• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Kenka Bancho Otome!

Yeah, I think we can assume that aside from Fire Pro Wrestling for whatever platforms that comes out for, the stuff from that Twitter poll a while ago is a likely bet. I'd expect Kenka Bancho (hopefully the Vita version as well as PC) as well as a Steam port of Shiren.

I'd say the latest Senran Kagura game, but I honestly expect it to be announced before then. I'd go out on a limb and say this year will primarily be PC ports (as in they find a reliable company to port for them), especially if they want to keep the few series they have left and not lose them to other companies. No one should be expecting any sort of Vita announcements after Ys 8 went to Nisa.

iirc, XSEED have officially said no to IA/VT and Luminous Arc Infinity in the past, and now Net High as well. Tokyo Xanadu went to Aksys; Valkyrie Drive went to PQube and Ys VIII went to NISA, so there's only really Uppers left for them and I don't believe for a second they'll actually be bringing it west - it'll be PQube or no-one.

So yeah, I'm not expecting anything either.

Sorry for double post, but new post for new news and all that!

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/836450069658284032

Eastasiasoft are working on an announced Vita title. It's in the context of them doing physical releases for Asia, so it sounds like it may be part of that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1813182

Muv-Luv Vita is being rated by ESRB at the moment, sounds like it's nearly done.

edit: Also, Omega Labyrinth Z announced for Vita (and PS4):

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/omega-labyrinth-z-announced-ps4-ps-vita

18-Volt

It's time for Kenka Bancho Otome indeed!

Besides, not like SC is going to have a press conference for one game...right?

If that game is big enough why not? If I were them, I'd throw a huge press party after I acquired some licenses for my new Fire Pro Wrestling game.

If Ys Origin was from EAS, why wouldn't they just say so? And it's not advertised as Play Asia exclusive, who seem to be their publishing partner

They also tweeted about Ys VIII and generally retweet Play Asia a lot

If Ys Origin was from EAS, why wouldn't they just say so? And it's not advertised as Play Asia exclusive, who seem to be their publishing partner

They also tweeted about Ys VIII and generally retweet Play Asia a lot

Good to have you back. Always appreciate your posts here.

All this excitement about Switch indie game announcements and how it's the perfect console for indies and I'm just sitting here like... where have you all been for the past 5 years? Lol.

Still, nice to see Vita's spirit is living on through it at least.

mollipen

I have to admit I'm a little raw at seeing Stardew Valley getting special Switch stuff when we don't have our version of the game yet.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
All this excitement about Switch indie game announcements and how it's the perfect console for indies and I'm just sitting here like... where have you all been for the past 5 years? Lol.

As i said in another thread for PSP and Vita haters everything is bad until it comes to a nintendo handheld years later.

But other than that do you remember how before finding a home on vita(thanks to Shahid) indies were despised and not counted? IIRC Official blogs and events didn't even give space to those games, now the big three market, offer and even fund indie games.

If it wasn't for indies that then started filling the holes between the release of an AAA game and the next one in the first years of this generation of home consoles things would have been very different.

Sorry for double post, but new post for new news and all that!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1813182

Muv-Luv Vita is being rated by ESRB at the moment, sounds like it's nearly done.

edit: Also, Omega Labyrinth Z announced for Vita (and PS4):

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/omega-labyrinth-z-announced-ps4-ps-vita

We're getting MuvLuv on Vita before Grisaia! Lol

I hope the sequel gets announced, that PS4 version is increasing the chances.

mollipen

Is Muv-Luv only going to be physical if you backed the Kickstarter? I told myself I didn't want it because I didn't like the art style, but I know at some point I'll hate myself for not picking a release like that up physically.

I'm 15h into Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth2 right now and is this game getting any better? I really loved Rebirth1, got the platinum trophy for that one, but Rebirth2 is such a huge step back. Where is the fun? The new cast is annoying. (I miss my Nep-Nep) The game mechanics feel much more simple (less dungeons, less to do in general). Chapter 2 is way too long with too much nonsense dialog without any humor. Same goes for the chirper. There are much more but most of them are just bland and don't even offer any useful plans like in Rebirth1. I don't know, it feels off. Maybe I need a break.

Olengie

Is Muv-Luv only going to be physical if you backed the Kickstarter? I told myself I didn't want it because I didn't like the art style, but I know at some point I'll hate myself for not picking a release like that up physically.

Check your backerkit

So true, but let Nintendo fans be happy. Let us be the wise men....

We know better :)

Olengie

To be clear, I haven't done anything in terms of supporting the game. I'm wondering about coming-to-the-party-late people.

Then youre out of luck. Only way to get a physical copy right now was back the Kickstarter and/or request to be put on he Backerkit, which eneded last March

The physical copy for Muv Luv wont come out until the translation for Alternative is finished, which is sometime in 2017

Shizuka

Then youre out of luck. Only way to get a physical copy right now was back the Kickstarter and/or request to be put on he Backerkit, which eneded last March

The physical copy for Muv Luv wont come out until the translation for Alternative is finished, which is sometime in 2017

Not really, they didn't rule out selling standard copies after the game is released.

Powwa

It's all about marketing, Sony did the same with PS4. But with Vita they decided to not to compete in handheld market after 2 years, killing every momentum possible by stopping first party development, marketing strategy and their weird ass announcements, so don't be surprised.
Haven't seen any other console producer that killed its own hype train yet, that's Sony for you.

i-Jest

Anyone else notice Stranger of Sword City Revisited released on the Vita store front? Maybe it's because I didn't know the release date, now that I think about it, but I wasn't expecting it so soon.

Anyone else notice Stranger of Sword City Revisited released on the Vita store front? Maybe it's because I didn't know the release date, now that I think about it, but I wasn't expecting it so soon.
I only knew cause of Parakeetman, haha.
I only got slightly past party creation in the first one so maybe I should just skip right to revisited.

Olengie

I don't think it'll be viable to print less than a thousand copies just for the Kickstarter backers.

Probably more than a 1000 if you also count paypal backers as well as those who emailed to get into the Backerkit.

I remember them mentioning that a retail release of Muv Luv Vita is unlikely, unless they see the demand. And if they did decide to do a retail release, it would be sometime after.

Of course, there is always a chance of LRG or another company doing it for them.

Chesskid1

Banned
picked up a few more european imports, just started watching the anime one piece so picked up the burning blood and pirate warriors 3 since they didn't get NA physical.

i remember picking up a few european exclusives 4-5 months ago like little king's story, teslagrad, muppets, off ebay and they were plentiful, for very reasonable prices.

just a few months later and not many listings and the prices are all increasing, so don't want too long if you are in NA like me and want to pick up some euro games.

NDPsycho

picked up a few more european imports, just started watching the anime one piece so picked up the burning blood and pirate warriors 3 since they didn't get NA physical.

i remember picking up a few european exclusives 4-5 months ago like little king's story, teslagrad, muppets, off ebay and they were plentiful, for very reasonable prices.

just a few months later and not many listings and the prices are all increasing, so don't want too long if you are in NA like me and want to pick up some euro games.

Totally agree. I had an even harder time trying to make sure I was getting the UK copies of many of them. Not that a lot of the German, Spanish or French covered ones aren't playable in english, I just try to get the English cover when possible. A lot of Spanish Dragonball Z, French Legends of War, German Handbalk 16, Best of Arcade, etc out there compared to the UK copies. Oh and Marvel edition of Little Big Planet, the list goes on. I had a much easier time getting the Asian English games, well at least now that Digimon seems to have had more stock show up everywhere.

Not sure anyone is interested in this stuff anymore, but Vita has been out of stock in UK for a while, at least since early December.

Majority of retailers still don't have any stock, but Shopto oddly got a new shipment in, and are selling the console for £190.

Wasn't expecting that.

Takao

Banned
It's all about marketing, Sony did the same with PS4. But with Vita they decided to not to compete in handheld market after 2 years, killing every momentum possible by stopping first party development, marketing strategy and their weird ass announcements, so don't be surprised.
Haven't seen any other console producer that killed its own hype train yet, that's Sony for you.

Sega forged the path that Sony followed with Vita.

SIEA was the worst with Vita. Awful bundles and a complete abandonment of advertising after holiday 2012. Yes, that's right, they ditched all traditional advertising for the platform less than a year into its life.

SIE in general treated the platform horribly. In 2013, a seven year old PS3 had a much better first party lineup than their new platform did. You have SIEJA calling it a quits back in 2014 despite the thing only now petering out and PS4 being incapable of supporting most third party franchises.

Shirow

Banned
I bought a Vita about a week ago and I'm enjoying the hell out of the thing. I used to have one when it came out and was looking forward to getting some stuff for it from GameStop just to have an employee tell me they're discontinuing everything Vita on the stores.

I seriously can't almost believe Sony let this one go to shit. Had it for a couple of years, was a year off and came back and I still can't even finish what I got in my library from back then. To many good games.

Is going mostly digital on this thing a good idea or should I stock up on physical? I thought we could save the games on PC or ps3 or something like that.

Shizuka

It sounds like something that would probably be Steam focused otherwise it'd be done through their publishing partner.

Spike Chunsoft has published console games in the past, namely One Way Heroics. They've been hinting at the Danganronpa VR demo and published an interest poll with console games (that's probably get Steam ports as well).

Powwa

Sega forged the path that Sony followed with Vita.

SIEA was the worst with Vita. Awful bundles and a complete abandonment of advertising after holiday 2012. Yes, that's right, they ditched all traditional advertising for the platform less than a year into its life.

SIE in general treated the platform horribly. In 2013, a seven year old PS3 had a much better first party lineup than their new platform did. You have SIEJA calling it a quits back in 2014 despite the thing only now petering out and PS4 being incapable of supporting most third party franchises.

I remember Sega being horrendous with their decisions as well. But I don't remember them calling their own device a legacy console. Or outright cancelling first party support while still having a chance to savour themselves in Japan/Asia and (partly) in Europe.

I know it's beating a dead horse after all this time but I'm still sour about all game the game cancellations and talented studio closures. Now, where is my Soul Sacrifice 2?
In before PS4

AniHawk

more frustrating is that the vita died so that ps vr could live, but by all accounts it's another device that's going to be barely supported beyond a handful of games and it won't have the same reach the vita might - although at the very least it could be a good foot in the door if/when vr blows up.

Takao

Banned
Spike Chunsoft has published console games in the past, namely One Way Heroics. They've been hinting at the Danganronpa VR demo and published an interest poll with console games (that's probably get Steam ports as well).

I think it's pathetic they've been teasing a 30-minute tech demo that's already in English for months.

I remember Sega being horrendous with their decisions as well. But I don't remember them calling their own device a legacy console. Or outright cancelling first party support while still having a chance to savour themselves in Japan/Asia and (partly) in Europe.

Sega of America basically treated Saturn like a legacy console before it even released. It was a different world back then, so what little press existed weren't exactly digging through financial briefings like they are now.

I've said it a few times on this forum, but what we saw was the transition from Sony being a global publisher with autonomous branches to a publisher with a one size fits all strategy. Regional popularity isn't good enough anymore.

Top Bottom