The only case where it's a Vita-exclusive is Root Double, as they're using the original japanese port provided by Regista.

Are they not working with Frontwing on Grisaia though, who have already released Vita versions of these games in Japan?

I mean, I'm not surprised there's a PS4 port, but I thought they'd be using the already-made games for Vita at least.

Takao

Banned
Vita & PS4 = "console versions".

I can't see Sekai getting into XB1 & Switch publishing when they've not yet been able to release games for PS4 & Vita (and all the associated troubles with getting to the stage they're at now).

They got into PS4 publishing before being able to ship a single Vita one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shizuka

Are they not working with Frontwing on Grisaia though, who have already released Vita versions of these games in Japan?

I mean, I'm not surprised there's a PS4 port, but I thought they'd be using the already-made games for Vita at least.

Not really, those ports are Prototype's.

No, they're using their own Unity engine port. It's cheaper to make your own VN port than to license someone else's.

Not really, those ports are Prototype's.

No, they're using their own Unity engine port. It's cheaper to make your own VN port than to license someone else's.

Oh sugar yeah, I forgot Prototype were involved. Oh well.

They got into PS4 publishing before being able to ship a single Vita one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And it's 8 months since those were announced and we still have no PS4 games either. Strikes me as the kind of publisher likely to be able to handle even more platforms on top of that! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

John Blade

Just got myself a PSVita L2 R2 Grip for my 1000. Now, I can play ps1 games which need the L2 R2 button without any issue for now. Also, slowly getting games from the sale and it's slowly building up my game collection. Start to like the vita bit now and looking forward for more sales from Sony for the Vita.

Chesskid1

Banned
L2/R2/R3/L3 grip for the vita 2k is $20.99 shipped at play-asia with all the promo's going on.

it's always like $30++ with shipping, works with ps1 games too, probably difficult to find in a few years. might as well.

Ventara

L2/R2/R3/L3 grip for the vita 2k is $20.99 shipped at play-asia with all the promo's going on.

it's always like $30++ with shipping, works with ps1 games too, probably difficult to find in a few years. might as well.

Thanks for the heads up. Keep telling myself that I need to get one, but have never gotten around to it. Would be perfect now with the promos going on.

Edit: Are there still any grips available for the 1000? I don't think I see any. :(

John Blade

Thanks for the heads up. Keep telling myself that I need to get one, but have never gotten around to it. Would be perfect now with the promos going on.

Edit: Are there still any grips available for the 1000? I don't think I see any. :(

A new batch should be coming out sometime next month. If you can't wait, you can buy from other location right now but it will cost more to get now. Just wait for mid next month for a new batch to come in.

We're putting ANOTHER game in a box! It's name is...@AxiomVerge! Multiverse Edition coming to #PS4 #PSVita #WiiU http://ow.ly/gTxw309hQq3

https://twitter.com/BadLandGamesINT/status/834781453871374338

C5W9TlLWAAEUV3j.jpg

Quixzlizx

Trying to decide whether pre-ordering the Asian/English version of Demon Gaze 2 will end up making me look stupid when someone announces a NA release.

Saphirax

Trying to decide whether pre-ordering the Asian/English version of Demon Gaze 2 will end up making me look stupid when someone announces a NA release.

Regardless of what you decide, I don't think the game will release in March. Will probably be months if/before it comes out.

I think I've ordered like 30 games from Play Asia in the past few years, so I love them, but they're not the most reliable with these listings. They had Civilization Revolution 2 Plus up for like a year before it finally happened; they had Nobunaga's Ambition up for ages and that never happened (plus a retail release of Helldivers on Vita).

I wouldn't get too excited about things like Demon Gaze or Ys just yet. Will be great if they happen, but I'd recommend caution.

Is this new? Ys Origin PS Vita with english subtitles is listed at Play-Asia:
http://www.play-asia.com/ys-origin-multi-language/13/70aylx

They actually have the game up for preorder already as well, something that Demon Gaze 2 still doesn't have after being up for over a month. I would say this will actually be a thing, unlike several other games they've had which sat there for months without being able to preorder and then got cancelled/delayed (Moero Crystal and most likely DG2).

$30 is also what we likely could have expected from LRG as well, so they aren't trying to rip importers off on it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So how many of you are defecting to/purchasing Switch next week?

I'm not buying Switch but i have already betrayed Vita because i have ordered a GPD Win :(

I have to admit it, just the thought of replaying and finishing my old pc games alone is hyping me, Might & Magic 6, heroes of might & magic 3, neverwinter nights, chaos legion, starcraft, septerra core, caesar 3 and many many more, then there are all the games i would buy, from fallout 2 to skyrim, diablo 3 and many more.
I can't wait! XD

With Free Shipping and BLUECODE, I couldnt say no to a preorder for $24.99 shipped. I rather pre order it now than get it later with shipping.

Thanks for the heads-up!

So how many of you are defecting to/purchasing Switch next week?

Nah, I'll wait a few more months to gauge what kind of Japanese 3rd party support it will have. Also I need to know for sure if it's still required to call Nintendo just to transfer my licences to another console.

Top Bottom