• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

Eanan

Flash sale is poor. Was hoping for some $10 or so first party titles like Uncharted collection and ratchet and clank.

Theodran

I picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider and Mad Max for 43 bucks, so I'm satisfied. Would have wanted to see a deep discount on Ratchet & Clank, though... maybe we'll get that for Christmas?

Dorygrant

Been eyeing dragon ball xenoverse ps3 (dont have ps4 or plus) and was unsure if the dlc is worth buying. I only really have 10 but I don't want to miss good content. Doesnt seem like much added (story wise).

Would I be fine with the base game alone?

I need help deciding what to do with my last 17-ish dollars.

I am looking at The Crew Complete Edition, AC Syndicate, Battlefront Deluxe Edition.

I have The Crew on PC due to that free Ubisoft games thing but I see that not all the cars and missions are accessible. I enjoyed my time with it but I am not sure if I'd enjoy it more with the added content.

I have AC Syndicate on PC as well but it kinda runs inconsistently even though my rig is a notch better than a PS4. I never finished it. Is it more stable on PS4?

Battlefront is really cheap. II admire that its a really pretty game. I know that it kinda lacks content and its mainly a multiplayer shooter. I am not sure if I can commit to another shooter when I am buying titanfall 2 as well and I still have destiny which I enjoy for the single player and multiplayer components.

I am thinking of buying the dlc characters for revelator as well as I missed them when they were free. (Never thought I'd buy this game as I have Xrd Sign)

Should I just save my 17 dollars for other sales in the coming weeks? I missed gravity rush remastered last week.

sdornan

I need help deciding what to do with my last 17-ish dollars.

I am looking at The Crew Complete Edition, AC Syndicate, Battlefront Deluxe Edition.

I have The Crew on PC due to that free Ubisoft games thing but I see that not all the cars and missions are accessible. I enjoyed my time with it but I am not sure if I'd enjoy it more with the added content.

I have AC Syndicate on PC as well but it kinda runs inconsistently even though my rig is a notch better than a PS4. I never finished it. Is it more stable on PS4?

Battlefront is really cheap. II admire that its a really pretty game. I know that it kinda lacks content and its mainly a multiplayer shooter. I am not sure if I can commit to another shooter when I am buying titanfall 2 as well and I still have destiny which I enjoy for the single player and multiplayer components.

I am thinking of buying the dlc characters for revelator as well as I missed them when they were free. (Never thought I'd buy this game as I have Xrd Sign)

Should I just save my 17 dollars for other sales in the coming weeks? I missed gravity rush remastered last week.
I'd go with Syndicate.

Glad I didn't wait until the flash sale as I had to leave town. At least got a day to play my stuff instead of waiting till next week by waiting until now.

I thought the sale was decent but the Canadian prices are so bad. How is Just Cause 3 $14.99 for both U.S. and Canada but Syndicate $23.99 for us while its 14.99 in Trump Ville?

Whatever at least I have a decent backlog for the gap between FFXV and Horizon.

Best wishes.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Tempted by Doom and I Am Setsuna, but just went with The Witcher 3 Complete Edition (~30 CAD).

Also noticed that Spy Chameleon is 50% off (~2.50 CAD) for PS4 and Vita. Played it on Wii U and it's really fun. Check it out!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Do I need to play Borderlands in order to understand Tales from the Borderlands?

BHK3

Banned
BCH9G8EPQ8. 20% code if someone wants to use it. I can't seem to get it to work for me.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Has to be done directly on the ps4 store. It says it's been redeemed anyway, not sure if that was your issue in the first place. Have you tried getting a refund through ebay?

Blablurn

Game of Thrones
Tales of Borderlands
Doom
Mega Man Collection

~$31

Together with already bought Dishonored 2 and FFXV I will buy no more games till Persona 5 :lol

Do I need to play Borderlands in order to understand Tales from the Borderlands?

I played the first episode once (its free) but never played borderlands. I could follow the story!

DirtyLarry

This may seem like a stupid question but I have never done it before but the math just adds up and for the convenience and how much I play it, it makes sense.

I own BF1 physical. I purchased it when Amazon was selling it for $35. I can trade it in for 34.47. The digital version is on sale for $40.19 plus I have a 20% off coupon. I am also going to purchase a few other games.

So for about $5 more I can get the digital version and not have to worry about swapping out the disk. Totally worth it as I am playing it more than I expected (already own it on the PC).

So my question(s) are...
Is the PS4 going to recognize I have gone from physical to digital? It shows up under games in My Library but has a disk next to it indicating I have physical.
Is there anything I need to do before purchasing the digital version? Delete my current install? Or will it just "switch over?"

I am basically wondering if there will be any issues if I go from physical to digital with ownership and the PS4 not insisting I need the disk if I go digital. I know there should not be, but you never know.

TIA

This may seem like a stupid question but I have never done it before but the math just adds up and for the convenience and how much I play it, it makes sense.

I own BF1 physical. I purchased it when Amazon was selling it for $35. I can trade it in for 34.47. The digital version is on sale for $40.19 plus I have a 20% off coupon. I am also going to purchase a few other games.

So for about $5 more I can get the digital version and not have to worry about swapping out the disk. Totally worth it as I am playing it more than I expected (already own it on the PC).

So my question(s) are...
Is the PS4 going to recognize I have gone from physical to digital? It shows up under games in My Library but has a disk next to it indicating I have physical.
Is there anything I need to do before purchasing the digital version? Delete my current install? Or will it just "switch over?"

I am basically wondering if there will be any issues if I go from physical to digital with ownership and the PS4 not insisting I need the disk if I go digital. I know there should not be, but you never know.

TIA

You have to delete the disc install and redownload the whole game from PSN, it's not just a license transfer.

DirtyLarry

You have to delete the disc install and redownload the whole game from PSN, it's not just a license transfer.
Thanks. That is what I figured but I like to have confirmation. I am going to purchase it before I go to bed and have it download overnight. Thanks for the fast reply.

BCH9G8EPQ8. 20% code if someone wants to use it. I can't seem to get it to work for me.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Yo, happy thanksgiving to you too.

I wish I was home to redeem this. If anyone else feels like giving it up, put it up in quotes since a lot of lurkers will take it faster than anyone. Or pass it along!

I have my cart open and I'm contemplating whether I should get a 20% off code. If the code doesn't work for anyone, pass it on and I'll make good use of it!

Ashtar

IS it not possible to use the 10% coupon on line? every time I click on it it says can't find page, I want to save my 3 bucks on Hitman season 1!

Watch dogs 2 worth 42 bucks? I dreaded the two hours I played of part 1 but I love the bay area setting. Couldn't get into the core gameplay and kept dying, this one any different?

Ran rp

What are the best episodes of Hitman? I want to keep it under $10 so I'll either get the intro pack or two other episodes.

Started playing shadow of mordor since I purchased it through this thread. Man the game is good. Definitely a must buy. I'm so surprised I never played it earlier than now.

Watch dogs 2 worth 42 bucks? I dreaded the two hours I played of part 1 but I love the bay area setting. Couldn't get into the core gameplay and kept dying, this one any different?
Imo yes. So much more fun than the first. Dialogue can get a chuckle out of me too sometimes.

Looking at God Eater 2. Am I better off getting the physical copy since there's an extra game [Resurrection] that comes with it?

More importantly, how are both games?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Bleh just accidentally spent $7 on sniper elite three for PS3 instead of the PS4 Edition. Dammit.

Yeah, it kind of sucks. I was hoping for FF9 discount like FF7 in the anniversary sale. I've also been in the mood to replay Red Dead, but I apparently sold my copy and didn't get the $6.99 bundle deal a few weeks ago. Of course, it's not on sale for either flash or Black Friday.

Demoskinos

Should I bite on Tomb Raider if I don't plan on playing it anytime soon? Finishing up Watch Dogs 2 and World of Final Fantasy and then its all about Final Fantasy XV until the end of the year for me.

Top Bottom