• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Adahn

Any tips for Soul Sacrifice Delta? I have 50 hours in the game but I feel that I'm missing something fundamental as every battle takes me more than 10 minutes at this point and I feel I'm doing no damage at all. Went for most of the game with an evasive spell, a healing spell, and 4 different attacks. Then I looked around and decided that that build was all over the place, tried to build around 1-2 attack spells, but that failed too.
Am I missing a key strategy about this game?

There are tons of cool builds you should be able to try by that stage in the game, although you may well need to grind out some sigils. What kind of attacks did you like using? I played virtually exclusively blood builds, by the end the damage output could be nuts, and that wasn't even with the best modifiers I could have got (curse you RNG).

There are tons of cool builds you should be able to try by that stage in the game, although you may well need to grind out some sigils. What kind of attacks did you like using? I played virtually exclusively blood builds, by the end the damage output could be nuts, and that wasn't even with the best modifiers I could have got (curse you RNG).
I suppose I liked fast melee attacks the most, so spears and swords, but decided to go with Avalon anyways for story reasons and high ATK. That said, I feel like even eggs (just crafted my first black Offering, Cobbler's Mallet+) and arms do too little damage lol.

Did consider doing a blood build, but my Life level is 29 so I'd havr a looong way for that lol. I do like the thematic implications of that though, might give it a try regardless. As for my current sigils, I boosted arm damage and evasion (they have a great resonance, like 31% attack and 25% evasion bonus- with the Avalon II sigil).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Any tips for Soul Sacrifice Delta? I have 50 hours in the game but I feel that I'm missing something fundamental as every battle takes me more than 10 minutes at this point and I feel I'm doing no damage at all. Went for most of the game with an evasive spell, a healing spell, and 4 different attacks. Then I looked around and decided that that build was all over the place, tried to build around 1-2 attack spells, but that failed too.
Am I missing a key strategy about this game?

I played only the original SS and i think that 10 minutes was the rule, SS was a hunting game and hunting games usually involve long boss battles, part of the challenge in SS was to plan the "ammo" management.
I liked to use long range attacks.

Adahn

I suppose I liked fast melee attacks the most, so spears and swords, but decided to go with Avalon anyways for story reasons and high ATK. That said, I feel like even eggs (just crafted my first black Offering, Cobbler's Mallet+) and arms do too little damage lol.

Did consider doing a blood build, but my Life level is 29 so I'd havr a looong way for that lol. I do like the thematic implications of that though, might give it a try regardless. As for my current sigils, I boosted arm damage and evasion (they have a great resonance, like 31% attack and 25% evasion bonus- with the Avalon II sigil).

If I remember correctly you'd be best to pick one of spear or sword as the magic amps won't stack for them. Also, you'd want to go Sanc for the build too.

Really, at this stage of the game I found that it was all about stacking the amps as much as you can to get the biggest % increase in damage that you can. For instance, have you got the relevant heart sigil yet (that's the one you get and can boost by sacrificing all of your life and magic levels back down to 1)? Have you started to farm up stuff like Vanquisher Sigil V?

If I remember correctly you'd be best to pick one of spear or sword as the magic amps won't stack for them. Also, you'd want to go Sanc for the build too.

Really, at this stage of the game I found that it was all about stacking the amps as much as you can to get the biggest % increase in damage that you can. For instance, have you got the relevant heart sigil yet (that's the one you get and can boost by sacrificing all of your life and magic levels back down to 1)? Have you started to farm up stuff like Vanquisher Sigil V?

Woah. No, I don't think I have any V-tier skill just yet. Don't think I even got a Heart sigil.

Ventara

So I'm thinking of buying the European versions of Steins;Gate 0, Valkyrie Drive and Root Letter. I won't be missing anything significant by not being able to buy DLC (if they have them) or anything, right?

So I'm thinking of buying the European versions of Steins;Gate 0, Valkyrie Drive and Root Letter. I won't be missing anything significant by not being able to buy DLC (if they have them) or anything, right?

For Valkyrie Drive you'll miss out on the 2 main characters from the show and pretty much every outfit that is more than just alternate colors of the base ingame outfits. There's also a high quality sound pack as free dlc which I would honestly suggest getting. There's still plenty of game there even without those, but some of those extra outfits are kind of nice. The other 2, being VNs, have no dlc.

Ventara

For Valkyrie Drive you'll miss out on the 2 main characters from the show and pretty much every outfit that is more than just alternate colors of the base ingame outfits. There's also a high quality sound pack as free dlc which I would honestly suggest getting. There's still plenty of game there even without those, but some of those extra outfits are kind of nice. The other 2, being VNs, have no dlc.

Thanks for the info! I can live without the costumes, especially if they're paid, but 2 extra characters and a sound pack, hmmm.If I'm honest with myself, I'd probably never buy the 2 extra characters anyways, but a free sound pack is nice. Then again, it's like $25 EU copy vs $50 NA copy.

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders screen shots:

C5jFNG3VMAA0i9c.jpg:large

C5jEK7DU0AAFrGE.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/gaijin4life/status/835633519476928512
https://twitter.com/gaijin4life/status/835634657081241600

I'm really glad Gaijinworks grabbed Summon Night 6. I'm super excited for it, I just wish they'd been able to get out Summon Night 5 on EU PSN, but I suppose now I have a US account I'll just get it on there.

And I really wonder how many more Vita games (if any) Vic will be able to get out before it's too late. He's persevered with PSP and I'm willing to bet he'd do the same for Vita, I'm just not sure there's that many titles that would be attractive to him which he hasn't already grabbed.

Jimrpg

That looks great! I'm finding I really prefer to play JRPGs on the vita. And def prefer it to the PC.

Also picked up Dragon Quest Builders on the Vita with that playasia code saved at least $10 including shipping so that was great. It's becoming super difficult to find, online anyway. Was there ever a physical version of that for R1 and R2? I got the R3 version.

Jimrpg

Been doing a bit of internet shopping and feels like the EU versions can be a bit cheaper. I picked up Valkyrie Drive PAL too but I do have both a EU and US vita.

The region locking is the most annoying thing ever honestly. I purchased Everybody's Golf preowned and totally forgot about the online pass and now the online pass is the same price as what I got the game for $15 >.< Or I could pay that for a brand new US copy.

I'm really glad Gaijinworks grabbed Summon Night 6. I'm super excited for it, I just wish they'd been able to get out Summon Night 5 on EU PSN, but I suppose now I have a US account I'll just get it on there.

And I really wonder how many more Vita games (if any) Vic will be able to get out before it's too late. He's persevered with PSP and I'm willing to bet he'd do the same for Vita, I'm just not sure there's that many titles that would be attractive to him which he hasn't already grabbed.

Might have been asked already but will there be a physical version of SN6?

Jimrpg

BLUECODE is no longer giving $5 discounts, at least for my Ys Origin pre-order. It's now $3 discount.

Mine is still $5 but I ordered it 2 days ago. Did you only order it in the last 24 hours?

$3 discount and free shipping still isn't too bad I suppose :)

ShyMel

If Chaos;Child is coming in June according to retailer leaks, what's taking PQube so long to announce it?

Maybe they are having to wait to announce it due to a request by the developer? Or maybe one of the companies involved in the anime, which is airing now, requested them to wait on announcing it?

If Chaos;Child is coming in June according to retailer leaks, what's taking PQube so long to announce it?
Didn't retailers leak Steins;Gate 0 for last August and PQube didn't announce until like, late May? And then it ended up coming out way later than August anyway.

I enjoyed reading it!

Pretty positive view of all the situation an history of the console , it was fun to ride that rollercoaster again, thanks!

Thanks. Redditors weren't as keen as my other articles, so it's nice to hear some positive feedback.

OT: Two pieces of news:

https://twitter.com/ThylaStudios/status/836255480674729985

Siralim 2 has passed QA, coming "sooner than you think"

https://twitter.com/FallenLegionPS/status/836259251215486976

Fallen Legion will be shown off at GDC

i-Jest

Hopefully no-one minds me sharing it here, I wrote an article reviewing the last 5 years of Vita support, quite enjoyed writing it:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.c...e-year-review/

It ws a great read, thanks for sharing.

I've lost hope in Sega. Still no Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition? Still no consideration for releasing Blade Arcus From Shining in the west? Not even a digital release for either? This is rough, I might just import if the CAD gets to a better place in the exchange.

If I can find a copy that isn't to pricey to import, I think I'll buy Slain as well.

Interesting.....just notice they is a digital release of Summon Night 5. Do anyone here play this game and what is your impression of the game itself. I just only play the GBA and DS one which release in NA.

Only played it briefly so far. For a PSP game it has high production values. Looks great on Vita.

jzbluz

I assumed PQube was going to localized Net High if anyone was going to do it, so I hope that never coming to the west from XSEED means it's just not coming from them.

Saphirax

Speaking of XSEED - they're going to be at E3. Wonder what games they'll be announcing this time aside from the latest EDF game.

Speaking of XSEED - they're going to be at E3. Wonder what games they'll be announcing this time aside from the latest EDF game.

I'd say the latest Senran Kagura game, but I honestly expect it to be announced before then. I'd go out on a limb and say this year will primarily be PC ports (as in they find a reliable company to port for them), especially if they want to keep the few series they have left and not lose them to other companies. No one should be expecting any sort of Vita announcements after Ys 8 went to Nisa.

jzbluz

I assumed Falcom gave Ys 8 to NISA because they want the game asap in English, and XSEED is too busy with the LoH series to translate Ys in a timely manner, and not because Ys 8 is a vita game.

What does Marvelous even have that they can bring over?

18-Volt

I believe they'll do worldwide announcements again. Marvelous said famitsu (or dengeki?) interview that they have couple of unannounced projects. Just like they did with Akiba's Trip, those could be worldwide reveals. I expect everything to be Switch related.

But if next Acquire project is ready (i don't think so), that could be for PS4/Vita.

Also, SpikeChunsoft is having a press event on March 2nd.

https://twitter.com/spikechunsoft_e/status/836377331841150976

Fire Pro Wrestling 4, for PC, PS4, Switch. I'm not saying Vita to be not disappointed. But if it ends up on Vita, I'll be really surprised.

I assumed Falcom gave Ys 8 to NISA because they want the game asap in English, and XSEED is too busy with the LoH series to translate Ys in a timely manner, and not because Ys 8 is a vita game.

What does Marvelous even have that they can bring over?

It was likely because Nisa offered a PC version and Xseed couldn't, not that the game was on Vita. At the end of the day, that game was coming out near the end of the year on PS4 and Vita whether Nisa or Xseed did it, it's just Nisa is actually capable of bringing it to PC as well and Ys games do well on PC (considering PC is where they found life in the West).

As for Marvelous, they have Peach Beach Splash and that's about it for now. It's basically been confirmed for the West at this point, it's just no company has made an official announcement yet. I would honestly expect another Valkyrie Drive from them as well, but as for who gets that (considering PQube brought the first over and it did extremely well for them), that remains to be seen. Xseed kinda shot themselves in the foot by passing on it.

Top Bottom